Switching Phones - Transferring Game Progress?

Hi all,

I'm about to switch iPhones for the first time since I started playing the game. Do I need to worry about a special method of transferring my game progress? Or if I just do a standard iPhone Back Up, does that preserve the data necessary to reload my game?

Comments

• Firelord_OzaiFirelord_Ozai Member Posts: 42
    Make a Kabam account
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Member Posts: 1,013 ★★★
    All I ever had to do was sign into my Google account on my new phone and download the game and it would ask me if I want to start new or continue my old game. But that's Android.
  • Bane621Bane621 Member Posts: 4
    I have one...and then do what?
  • Firelord_OzaiFirelord_Ozai Member Posts: 42
    You just sign in on the new phone with your Kabam account
  • Warofgods13514Warofgods13514 Member Posts: 202
    I just made a backup on the old IPad and loaded it on my new Ipad without having to sign in to my Kabam account.
  • Kabam ZibiitKabam Zibiit Administrator Posts: 7,033
    Hi @Bane621, we actually have an article that'll walk you through the process of transferring your account progress to a new device that can be found here. Oh, and a quick shout-out to those who have already offered advice on how to start the process!
  • Bane621Bane621 Member Posts: 4
    thanks everyone!
  • SchpideySchpidey Member Posts: 2
    Hey Guys. I have a question. Say I had an Apple Phone and i play COC on that. If i switched to Android, would i be able to transfer my data with my Kabam ID?
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Member Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Schpidey said:

Hey Guys. I have a question. Say I had an Apple Phone and i play COC on that. If i switched to Android, would i be able to transfer my data with my Kabam ID?

yes you should be able to
  • FineDogFineDog Member Posts: 403 ★★★
    Schpidey said:

Yes if you use a Kabam account to log in instead of a Google or Apple account. I have an iPhone for work and an Android for personal use and I regularly switch between them to play on the same account.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,302 Guardian
    FineDog said:

Schpidey said:

Yes if you use a Kabam account to log in instead of a Google or Apple account. I have an iPhone for work and an Android for personal use and I regularly switch between them to play on the same account.
    Just to amplify, game progress is not stored on the device, it is all on the game servers. So there's no real "transfer of data" involved. All you need to get to your game account is a device that supports the game, and a valid Kabam ID and password to log in. So switching to a new phone is no different than players like @FineDog playing on multiple devices. There's nothing special to do. The only thing players need to know, especially if they've only every played on one device, is the requirement to have a Kabam ID and password to log into the account, which is something you don't technically have to create, but I always recommend players to make. It is how you get to your account if you lose your phone or upgrade, or any of a number of problems arise with your account.

For all intents and purposes, accessing your MCOC account from another device is no different from accessing your Amazon account from another device. You just need to have your login details to do so. If you've configured your device to memorize those login details so you don't have to type them in every time, you need to remember that you still need that information if you try to access your account somewhere else.
  • FineDogFineDog Member Posts: 403 ★★★
    edited January 2021
    DNA3000 said:

FineDog said:

Schpidey said:

The only thing players need to know, especially if they've only every played on one device, is the requirement to have a Kabam ID and password to log into the account, which is something you don't technically have to create, but I always recommend players to make. It is how you get to your account if you lose your phone or upgrade, or any of a number of problems arise with your account.
    Plus you get a 2* crystal or something when you create your Kabam account!