**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is courage a good mastery?

Hey guys i looked at some pro Mastery builds but most or all of them dont have courage i used to think it was good so is it a good mastery? if its not care to explain why?

Comments

• Options
    DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Probably if you use suicide masteries (liquid courage, glass cannon, ect). Other than that, its a great prestige boost.
  • Options
    Player1994Player1994 Posts: 793 ★★★
    @mooolinesmc don't you do it it's a **** mostly in AQ map 5 with health block you will be safring from super health loss you will be dead by some 5 to 6 fights maybe if u have the right immune champions you could survive but i think it's only good to end arena match quiqly
  • Options
    Vdh2008Vdh2008 Posts: 966 ★★★★
    I believe the OP is asking about COURAGE not LIQUID COURAGE.

Courage is a great mastery for long quests and AQ. Big attack boost when you're under 50% health, which can be pretty much the entire 3rd leg of AQ on Day 4,5... LOL.

I have it at 2/3, as points are better spent on Deep Wounds and Assassin, but I does make a difference.

And if you have a HULK he becomes even better.
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    I think Courage is one of the best masteries available.

It is MUCH more effective than Pierce in the current iteration of the game.
  • Options
    weavileweavile Posts: 288
    someone said that Courage only work when you start with more than 50% health and then it drop down, it does not boost attack when you start with less than 50%
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    weavile wrote: »
    someone said that Courage only work when you start with more than 50% health and then it drop down, it does not boost attack when you start with less than 50%

I thought they had fixed it a while back but could be wrong. The language says "while less than 50%" so that would indicate anytime...but can we get a mod to confirm this?
  • Options
    No_More_HeroesNo_More_Heroes Posts: 471 ★★
    I try and test it out when I get a chance.
  • Options
    DrOctavius2_2DrOctavius2_2 Posts: 432 ★★
    Would be great if it wasn't broken, doesn't seem to be working
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    I always have Courage maxed out. It is a staple mastery in all of my builds... most of the time in AQ, if for some reason I need to heal up, I usually make sure to heal up to around 50%. That 20% attack boost is to valuable to not utilize...
  • Options
    NMEONESNMEONES Posts: 260 ★★
    Also, if you run Hulk, it's an amazing pairing.
  • Options
    _solidsnake_solidsnake Posts: 133
    weavile wrote: »

BrianGrant did a video on this, it works both ways
  • Options
    KoperBoyKoperBoy Posts: 210 ★★
    NMEONES wrote: »
    I always have Courage maxed out. It is a staple mastery in all of my builds... most of the time in AQ, if for some reason I need to heal up, I usually make sure to heal up to around 50%. That 20% attack boost is to valuable to not utilize...

Champions who need a high attack to do bleed/poison/whatever can profit a lot from it. Rogue steals more life or power. As a couple of guys said, Hulk is even bigger monster. Any bleeder is better. What about duped gwenpool...power boost and sp3 protection!
    A friend of mine who is very skilled (usually no items in AW Tier 1 with boss kill) has maxed out courage. I'm tempted to do the same. Imagine Starlord in LOL with 20% attack boost...