Who can ARMOR BREAK & has BLEED or POISON immunity to face SENTINEL in bleed or poison paths?

shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Need to start considering how to bring that has Armor Break AND are Bleed or Poison Immune. I know most Armor Break & Poison Immunity comes from the cosmic family. I know King Groot has armor break and is bleed immune. I know purple Sentinel himself has double immunity (robotics) and can armor break. I couldn't recall anyone else, but I believe there could be more.

Champs that has Armor Break + Bleed Immunity =
1) King Groot?
2)
3)
4)
5)

Champs that has Armor Break + Poison Immunity =
1) Hyperion?
2) Medusa?
3) Black Bolt?
4) Ronan?
5)

Champs that has Armor Break + Bleed + Poison Double Immunity =
1) Sentinel himself?
2)
3)
4)
5)

I think replacing with sentinel is a [edited by moderator] move, but I believe very soon the experienced community will find a good way to get past that purple [edited by moderator] soon.

oaqo8lvmxcjt.png
Post edited by Kabam Zibiit on
«1

Comments

  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    smzbtuqomjn7.jpg

    I think u have listed them all out.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    I think u have listed them all out.

    Then I'm doomed. In the future I may no longer be able to take the poison or bleed path.
    I normally bring 1 ultron or 1 Vision AuO (and in rare cases, Dormammu or Iceman) to AQ for poison or bleed path.
  • xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    I'm not sure how I'm gonna change my team yet till we try it out next month. Currently using Voodoo, Rogue and Starlord. @shchong2
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    You don’t need to have an armour break champ. Of course it helps but it’s not essential.
  • I believe you know the answer already. What's the need for this thread then?
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    shchong2 wrote: »
    You don’t need to have an armour break champ. Of course it helps but it’s not essential.

    It is also true that we don't need bleed or poison immune champs to take those bleed/poison path, but that's not the point of this posts. Thanks though for your comment.
    But your question has been answered. What else is there to know?

    You’ve also said yourself that you’re doomed, so that kinda implies you feel that immunity + armour break is essential for you.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I believe you know the answer already. What's the need for this thread then?

    I don't know all the answers, maybe my list missed out someone. That's why I'm listing down 1/2/3/4/5 to fill in.
    Honestly, if you have no constructive help, it is okay if you do NOT comment, thanks :)
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Why do you need armor break to beat sentinel? He’s not a hard champ to fight against if you know how to reduce his analysis charges

    You are right, one good way is to reduce his analysis charges. Sadly I'm not as skillful as you or many other experts. Maybe 90% of Mcoc players are extremely skillful, but maybe I'm the 10% who's not skillful, so better way is for me to at least bring a counter champion so I won't need to waste too much revive or potion, and still able to bring my champs all the way till Tier 3 or even final Boss. Certainly hate to loose all my champ to these minions and not able to help my teammates in the last tier.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Why do you need armor break to beat sentinel? He’s not a hard champ to fight against if you know how to reduce his analysis charges

    You are right, one good way is to reduce his analysis charges. Sadly I'm not as skillful as you or many other experts. Maybe 90% of Mcoc players are extremely skillful, but maybe I'm the 10% who's not skillful, so better way is for me to at least bring a counter champion so I won't need to waste too much revive or potion, and still able to bring my champs all the way till Tier 3 or even final Boss. Certainly hate to loose all my champ to these minions and not able to help my teammates in the last tier.

    Honestly to prevent analysis just don't use 5 hit combos. MLM then just dodge block or parry and repeat. It's all about not doing the same action twice in a row which is easy to do even at a low skill level.
    Also with sentinel class matchup is just as important as armour break because if his passive.

    He gains up to x% more attack well you lose x% amount attack up over y amount of time. Unless you have class advantage

    Thanks to you @Patchie93 and @MikeHock constructively pointed out :) Hyperion and Medusa will be good class advantage (assuming they don't create special breed of sentinel that can also manifest mystic/science/skill/etc characteristics).

    Sadly, I don't have both of them as 4* or 5* highly ranked. Maybe I can consider ranking up my 4* Black Bolt :p Maybe I shall also give my 4* King Groot a consideration :D

    I hope I can get used to interchanging MLM and MLL in the future when fighting this dude.
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 365 ★★★
    Doesn’t Nebula have the ability to completely eliminate the abilities of robots?
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Patchie93 wrote: »
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Why do you need armor break to beat sentinel? He’s not a hard champ to fight against if you know how to reduce his analysis charges

    You are right, one good way is to reduce his analysis charges. Sadly I'm not as skillful as you or many other experts. Maybe 90% of Mcoc players are extremely skillful, but maybe I'm the 10% who's not skillful, so better way is for me to at least bring a counter champion so I won't need to waste too much revive or potion, and still able to bring my champs all the way till Tier 3 or even final Boss. Certainly hate to loose all my champ to these minions and not able to help my teammates in the last tier.

    Honestly to prevent analysis just don't use 5 hit combos. MLM then just dodge block or parry and repeat. It's all about not doing the same action twice in a row which is easy to do even at a low skill level.
    Also with sentinel class matchup is just as important as armour break because if his passive.

    He gains up to x% more attack well you lose x% amount attack up over y amount of time. Unless you have class advantage

    Thanks to you @Patchie93 and @MikeHock constructively pointed out :) Hyperion and Medusa will be good class advantage (assuming they don't create special breed of sentinel that can also manifest mystic/science/skill/etc characteristics).

    Sadly, I don't have both of them as 4* or 5* highly ranked. Maybe I can consider ranking up my 4* Black Bolt :p Maybe I shall also give my 4* King Groot a consideration :D

    I hope I can get used to interchanging MLM and MLL in the future when fighting this dude.

