**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Alliance war matchmaking???

2»

Comments

• BornBorn Posts: 228 ★★
    420sam wrote: »
    Born wrote: »
    420sam wrote: »
    Thawnim wrote: »
    Oh and this last matchup they trump us on prestige, they have a war rating 460 points higher and 9.4 mill higher ally rating. And it only took a couple of minutes to matchmake. Not sure what they are looking at when matching but seems they are just pick the next available or something lol

Can you post a picture of that match-up? Thanks.

Why? Are you able to fix the issue? Or you don’t believe me?

Rather not put the ally details up on the forum.

No picture, no proof plain and simple. Guess you would rather complain than actually try to get it resolved and get a moderator's input. Oh well enjoy losing further wars!
    Oh and this last matchup they trump us on prestige, they have a war rating 460 points higher and 9.4 mill higher ally rating. And it only took a couple of minutes to matchmake. Not sure what they are looking at when matching but seems they are just pick the next available or something lol

Can you post a picture of that match-up? Thanks.

Why? Are you able to fix the issue? Or you don’t believe me?

Rather not put the ally details up on the forum.

It has nothing to do with believing you or not. Just wanted to see if there was a reasonable explanation to it though. I guess you would rather choose the unreasonable approach of doing nothing though so good luck.

Why would I provide the evidence to either of you? And what explanation could come of it from non Kabam employees who don’t know how he system works. If a mod reads it, and they care about the situation, they can look into it or I can send them the details directly.

Posting our ally details will do nothing here.

Without proof your presence and continued argument are completely therefore worthless and add nothing of value to this thread. I think you should move on cause you will not get a response from a mod without picture proof.

I don’t see proof of how it works any any comments lol. Maybe you should provide evidence on how it works or you move on.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    @Born Your move. Time to put up or shut up!
    z5dqozrkt9tz.png
    wow I haven’t seen a match like that in a long time. Something is definitely wrong and Kabam needs to sort it out. I don’t see why other allys are getting such close matchups and we keep getting opponents that are far superior in all aspects. Not really fair IMO
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    wow I haven’t seen a match like that in a long time. Something is definitely wrong and Kabam needs to sort it out. I don’t see why other allys are getting such close matchups and we keep getting opponents that are far superior in all aspects. Not really fair IMO

Without proof of your own though you are speculating ;)

Without proof of your own though you are speculating ;)

Like I said many times before, providing proof to you or other readers here will achieve nothing. I can provide the proof to a Kabam emloyeee if they don’t believe me and care to look into it. I doubt that will happen and I doubt me posting pics here will do anything either. So I won’t.

I just stated my opinion on the matchmaking system based on my own experience. Nobody had to make a comment about it. They could of chosen to believe it and moved on, or not believe it and move on. Wasn’t looking to make believers out of the readers here. I was hoping maybe Kabam would read it and look into it, maybe that was nieve of me? But I thought it was worth a shot.
  • hurricanthurricant Posts: 515 ★★★
    Same issue here. We are getting outmatched in 23 out of our last 25 wars. It's ****. The other teams are way stronger (20-25% stronger) and always clear us 100%. We have no chance to win. Something changed in matchmaking and its really f'd up
  • Born wrote: »

All of our matches for the entire season have been within about forty points of each other, and generally within thirty points of each other. @420sam 's match up post pretty much looks like how ours looks all of the time (except for bouncing between tier 8 and 9). In fact, the lowest alliance we have been matched against all season was 1221 and the highest was 1346 (keeping in mind our rating has varied between those values as we've won and lost as well).
    DNA3000 wrote: »

All of our matches for the entire season have been within about forty points of each other, and generally within thirty points of each other. @420sam 's match up post pretty much looks like how ours looks all of the time (except for bouncing between tier 8 and 9). In fact, the lowest alliance we have been matched against all season was 1221 and the highest was 1346 (keeping in mind our rating has varied between those values as we've won and lost as well).

That’s great and I am happy for you. Just wish it was the same for us.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I am in an odd position, wherein I originally assumed that all war points worked to move us up in seasons, win or lose. But as we start to really struggle, it occurs to me that I am simply funneling points to move alliances past me? But, as I elected to have an alliance of the size and structure that I have for my own reasons, I must own the costs!

It is not so much great as it is what everyone else seems to be saying is happening to them.

Incidentally, just for giggles I looked up your forum handle in-game, something I normally do not do. Apparently your forum handle doesn't match your in-game login. You seem to be assuming that the forum mods can directly connect any forum login to an in-game login. I don't think that is a safe assumption.
  • Lovejoy72 wrote: »
    I am in an odd position, wherein I originally assumed that all war points worked to move us up in seasons, win or lose. But as we start to really struggle, it occurs to me that I am simply funneling points to move alliances past me? But, as I elected to have an alliance of the size and structure that I have for my own reasons, I must own the costs!

I'm not precisely sure what you mean by that, but rest assured that if your alliance chose not to compete, everyone else would still find a way to score points. It is just that your own end of season rewards would be lower, or non-existent. There's no penalty for participating: everyone gets something at the end of the season, however big or small the reward is. If you simply continued to fight wars exactly as you did before the announcement of seasons, you would still get more rewards than before at no additional cost than before.

It is not so much great as it is what everyone else seems to be saying is happening to them.

Incidentally, just for giggles I looked up your forum handle in-game, something I normally do not do. Apparently your forum handle doesn't match your in-game login. You seem to be assuming that the forum mods can directly connect any forum login to an in-game login. I don't think that is a safe assumption.

Yea maybe not. I just assumed it was the case as when you sign up to the forum doesn’t it link through your in game profile? I know I am able to log in here directly from in game using the forum button. I assume if that was the case they could find me in game.
    edited February 2018
    @DNA3000 Try Mtother1. ;)

It helps explain why his alliance has matchup issues. With a score that high for war you have to know the pool of opponents is going to be very small!

It helps explain why his alliance has matchup issues. With a score that high for war you have to know the pool of opponents is going to be very small!

Seriously? FFS. What’s that going to achieve. Knob

You wanted an explanation and I used some strong detective skills to figure out your identity, your alliance and your war rating. Sorry, if you do not like the explanation but it does make sense. Furthermore, it is probably the best explanation you will get providing so little information as you have. :)

Well, probably not entirely appropriate but this actually achieved the result that I now know why you are having the match up issues you are having. Your alliance is rank 21. 460 rating points away is only 20 places away, literally rank 1. You're being matched against much higher alliances some times because there aren't enough alliances that high up to always get close rating matches. At the very highest rating levels, you aren't going to consistently get close matches because the density of alliances becomes too low. There are hundreds of alliances near my alliance rating. There are literally only fourteen alliances within a hundred points of your current rating. If they don't look for match when you do, you will get matched against someone either way higher or way lower.

The problem you're reporting would be wildly weird at lower tiers. But unfortunately, this situation is generally unavoidable at the very top. It suggests, incidentally, what the matching algorithm might be considering for appropriate matches. It might be looking for alliances within a certain range of places from your war rating. In other words, while war rating is used for matching, the matching system considers any alliance within, say, 50 places of your current war rating rank to be a "close enough" match. That makes sense, because if the matching system only matched, say, within 40 points of rating then only five alliances in the world would be a compatible match for you, and you'd get stuck never being able to get matched.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★

I'm not precisely sure what you mean by that, but rest assured that if your alliance chose not to compete, everyone else would still find a way to score points. It is just that your own end of season rewards would be lower, or non-existent. There's no penalty for participating: everyone gets something at the end of the season, however big or small the reward is. If you simply continued to fight wars exactly as you did before the announcement of seasons, you would still get more rewards than before at no additional cost than before.

But it’s a bit of a psychological game, isn’t it? If I can’t provide wins, morale falls, etc. We were just getting our rhythm for AQ. But everyone wants to play at whatever is making the current stir. Simultaneously, no one wants to be cannon fodder. Doesn’t really matter, I suppose, but it is a huge challenge as a leader to put a good spin on getting ours butts kicked!
  • Lovejoy72 wrote: »

But it’s a bit of a psychological game, isn’t it? If I can’t provide wins, morale falls, etc. We were just getting our rhythm for AQ. But everyone wants to play at whatever is making the current stir. Simultaneously, no one wants to be cannon fodder. Doesn’t really matter, I suppose, but it is a huge challenge as a leader to put a good spin on getting ours butts kicked!

Part of the challenge of being an alliance officer. I personally think too many people want to be officers without thinking it is a responsibility, just some sort of perk. I turned it down myself before deciding I should try to help out.

I keep reminding everyone that while I want them to do their best and I want them to get better with every war, ultimately no alliance can win every time. Unless you are literally the best alliance in the world, you are ultimately only going to win about half the time, plus or minus. If you win consistently, your rating will keep going up until you are matched against alliances of equal or higher strength than you. Your win/loss record will then stabilize at about fifty-fifty again. In fact, if you lose constantly you will keep dropping in rating until you are matched against alliances you can beat easily, and your winning percentage will rise until it is again, on average, about fifty-fifty.

You can't win them all. You can win enough to rise to higher tiers, or lose enough to drop to lower tiers. But you have to accept the fact that eventually you will lose, and lose often. It is simply unavoidable for everyone (unless you are literally the best or the worst alliance in the world).