**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Crossbones 25% chance to shrug off debuffs?

Crossbones has at most a 25% chance to shruff off debuffs. However whenever I face him in AQ Map 5 say, he shrugs off most debuffs. This happens all the time, it's not just one fight,.

The same can be said about GR's judgements. He has a 70-80% chance to land judgements (without the Blade synergy) & I find he frequently fails to land them. He lands them less often than CB shrugs off debuffs in AQ!

Are these percentages really accurate? I find it hard to believe that it's just constant bad RNG. Or going by my 5* pulls maybe it is :smile:

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    lozzadude wrote: »
    Crossbones has at most a 25% chance to shruff off debuffs. However whenever I face him in AQ Map 5 say, he shrugs off most debuffs. This happens all the time, it's not just one fight,.

The same can be said about GR's judgements. He has a 70-80% chance to land judgements (without the Blade synergy) & I find he frequently fails to land them. He lands them less often than CB shrugs off debuffs in AQ!

Are these percentages really accurate? I find it hard to believe that it's just constant bad RNG. Or going by my 5* pulls maybe it is :smile:

Well gr has a less chance of placing judgement on non villains but yes the rng is still ridiculous and works oddly in favor of the ai
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    “Enhanced Abilities”
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    “Enhanced Abilities”

Got evaded a full 5 hits from a stark spider above 50%. 20% enhances ability is 7% plus 2.25%

Even calling that 10% is from what I can calculate a 1 in 100,000 chance and multiple 2-3 Evade combos
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    CB doesn't really shrug off that many, he just also ignores some if he has fury buffs up (like parry).
    edited March 2018
    Mr_Otter wrote: »
    “Enhanced Abilities”

Got evaded a full 5 hits from a stark spider above 50%. 20% enhances ability is 7% plus 2.25%

Even calling that 10% is from what I can calculate a 1 in 100,000 chance and multiple 2-3 Evade combos

Many times, once one hit in a combo is evaded, the rest of them will be evaded as well by people like BW, SES, or even Ultron even though they have low chance to evade. Once an evasion happens, I'd stop swinging and wait for them to reset.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,541 ★★★★★
    They will all cry “RNG!”

But the engine that produces the RNG for this game for some reason produces a lot of clusters of the same results. Not saying that it is rigged, just that the randomness often “feels” not so much.

The advice above is sound: when you continue to get the same result (whether evades or same champ or whatever), best move is to adopt a new approach—stop the same attack sequence (or opening sequence) and let things percolate for a while.

Dr. Zola
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Wait till you fight LOL Maestro. You’ll love the “randomness” or RNG of his endless regeneration buff activating 3-4 out of every 5 attempts against your Star Lord. That’s on top of his random unstoppable and endless power gain buffs.
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    “Enhanced Abilities”

Many times, once one hit in a combo is evaded, the rest of them will be evaded as well by people like BW, SES, or even Ultron even though they have low chance to evade. Once an evasion happens, I'd stop swinging and wait for them to reset.

No I’ve recovered combos before after an evade
    KhanMedina wrote: »
    “Enhanced Abilities”

No I’ve recovered combos before after an evade

So have I. It still happens sometimes against the people I mentioned above though. It's not 100% but there are times that they evade multiple times even though they shouldn't according to their descriptions. Ultron should never evade back to back for instance, but he obviously has for me and others.