AQ Sentinels [Merged Threads]

1567911

Comments

  • HENRIQUE_FORTEHENRIQUE_FORTE Posts: 348 ★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Net wrote: »
    Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade etc are no longer so effective..
    also I think putting Morningstar in Map5 as a Mini-boss is also unfair.
    Those in the "Bleed path" can hardly survive, so who will fight against him?

    Why arent they effective? No one has provided an answer yet that proves they are ineffective. So elaborate on why instead of just saying so.
    Morningstar has cointers and an super easy SP1 to evade. So tell me why shes unfair. Give some good reasons. Dig deep and tell me.I'll wait.

    They are no longer «so effective» because sentinels are bleed immune...

    That's not an answer. Try again. Sentinels aren't the only thing you fight in AQ.

    They replaced symbiods, who could bleed, with sentinels, who are immune. So, bleeders like Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade are «no longer so effective». I think it is a logic conclusion...
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,924 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Net wrote: »
    Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade etc are no longer so effective..
    also I think putting Morningstar in Map5 as a Mini-boss is also unfair.
    Those in the "Bleed path" can hardly survive, so who will fight against him?

    Why arent they effective? No one has provided an answer yet that proves they are ineffective. So elaborate on why instead of just saying so.
    Morningstar has cointers and an super easy SP1 to evade. So tell me why shes unfair. Give some good reasons. Dig deep and tell me.I'll wait.

    They are no longer «so effective» because sentinels are bleed immune...

    That's not an answer. Try again. Sentinels aren't the only thing you fight in AQ.

    They replaced symbiods, who could bleed, with sentinels, who are immune. So, bleeders like Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade are «no longer so effective». I think it is a logic conclusion...

    This is still a piss poor answer. Are. Sentinels. The. Only. Champ. You. Fight. In. AQ? No you say? Then they work just fine. I bring my Wolverine and still find great use for him. Blade activates Danger Sense against Sentinels increasing attack. No issues there either.
  • Haji_SaabHaji_Saab Posts: 3,460 ★★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Net wrote: »
    Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade etc are no longer so effective..
    also I think putting Morningstar in Map5 as a Mini-boss is also unfair.
    Those in the "Bleed path" can hardly survive, so who will fight against him?

    Why arent they effective? No one has provided an answer yet that proves they are ineffective. So elaborate on why instead of just saying so.
    Morningstar has cointers and an super easy SP1 to evade. So tell me why shes unfair. Give some good reasons. Dig deep and tell me.I'll wait.

    They are no longer «so effective» because sentinels are bleed immune...

    That's not an answer. Try again. Sentinels aren't the only thing you fight in AQ.

    They replaced symbiods, who could bleed, with sentinels, who are immune. So, bleeders like Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade are «no longer so effective». I think it is a logic conclusion...

    I don't think anybody used wolvie for his bleed. He was used for his regen and he can still regen.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,924 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Net wrote: »
    Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade etc are no longer so effective..
    also I think putting Morningstar in Map5 as a Mini-boss is also unfair.
    Those in the "Bleed path" can hardly survive, so who will fight against him?

    Why arent they effective? No one has provided an answer yet that proves they are ineffective. So elaborate on why instead of just saying so.
    Morningstar has cointers and an super easy SP1 to evade. So tell me why shes unfair. Give some good reasons. Dig deep and tell me.I'll wait.

    They are no longer «so effective» because sentinels are bleed immune...

    That's not an answer. Try again. Sentinels aren't the only thing you fight in AQ.

    They replaced symbiods, who could bleed, with sentinels, who are immune. So, bleeders like Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade are «no longer so effective». I think it is a logic conclusion...

    I don't think anybody used wolvie for his bleed. He was used for his regen and he can still regen.

    Agreed
  • Abracadaver12Abracadaver12 Posts: 24
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Net wrote: »
    Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade etc are no longer so effective..
    also I think putting Morningstar in Map5 as a Mini-boss is also unfair.
    Those in the "Bleed path" can hardly survive, so who will fight against him?

    Why arent they effective? No one has provided an answer yet that proves they are ineffective. So elaborate on why instead of just saying so.
    Morningstar has cointers and an super easy SP1 to evade. So tell me why shes unfair. Give some good reasons. Dig deep and tell me.I'll wait.

    They are no longer «so effective» because sentinels are bleed immune...

    That's not an answer. Try again. Sentinels aren't the only thing you fight in AQ.

    They replaced symbiods, who could bleed, with sentinels, who are immune. So, bleeders like Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade are «no longer so effective». I think it is a logic conclusion...

    I don't think anybody used wolvie for his bleed. He was used for his regen and he can still regen.

    Everyone used him for bleed. The sentinel fights are too long for wolvie. They will get analysis or time out before the end.
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,529 ★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Net wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Net wrote: »
    Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade etc are no longer so effective..
    also I think putting Morningstar in Map5 as a Mini-boss is also unfair.
    Those in the "Bleed path" can hardly survive, so who will fight against him?

    Why arent they effective? No one has provided an answer yet that proves they are ineffective. So elaborate on why instead of just saying so.
    Morningstar has cointers and an super easy SP1 to evade. So tell me why shea unfair. Give some good reasons. