**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Rogue Counters Spiked Armor!

taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
I have always been a fan of Rogue, and she is my favorite character to use when it comes to difficult questing. Just now as I was exploring act 5.3 I discovered that she can counter spiked armor when used properly. It does require a bit of skill, but how it works is when Rogue uses her sp1 when the opponent has the physical resistance buff from spiked armor, she steals all the stacks of physical resistance. At first you would think this is kind of useless, Rogue gets a bit of increased physical resistance for like 2 seconds. But then I discovered that while she holds the buffs, spiked armor will not reflect damage back to Rogue. So, if you have the skill to keep Rogue's timer going, you can effectively prevent yourself from that annoying chip damage. Couple this with Rogue's life steal, power control, and debuff resistance, and you have a great questing champ. So underrated

ps Another node that Rogue is a surprisingly good counter to is buffet: if you manage to steal a buff, it gets removed by buffet...and then Rogue somehow steals the node regeneration instead

I'm interested to hear if anyone else knows obscure secrets like this, i feel like these days the only thing on the forums is people complaining about the game and not taking the time to discuss actual strategies

Comments

• Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    This is really helpful...or it will be if I can manage to get Rogue!
  • Lt_Magnum_1Lt_Magnum_1 Posts: 639 ★★
    CB is another Spiked Armor counter (he never crits).
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    @Lt_Magnum_1 yep, i used him for most of the fights, just finished the spiked armor path 5.3.4
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    taojay1 wrote: »
    I have always been a fan of Rogue, and she is my favorite character to use when it comes to difficult questing. Just now as I was exploring act 5.3 I discovered that she can counter spiked armor when used properly. It does require a bit of skill, but how it works is when Rogue uses her sp1 when the opponent has the physical resistance buff from spiked armor, she steals all the stacks of physical resistance. At first you would think this is kind of useless, Rogue gets a bit of increased physical resistance for like 2 seconds. But then I discovered that while she holds the buffs, spiked armor will not reflect damage back to Rogue. So, if you have the skill to keep Rogue's timer going, you can effectively prevent yourself from that annoying chip damage. Couple this with Rogue's life steal, power control, and debuff resistance, and you have a great questing champ. So underrated

ps Another node that Rogue is a surprisingly good counter to is buffet: if you manage to steal a buff, it gets removed by buffet...and then Rogue somehow steals the node regeneration instead

I'm interested to hear if anyone else knows obscure secrets like this, i feel like these days the only thing on the forums is people complaining about the game and not taking the time to discuss actual strategies

@taojay1, Oh my oh my!!! ..... She is really good in sucking life and power isn't she? I can totally understand how can make you FEEL SO GOOD and she can TOTALLY MELTS you!!!! :):):) ehhmmmmm .... ...... haha, don't get me wrong, seriously, she steal life and power over, and she is a great champs that melts your heart in-game! (nothing dirty here haha :)

Joke aside, this is insightful, never really related Rogue with spiked armor nodes. I enjoyed having Rogue to suck the Regen buff over, to compliment her life steal. Not sure why, I always feel her life steal is not stealing enough (when comparing to Wolvy or GR's regen), and her power steal is not stealing enough (when comparing to Magik, Dormammu, Vision, etc's power control).

But as you correctly pointed out, to have the skill to keep Rogue's timer going and to always time it right to steal whenever physical resistance buff from spiked armor pop-up, takes alot of micro-managing and attention coupled with great skills.

Glad I read your post, new things to try in the future (my 5* Rogue undupped @ R2/35 now, may consider R3 her in the future, my 4* Rogue also undupped @ R3/30, may at most R4 her and focus on the 5* version).
  • weavileweavile Posts: 288
    @shchong2 Rouge need to be dupped to have huge life and power steal
  • Vinitlalka1988Vinitlalka1988 Posts: 269
    I have only 2 lanes left in 5.3 to explore and both of them are spiked armor...i was contemplating who to use since i dont hv crossbones.....This will definitely help me...Thank you kind Sir...Big Fan of Rogue and this just made me feel much more for her...
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    @weavile , that's right, I do have a 3* max out Rogue at Sig 99 which she has a 35% chance to CRIT her power/life steal, which I presume would double whatever she absorbed. However, I don't have a chance to "feel" how effective are this 35% actually proc in a real longer fight, since I mostly used this 3* version for arena, and due to the short & quick fight in nature, I don't even need to launch SP1/2 before the short fight ends.

I don't have any 5* awakening gem (even if I have, probably won't use it on Rogue), I do have a 4* generic awakening gem which I'm saving for other champs, okay to wait longer for Rogue to dup from crystal opening (it is an eventuality) and I'm not in rush to have her dup