**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Chat Spammers [Merged Threads]

KingofENGKingofENG Posts: 127
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Is anything being done to stop all these spam messages on in game chat about free stuff on a website?
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• Hi Yakuzathug! When reporting these issues to our Support Team please remember that due to our privacy policy, we will be unable to provide details to you regarding the result of the investigation. Please include the following when submitting a ticket.

Screenshots of the violation against our ToS
    Name of the player/Alliance reported
    Date and Time
    The nature of the offense

• AKTEKAKTEK Posts: 308 ★★
    U r true many spamming messages in global
  • IAmNotUrMomIAmNotUrMom Posts: 648 ★★★
    Yakuzathug wrote: »
    Kabam Ahab wrote: »
    Hi Yakuzathug! When reporting these issues to our Support Team please remember that due to our privacy policy, we will be unable to provide details to you regarding the result of the investigation. Please include the following when submitting a ticket.

Screenshots of the violation against our ToS
    Name of the player/Alliance reported
    Date and Time
    The nature of the offense

Okay, But there are like 50 players that spam the chat. its become really hard for me to recruit!

Recruiting in global is hit or miss (mainly miss in my opinion). You should try recruiting from the forums or from a medium like Line app.
  • DrVD99DrVD99 Posts: 71
    Most of the spammer bots are new accounts with fake unit offers. Can Kabam introduce an entry level 20 to use global to stop some spammers?
  • beyonder8421beyonder8421 Posts: 881 ★★★
    DrVD99 wrote: »
    Most of the spammer bots are new accounts with fake unit offers. Can Kabam introduce an entry level 20 to use global to stop some spammers?

You would be punishing the 80% of the people that use the global chat.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    wow sadly to hear it got worse.
    this is the reason why I didn't bother to read the global chat anymore for the past 1 yr
    shame that not only it didn't get handled/improved, it actually got worse ...
  • Kabam LyraKabam Lyra Posts: 2,936 ★★★
    Hi!

If you see anyone spamming chat in The Contest, please report them by clicking on their avatar and choosing "Report User." Also, keep in mind if you see anyone saying you can get free units by going to a website or downloading a separate app, this is not legitimate. The only way you can get Units is through the in-game store. Thanks!
  • Dr_BrownDr_Brown Posts: 225
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi!

If you see anyone spamming chat in The Contest, please report them by clicking on their avatar and choosing "Report User." Also, keep in mind if you see anyone saying you can get free units by going to a website or downloading a separate app, this is not legitimate. The only way you can get Units is through the in-game store. Thanks!

Im sure that a majority of players do this and then end up muting but it doesnt actually solve the problem do you think in one of the next few updates you could create a feature that doesnt allow you to send the exact same message in a short period of time in global chat and possibly fix the censors sometimes it happens when words are too close together and whatnot and i feel like the community would like this change because it would cause spammers to have to do spam somewhere else or actually play the game
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    i need the link to one of those unit dealers
  • cx23433cx23433 Posts: 465 ★★
    i'm
    joking
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    What if you decide to purchase their services but then turn around and give them a bad yelp review? That'll show em!
  • L0ckJawL0ckJaw Posts: 37
    Hello, when I’m on global chat people named System spam the global chat with links to free units.

1. Am I allowed to do it, or is it hacking?
    2. Once I block them more keep spamming and it’s hard to find alliance like that

Thanks in advance

LockJaw
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    1) Don't do it.
    2) Turn off Global Chat
    3) Find an alliance via these forums.
  • L0ckJawL0ckJaw Posts: 37
    Kabam Lyra wrote: »
    Hi!

If you see anyone spamming the global chat, please report them by clicking on their portrait and choosing "Report User." Don't visit any link to a website advertising free Units, as these are not legitimate. The only way to get Units is through in-game means.

Ok, thank you!
  • AgentDoom9AgentDoom9 Posts: 263 ★★
    You guys must be in a rough global chat because mine never has any spammers at all. There is the occasional spammer just being immature or telling the ladies to hit him up, but never any free unit spammers.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,008 ★★★★
    Global chat isn’t really global, its area specific, ours is New Zealand and Australia
  • Dr_BrownDr_Brown Posts: 225
    @Speeds80 i figured that because on Clash of Clans it actually is global not just US based or whatever