**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are we ever going to see phoenix get buffed?

So I recently did a Blade featured 5 star opening and ended up with Phoenix, followed by duping Phoenix. It made me think for a second, is phoenix ever going to be buffed? I have limited knowledge of the X-Men comics, but I'm pretty sure she's considered an omega level mutant (Like Iceman). Yet, in game, she has pitiful damage, and almost no defense. She should be incinerate immune. She should also have a way to increase her damage more than it is already, or increase her base damage. If anyone else has suggestions as well, I'd be open to them.

Comments

• Options
    XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    edited February 2018
    Her damage can increase immensely already. What are you talking about? She's good already imo.
    We were given the choice: Jean Grey, Phoenix, Dark Phoenix.
    Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    B_KassB_Kass Posts: 35
    Can you show me video proof that she is good?
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    My friend was just recently telling me how much he loves using his unduped 5 star phoenix and showed me what she is capable of, I have to say I was impressed. Also look at magento he is like the biggest xmen villain yet he is so underwhelming. I do know how strong she is in the comics but you also have to remember that this game has it's own world of logic.
  • Options
    XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    B_Kass wrote: »

I don't know how to send a video, but she can stack a ton of fury, incinerate, and has the ability to gain enough power for a Sp3 in 5 hits.
  • Options
    Magneto is another issue. I have trouble fighting against him sometimes, but his offensive abilities are almost nonexistent
  • Options
    B_Kass wrote: »

I don't know how to send a video, but she can stack a ton of fury, incinerate, and has the ability to gain enough power for a Sp3 in 5 hits.

I've managed to do the special 3 instantly under the right circumstances, but the fury is really weak
  • Options
    Why, if her consumes 4 furies stack of furies for increasing special attack 2 damage up to 40% 1 fury ( 10% ). So why her damage output from sp 2 so low ? It's like a recoil from suicide mastery... 5* phoenix 2/35 doing only 2-3k from sp 2 with 4 stack furies ( 40% )???
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    She is definitely one of the most underrated Champs. Stack up to 5 Fury and start stacking Incinerate. 10 is optimal. Finish off with an L3. She's not that much on the low end. She just takes patience to build up.
  • Options
    Jkw634Jkw634 Posts: 284 ★★
    Do 1 or 2 heavies speed up fury stack a little. Then just attack will incinerate from 5 to 11 then once she maxes furies use s3 before she consumes them big damage. Also if duped and about to die use s2 to get Phoenix charges and she is a regen champ.
  • Options
    BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    edited February 2018
    My friend was just recently telling me how much he loves using his unduped 5 star phoenix and showed me what she is capable of, I have to say I was impressed. Also look at magento he is like the biggest xmen villain yet he is so underwhelming. I do know how strong she is in the comics but you also have to remember that this game has it's own world of logic.

and her sig ability is nice
  • Options
    mahanmaxmahanmax Posts: 87
    I pulled my 5* Phoenix from last year's 500$ offer but haven't awaken her yet. Her sp1 drains charges but gains power, sp2 gains charges, both drain fury so by keep cycling sp1 and sp2 you can keep her furies stacks at 6-9 throughout the fight. You can also stack 11 furies for a sp3 or attack aggressively during overloaded.