**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

breakdown of the last 30 featured champs

I went back and looked at the champ spotlights on the blog:

Crossbones, Skill (May 12th)
Black Panther CW, Skill (May 26th)
Falcon, Skill (June 9th)
Civil Warrior, Tech (June 30th)
Nightcrawler, Mutant (July 7th)
Beast, Mutant (July 21st)
Loki, Mystic (August 4th)
Gambit, Mutant (August 18th)
Karnak, Skill (September 1st)
Rogue, Mutant (September 15th)
Quake, Science (September 29th)
Phoenix, Cosmic (October 13th)
Ghost Rider, Mystic (October 27th)
Mordo, Mystic (November 10th)
Dr Voodoo, Mystic (November 24th)
Hyperion, Cosmic (December 8th)
Howard, Tech (December 22nd)
Gwenpool, Skill (January 5th)
Cable, Mutant (January 19th)
Hood, Mystic (February 2nd)
Dormammu, Mystic (February 16th)
Archangel, Mutant (March 2nd)
Psylocke, Mutant (March 16th)
Iceman, Mutant (March 30th)
Angela, Cosmic (April 13th)
King Groot, Cosmic (April 27th)
Nebula, Tech (May 11th)
Yondu, Tech (May 25th)
Carnage, Cosmic (June 8th)
Punisher 2099, Tech

The last 30 featured champs look like this:
Mutant: 8
Skill: 5
Science: 1
Mystic: 6
Cosmic: 5
Tech: 5

Heavy on Mutant, light on Science. Also the last Science champ was 8 months ago.

I do a lot of recruiting and there are lots of people who have a science awakening gem that have been waiting a long time for the next feature, myself included.

When is the next Science featured champ?

Comments

• Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    Another way to look at this is the total number of champs in each class (these numbers include the hard to get ones like OG Vision, Thanos, red Deadpool, etc.):

19 Cosmic
    14 Tech
    19 Mutant
    15 Skill
    16 Science
    15 Mystic

Science was the largest class for a long time. Even with only 1 science champ on your list, there are still more science champs than tech, skill, or mystic. I think your list was more an effort to balance the total champs out rather than release them on a balanced schedule.

Having said that, I bet Vulture will be science. The new Spiderman may be science too.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Well, they don't comment on content that's not released yet, usually. I have a feeling it may be within the next month or two.
  • Options
    spumingtonspumington Posts: 350 ★★
    I would have thought vulture is tech. Although I'd have said that about Ant man, YJ and falcon too

He could be tech. The new Spiderman could be tech too (since in the trailer, Tony Stark develops his suit). We'll see. My money is on science for Vulture.
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    spumington wrote: »
    I would have thought vulture is tech. Although I'd have said that about Ant man, YJ and falcon too

He could be tech. The new Spiderman could be tech too (since in the trailer, Tony Stark develops his suit). We'll see. My money is on science for Vulture.

Well I don't mind for either of them, got 3 t4c tech and science so I'm all set in case I get one of them ;)
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    mutamatt wrote: »
    my luck says they will both be tech

Not necessarily. We just had two Tech Champs, and another this month. Usually it comes from where the majority of a Champ's power comes from. ;)
  • Options
    RehctansBewRehctansBew Posts: 442 ★★★
    Ant-man and YJ make sense as Science as it a formula that allows them to shrink. Vulture will most likely be a tech as it's a suit from the new spiderman. The new spiderman will be the next science and it wouldn't surprise me if Red skull gets released as a new science down the road.
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Spider-Man and Vulture in July will probably both be tech, while Dr. Octopus and Green Goblin in August will probably both be science
  • Options
    AxeCopFire wrote: »
    Spider-Man and Vulture in July will probably both be tech, while Dr. Octopus and Green Goblin in August will probably both be science

i was hoping for oc and gg to be June, like how there was a minor gotg tie in before the main movie content hit. Ill take august though.

i do agree on vulture and spidey being tech, especially with the apparently strong role IM plays in the movie
  • Options
    Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    I feel like Doc Oct will probably be tech. Though honestly I'm one of those guys that has science gems stashed away, so I hope he's science. Metal tentacle arms just sounds techy to me though.
  • Options
    AxeCopFireAxeCopFire Posts: 1,115 ★★★
    Yes, he is very techy, but an accident caused the metal arms to fuse to his nervous system and usually the guys that were created by some kind of "experimental accident" end up being science champs