**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Solving Blade problem without nerfing him

KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Have you faced a stacked 5* Rank 5 Sig 200 with MD Magik in AW? The Limbo ticks alone will kill your R4 5* attackers without being hit no matter what you do. Blade brings a needed counter to that.

For villains and other champions to balance Danger Sense add a hashtag unique to Blade like “Vampire” then add AW nodes that “When a non mystic defender is used, this node Disables Vampire passive abilities”.

Problem solved, balance preserved, no unfairness done to people who put effort into getting Blade.

Comments

• Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Why you wanna discriminate against blade like that?
  • KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Not asking for Blade nerf, I personallly spent to get him. Just asking for more creativity in the AW nodes to force people to bring diversified attackers. Like add Villain power nodes that apply to both defender and attacker. Many examples could be added so you don’t see 10 players with Blade on their attack team.
  • AryanNoobAryanNoob Posts: 51
    Nerfing is not the solution. Counters are the solution.

Remember Mordo? How many people were annoyed by him? They created iceman,who countered him. This needs to happen with blade too. Make an counter defender.
  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    “Problem”
    edited March 2018
    AryanNoob wrote: »

Remember Mordo? How many people were annoyed by him? They created iceman,who countered him. This needs to happen with blade too. Make an counter defender.

There are counter defenders already like Cable but that’s not enough since Blade comes with his 2 buddies Stark and GR.

Adding 10-15 nodes that nullify/ counter his danger sense against none mystics or villains would force the attacking alliance to diversify their attack.

There are counter defenders already like Cable but that’s not enough since Blade comes with his 2 buddies Stark and GR.

Adding 10-15 nodes that nullify/ counter his danger sense against none mystics or villains would force the attacking alliance to diversify their attack.

Or just suggest Kabam awards diversity attack points too, points for each unique attacker per BG.

Or just suggest Kabam awards diversity attack points too, points for each unique attacker per BG.

Attacker pools are limited this would cause some problems. People with Blade though typically have a bigger pool.
  • RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    Cliffs:
    -“I’m not asking for a nerf. I’m just suggesting a nerf.”

Creating nodes to counter OP champs is not a new idea. SW, Thor, and DS already had nodes created to blunt their OPness, which didn’t even work in the end.

Since blade is nothing compared to them — and probably isn’t even the best champ in the trinity— don’t count on nodes being created for him.

And we can bring whoever we want on attack. 3 great champs that *all* (not just blade) become stronger when used together vs. 3 OP god champs that, when used together, you literally couldn’t damage with a 10 million attack rating if they blocked = blatant false equivalency.

Kabam didn’t have a problem with everyone using DS/SW/Thor. They had a problem with WHY everyone used them. 56 million rating maestro? Just hold block bro.

Then they had to create flat values bc those champs were so OP they broke the game and made it impossible for the developers to create future content.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Guarantee there are solid defenders being designed to counter him. Sabertooth looks like a decent counter already. Remember how OP Mephisto was when he was first introduced...not so much now. It's just a big circle.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    What Blade problem?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »
    Guarantee there are solid defenders being designed to counter him. Sabertooth looks like a decent counter already. Remember how OP Mephisto was when he was first introduced...not so much now. It's just a big circle.

Remember when Bobby landed?
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Add a node effect to AW bosses that nullify synergy effects. Problem solved.
  • tutyimutyitutyimutyi Posts: 326
    There is no unfairness and there is no problem with blade.he can counter few aw defenders.iceman can counter a lots of aw defenders too....
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

You know how some alliances still ignore diversity and place best defender? All that would happen is people with blade use him anyway. His usefulness and how many points he saves them would be better than the points gained from diversity.

You know how some alliances still ignore diversity and place best defender? All that would happen is people with blade use him anyway. His usefulness and how many points he saves them would be better than the points gained from diversity.

Probably. But still a better solution than adding anti-blade node all over the map like I replied to. But the very top is 150 diverse at this point so they would have to adopt diverse attack to keep winning.
  • StanLeeStanLee Posts: 9
    nah.. its typical kabam.... soon blade is not fav champ anymore...

Probably. But still a better solution than adding anti-blade node all over the map like I replied to. But the very top is 150 diverse at this point so they would have to adopt diverse attack to keep winning.

No they wouldn’t. They would lose on attack bonus. I already explained this the last time attacker diversity was suggested.

Short of kabam creating attacker diversity and making it worth more than attack bonus, there is literally nothing that will stop alliances from using the best attackers, as it should be.
    Nerfed2Def wrote: »
    What if you placed defenders that gave Blade problems? Oh that was easy. Adjust

Nice idea, in fact I decided to follow your advice. I took my collosus 5*, unstoppable collosus 4*, cable 4*, groot 5* and beast 4* into alliance war defence and I thought “Blade owners, take a shot at this”.

Unfortunately almost everyone who has Blade takes spark and ghost rider as well. Spark destroys collosus, cable and beast, ghost rider destroys UC and Groot.

Oh. I guess that wasn’t so easy. I guess I’ll try to adjust?

Nice idea, in fact I decided to follow your advice. I took my collosus 5*, unstoppable collosus 4*, cable 4*, groot 5* and beast 4* into alliance war defence and I thought “Blade owners, take a shot at this”.

Unfortunately almost everyone who has Blade takes spark and ghost rider as well. Spark destroys collosus, cable and beast, ghost rider destroys UC and Groot.

So nerf spark and ghost rider too?

You realize that if you took away their little synergy and just brought spark, blade, GR separately, they would still destroy all those champs?

Rektor wrote: »

You realize that if you took away their little synergy and just brought spark, blade, GR separately, they would still destroy all those champs?

I think you misunderstood me. I was just pointing out how Nerfed2def (ironic) was wrong about bringing defenders who pose problems to Blade will solve that “problem” everyone who loved mystic wars seems to think there is.

I don’t think anyone should be nerfed.

I think you misunderstood me. I was just pointing out how Nerfed2def (ironic) was wrong about bringing defenders who pose problems to Blade will solve that “problem” everyone who loved mystic wars seems to think there is.

Yea my post was more of a general PSA and not for you specifically.. nothing would change without that synergy. Spark would be the same after 5 seconds when he gets his 3 poise. Danger sense is plenty strong without +45% potency. They would still be a great team when used to their strengths.

Spark is already the better champ with the synergy, and would prove it viciously against all your defenses without it.

Yea my post was more of a general PSA and not for you specifically.. nothing would change without that synergy. Spark would be the same after 5 seconds when he gets his 3 poise. Danger sense is plenty strong without +45% potency. They would still be a great team when used to their strengths.

Spark is already the better champ with the synergy, and would prove it viciously against all your defenses without it.

Fair enough, just looked like it was directed at me. The synergy helps for sure, but it doesn’t make Blade the counter that he is.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Only op thing about blade is his prestige