**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Expanding Class Bonus/Weakness

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
As of today, the Class Bonus/Weakness works like this:
  • The status effects of Cosmic Champions are effective at bypassing the resistances of Tech Champions.
  • Armor and Power Drain make Tech Champions effective against the high Special Damage of Mutant Champions.
  • Regenerative abilities common to Mutant Champions are effective against the Bleeding inflicted by Skill Champions.
  • Frequent Bleed damage from Skill Champions is effective against the high base attributes of Science Champions.
  • The high base attributes of Science Champions cannot be nullified or purged by Mystic Champions.
  • Many Mystic Champions are able to remove the status effects created by Cosmic Champions.

This means every Class has 1 Weakness, 1 Bonus and 4 Neutral classes.

But the rationale behind it is flawed. It isn't as simple as that. Other classes have the same advantages. Thus, I suggest expanding the system with an extra Bonus and Weakness:
  • The status effects of Cosmic Champions are effective at countering the high Special Damage of Mutant Champions.
  • The robotics of many Tech Champions provide immunity to the Bleeding inflicted by Skill Champions.
  • Bleeding and Regenerative abilities common to Mutant Champions can bypass the high base attributes of Science Champions.
  • Bleed damage of Skill Champions cannot be removed by Mystic Champions.
  • The damage-boosting abilities of Science Champions can overpower the status effects of Cosmic Champions.
  • Mystic Champions can neutralise or nullify the armor-boosting and repairing abilities of Tech Champions.

This means every Class have 2 Weaknesses, 2 Bonuses and 2 Neutral Classes.

I think granting a Class Bonus/Weakness to more classes will greatly benefit the game.

Comments

• I agree and I thank you for your thoughts
  • I’d say the main way it’s implemented is in lines of text in specific Champions’ abilities such as Domino being unable to make Tech champions unlucky while guaranteeing skill guaranteed to be unlucky.
    With the huge variance in champions’ abilities across classes they have diluted he main traits that classes used to have, for example making Ultron/Yondu’s bleeds bad against the class that they should be strong against.

Late game, class advantage doesn’t make much odds IMO. Even if you have class advantage in act 6, eating a combo is probably still going to kill you.

It would be interesting to see a change to how it’s worked but I think that the main way it comes across is certain effects not activating because of how the champion is written rather than broad themes of yesteryear