**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Thor / BW / DS / SW

SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Why were they nerfed? Blade is far better than all of them haha. Used blade for the first time ever today. What a snooze fest lol. I’m gonna put him on defense just so the game stays fun LMAO

Comments

• Options
    Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    How about Iron Fist getting patched? He’s the unspoken god that keeps getting forgotten
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Look up vids of Thor vs WS. I believe 8 hits was the record?
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    In the first iterations of war, they made stun immune and debuff immune LINES to protect against Thor. Widow was overlooked until thorns popped up and then she was a must-have for top tier wars. Switch wrecked and still may be the best 4* mystic attacker even after her “adjustment”.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,666 Guardian
    Look up vids of Thor vs WS. I believe 8 hits was the record?

Something like that. Also I heard of someone stacking eight breaks in the old days but I can't find a record of it. There is a video of someone stacking seven armor breaks pre-12 and then landing a medium attack that doesn't crit but still lands for over 66k of damage. And that's a 3* Thor. If you could parry well then 11.x Thor's damage was completely bonkers.
  • Options
    Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Sighsohard wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Why were they nerfed? Blade is far better than all of them haha. Used blade for the first time ever today. What a snooze fest lol. I’m gonna put him on defense just so the game stays fun LMAO

If you think Blade today is as good as those four in 11.x, you either didn't play them in 11.x or you have amnesia.

You’re wrong lol. When in t2 of current war every team is the holy trinity of spark GR and blade. R4 defenders everywhere and both teams get 30 defender kills? Lol bro you’re crazy.

blade and spark are by far the best champs right now. However, do not compare to 11.x champs.
  • Options
    BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    Grimmbear wrote: »
    Are you kidding? Blade can't powerlock stunlock perma regen with 80k l2s like SW did. He can't 500k+ l3 like thor did. He can't slice through every node on every map like DS did with his pb regen amd damage. He can't reduce every champs abilities down to 0 with no synergies lile Bw did. You are absolutely wrong if you think Blade is better than those first 2. He's not even close. He barely sniffs the leg of Strange.

This sums up the entire thing. And Incase you don’t believe how the descriptions, here’s proof of Thor being just as broken as they said https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LWO3VpEbVJU
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Ya blade is basically unusable trash compared to pre 12.0 switch
  • Options
    In war. Use a current scenario. Not some random RoL WS slashing by Thor. Hats irrelevant and doesn’t matter. What fight. In war. Can blade not handle? What node and champ combination can blade not take down.

I’ll give you multiple scenarios that the “old gods” struggled with in war.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    You guys are trippin lol. All you had to do to stop Thor was make a line of electros lol.

All you had to do to stop SW was make a line of CW BP lol

DS? Heal block aboms lol
    And as for Thor hitting for 200000000. Great. How many times did that change a war outcome? Never.

You don't a 5/65 sig 160 scarlet witch could EASILY solo a 5/65 dorm boss? He would never have any power and your SP2 would prob crit for like 100k
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    danielmath wrote: »
    You guys are trippin lol. All you had to do to stop Thor was make a line of electros lol.

All you had to do to stop SW was make a line of CW BP lol

DS? Heal block aboms lol
    And as for Thor hitting for 200000000. Great. How many times did that change a war outcome? Never.

You don't a 5/65 sig 160 scarlet witch could EASILY solo a 5/65 dorm boss? He would never have any power and your SP2 would prob crit for like 100k

I solo dorms with magik. How is this relevant?! Lol

The question at hand is. What does blade struggle against. Can anyone answer it?
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Watch him try to fight heroes in LOL. You are either trolling or you actually thought there needed to be another Blade is too good post. Boring either way.
  • Options
    You asked what does Blade struggle against. Also it's nonsense to say that War is the hardest content in the game. If you think that Blade is anything like pre 12.0 SW you're incapable of having a reasonable discussion about the game anyway lol
  • Options
    You asked what does Blade struggle against. Also it's nonsense to say that War is the hardest content in the game. If you think that Blade is anything like pre 12.0 SW you're incapable of having a reasonable discussion about the game anyway lol

You’re right. I should have emphasized this was in reference to war. Not the mediocre walk thru content that we face otherwise.

How well wwould SW have done in the Black Panther event? CW BP boss that’s bleeds you thru block?

Cuz I know blade would walk thru it
  • Options
    Dr_ARCHerDr_ARCHer Posts: 125
    There are no 5* DS, Thor or SW, so comparing them to a 5* Blade is not meaningful. Perhaps you should compare a 4* Blade with the pre-nerfed 4* versions of DS/Thor/SW. Most people will agree that DS/Thor/SW are more powerful.
  • Options
    Dr_ARCHer wrote: »
    There are no 5* DS, Thor or SW, so comparing them to a 5* Blade is not meaningful. Perhaps you should compare a 4* Blade with the pre-nerfed 4* versions of DS/Thor/SW. Most people will agree that DS/Thor/SW are more powerful.

More true words have never been spoken. But most people aren’t in t3 and above. So most people opinions don’t matter all that much.

This games a business. Making the game easier for sheep will likely result in the whales not spending.

That’s what it’s all about in the end. Who cares how big your base is. When your base doesn’t spend $5/year.

Learn. To. Play.

Don’t beg for easy content.
  • Options
    DJRipsterDJRipster Posts: 169
    The question at hand is. What does blade struggle against. Can anyone answer it?

Seen some high skilled Blade players struggle hard against Cable on AW, on the buffet node
  • Options
    BobomanBoboman Posts: 716 ★★
    5kiqigyfgbth.gif

So true
  • Options

You’re right. I should have emphasized this was in reference to war. Not the mediocre walk thru content that we face otherwise.

How well wwould SW have done in the Black Panther event? CW BP boss that’s bleeds you thru block?

I used my 4* SW to beat the Ming Na event which had nodes specifically designed to shut her down. She would've been just fine lol.
  • Options

I used my 4* SW to beat the Ming Na event which had nodes specifically designed to shut her down. She would've been just fine lol.

Oh dear Ming Na LoL. Cmon bro. Two types of people beat Ming Na. Those that used pots and those that didn’t loll

Which were you?
  • Options
    DJRipster wrote: »

Seen some high skilled Blade players struggle hard against Cable on AW, on the buffet node

Would you like me to tell you why they struggled?

It’s actually quite simple. Had they simply eaten the block damage. Refused to parry and use specials. They could hoard power and regen the whole fight.

But hey. Not everyone can see how easy that fight is.
  • Options
    FallencircusFallencircus Posts: 339 ★★★

It’s actually quite simple. Had they simply eaten the block damage. Refused to parry and use specials. They could hoard power and regen the whole fight.

And every matchup you mentioned with the pre 12.0 champs was the same. Thinking Electro would stop Thor or BPCW would stop SW. Even heal block Abom wouldn’t work that well against DS as you just have to avoid him until you get your SP2 and it is game over.
  • Options

And every matchup you mentioned with the pre 12.0 champs was the same. Thinking Electro would stop Thor or BPCW would stop SW. Even heal block Abom wouldn’t work that well against DS as you just have to avoid him until you get your SP2 and it is game over.

DS is the weakest case for sure. But if you and used Thor, SW in those days. You hated seeing a CW BP or an electro. It was hard. You had to play well.

I don’t wanna be dismissive. But if you aren’t in the top 3 tiers of war you won’t hnserstand how how blade has destroyed the entire aspect of the game for us. It’s fken terrible lol. No one ever KOs unless they fall asleep lol. Does that sound like a fun game?