**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastery setup change impact in war placement

Can anyone confirm me if the mastery setup change impact once the placement is done in war? I know the PI is locked once the placement is done, but that really not confirms the matter. As i were told that boosts parishes with time even if the increased pi remains locked. Now what about mastery setup? If a mod confirms this matter i would be glad.

Comments

• Options
    ScorpiodsuScorpiodsu Posts: 21
    Also, what about on offense. If I join attack and then change my masteries, do I see the changes immediately or not until after they are released from war?
  • Options
    TKalTKal Posts: 534 ★★
    Scorpiodsu wrote: »
    Also, what about on offense. If I join attack and then change my masteries, do I see the changes immediately or not until after they are released from war?

I think it will, I once duped my Magik while I was in WAR, and she got duped in War too

But in defense I don't know
  • Options
    BronzeFallBronzeFall Posts: 60
    The changes for masteries do change in offense immediately. I changed my setup because I revived my team (350hp) and took off suicide masteries so I wouldnt die so easily
  • Options
    BlackbeardBlackbeard Posts: 133
    Offence i know, i have checked. I actually want to know about placement. As no way to check it. I want to know cause i put 5 points in limber as AI plays in defence, if its locked, then i can takeout 4 points from limber and use somewhere else during attack as i am playing.
    Its the simpliest change i am saying, suicidal setup is a big thing.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @Kabam Miike can you pls address this matter?
  • Options
    MEŦAPħҰSMEŦAPħҰS Posts: 340 ★★
    I would also like a definitive answer on this topic by a mod. @Kabam Miike would it be possible for some one to look into this for the community?

Do masteries used while in defensive placement stay locked-in after attack phase has begun and a player decides to change mastery set up?

@Blackbeard example of maxing limber for defense and then reducing by 4pts for offense to use in something more attack related is a good example

Maxing MD mastery for defense and then completely removing for offense would be another...
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike pls response to this as i guess actually everyone who plays with mastary builds want to know this for sure.
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    When you place your defenders it's like a snapshot of the masteries you have when you put them in. So if you place your defenders and then change your masteries for offence, your defenders will still have the same masteries that you had at the time of placing them. So you can use different setups for defence and offence if you want to, I just wouldn't recommend it since that's going to cost units every war and you'd have to keep resetting. There was a thread on this somewhere before with a mod post but I'm pretty certain that is correct. Might have been on the old forums.
  • Options
    When you place your defenders it's like a snapshot of the masteries you have when you put them in. So if you place your defenders and then change your masteries for offence, your defenders will still have the same masteries that you had at the time of placing them. So you can use different setups for defence and offence if you want to, I just wouldn't recommend it since that's going to cost units every war and you'd have to keep resetting. There was a thread on this somewhere before with a mod post but I'm pretty certain that is correct. Might have been on the old forums.

I was under the same impression, I was just hoping for word from the source....just to be safe
  • Options
    Thanks @MegaSkater67
  • Options
    Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★

I was under the same impression, I was just hoping for word from the source....just to be safe

What about boosts? If I boost the health and attack and then place the defense, will they remain?
  • Options
    Boosts won't work for defenders either regardless of when you use them. If you have them active when you place your defenders, the defence screen will show their boosted PI but their actual stats remain unchanged. When the boosts expire, the boosted PI will still show as well but it doesn't make your defenders stronger in any way. Only masteries, level, rank and nodes make a difference. Synergies will apply though as far as I'm aware if your defenders have any.
  • Options
    Heee is another confusing thing, as pi gets locked, no way to understand is rankup or levelup is impacting or not.
  • Options
    DK1825DK1825 Posts: 43
    It'll not change only placement is done
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    Ranking and leveling after you placed has no effect. Neither has duping a champ or putting sig stones in them. They are locked in.

Boost actually do work in defence @MegaSkater67 but only for the time they run. So you would need to place your defense really really late, on the first few tiles and hope the enemy goes in to attack pretty much right away.
  • Options
    Can we please get a response gonna mod on this topic
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    If you get a responds from a mod it will be "like they've said already, masteries are locked in once you place defense" and the topic will be closed. I'm not sure why you want a mod to answer that badly either, the right info has been provided already.
  • Options
    Gwendoline wrote: »
    If you get a responds from a mod it will be "like they've said already, masteries are locked in once you place defense" and the topic will be closed. I'm not sure why you want a mod to answer that badly either, the right info has been provided already.

Confirmation and peace of mind.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Gwendoline wrote: »

Confirmation and peace of mind.

Look it up in the archieves. It was all over the old forum, lots of confirmation from both Adora and Miike and even some tech dude. It shouldn't be hard to find (if the old forum is still viewable, I forgot how long it would stay online)
  • Options
    They're still viewable, just only shows mod responses and first posts now I think. Here's a link:

http://community.wonderhill.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?1239-Marvel-Contest-of-Champions