    Everybody is crazy thinking that the "Sentinel" is gonna be "The Sentinel" but its not, they are gonna be the ones we saw in this months EQ aka Sentineloids, so they wont be even getting those analyze charges as fast as the normal sentinel and wont have their L3 active etc.
  • StewmanStewman Posts: 731 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    edited omitted
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    edited March 2018
    6avcsy0x5524.jpg

    Sentineloids are the ones who kinda look forward in the picture and Sentinel is the one who has his head tilted in the picture, easy to regonize
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Jakearound wrote: »
    Doesn’t Nebula have the ability to completely eliminate the abilities of robots?

    @Jakearound, you are right! I played her once awhile, normally in arena, but didn't actually realized about "Ability Accuracy of Robots is reduced by 20% per active Electroshock Charge". I could have read it but didn't "internalized" this specific ability and didn't make good use of this ability in particular.

    qvyng0npegx4.png

    Good news for me that I have her as 5* undupped, and 4* dupped, maybe time to consider bring her to R3/35 for 5*, and R5/50 for 4* ... but I'm NOT good in building up her charges. I think I normally accumulated only upto 2~3 charges, based on my Arena fights (most fights are short fights).
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited March 2018
    Sentineloids are the ones who kinda look forward in the picture and Sentinel is the one who has his head tilted in the picture, easy to regonize

    @Greenstroke, thanks, Yea, I was actually commenting on another thread earlier this morning, wondering if:-
    1) Sentineloids can be any classes, unlike Sentinel being only Tech
    2) Sentineloids may behave differently from Sentinel, in the case you pointed out, "they wont be even getting those analyze charges as fast as the normal sentinel and wont have their L3 active etc", which I presume is a good thing for us? .... hopefully so :)
  • GreenstrokeGreenstroke Posts: 291
    shchong2 wrote: »
    Sentineloids are the ones who kinda look forward in the picture and Sentinel is the one who has his head tilted in the picture, easy to regonize

    @Greenstroke, thanks, Yea, I was actually commenting on another thread earlier this morning, wondering if:-
    1) Sentineloids can be any classes, unlike Sentinel being only Tech
    2) Sentineloids may behave differently from Sentinel, in the case you pointed out, "they wont be even getting those analyze charges as fast as the normal sentinel and wont have their L3 active etc", which I presume is a good thing for us? .... hopefully so :)

    Yeah its a good thing for us, only downside about those sentinels is that they are poison/bleed immune, but x23 will slice through them anyway + i dont have any problems on evading their L1 or L2, only thing im not exited about is the miniboss changes in map 5
  • ShrimkinsShrimkins Posts: 1,479 ★★★★
    I think your list pretty much covers it. As others have mentioned, I think class advantage/disadvantage are going to be much more important now.

    I'm interested to see what will happen to my hyperion on the poison path with that mystic sentinel. Or people using ghost rider on the bleed path against the science sentinel.

    There is also a mystic sentinel on the bleed path so king groot may struggle there as well.

    Seems to me like the best option is nebula. She can stop those analyze charges and won't have a class disadvantage on either path. She can also shock which can be an effective way to deal extra damage.
  • ImranImran Posts: 537 ★★★
    edited March 2018
    If he hold his l1 for l2, u also need a incinerate immune champ as even blocking his l2 cause incinerate and iceman has this all immunity. But, u didn't even mention iceman!
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,461 ★★★★
    If you want to counter sentinel then don’t do 5 hit combos. He gains charges based on consecutive actions that are the same such as doing two light attacks in a row. He’s not a tough champs to play against
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 12,329 Guardian
    shchong2 wrote: »
    I think u have listed them all out.

    Then I'm doomed. In the future I may no longer be able to take the poison or bleed path.
    I normally bring 1 ultron or 1 Vision AuO (and in rare cases, Dormammu or Iceman) to AQ for poison or bleed path.

    If I recall correctly Vision's power burn does direct damage. Doesn't direct damage ignore Armor?
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    shchong2 wrote: »
    I think u have listed them all out.

    Then I'm doomed. In the future I may no longer be able to take the poison or bleed path.
    I normally bring 1 ultron or 1 Vision AuO (and in rare cases, Dormammu or Iceman) to AQ for poison or bleed path.

    If I recall correctly Vision's power burn does direct damage. Doesn't direct damage ignore Armor?

    @DNA3000, Excellet point, indeed his SP1/SP2/SP3 all inflict DIRECT DAMAGE, which "Ignores all Armor, Beneficial Effects, or Detrimental Effects". I always thought only his SP3 does that, and I seldom use his SP3. But after you mentioned, I recalled all SP1/2/3 do that.

    I normally focus on using his SP2 for heal block and power burn, but looks like even without Armor Break, Vision AuO's Direct Damage can at least achieve SIMILAR effect!

    Thank you very much! I'm glad I asked, and I'm glad I learnt something I overlooked (can't memorize every single details). Glad to see folks are still very positive and constructive in answering (except for a few "notorious one" which has a long nasty history in this forum).

    Of course, skills and practice to fight against SEntinel/Sentineloids is still important, as pointed out by @Patchie93 and @Deadbyrd9, since if I can bring a counter champ, I will have better advantage on my side to begin with (goal is to avoid loosing too much health, avoid spending too much on potion & revive, and to be able to help my team mates at last tier and at final boss).

    Thanks!!! :)
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,461 ★★★★
    You’re welcome man! Glad to give you a couple pointers. Great place to practice on them in the event quest before they are added to aq
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 12,329 Guardian
    shchong2 wrote: »
    can't memorize every single details

    I'm not quite there yet either. There's quite a bit to the game mechanics that is easy to escape attention. IMO part of the fun of the game is learning the rich but often obscure effects in the game.
Sign In or Register to comment.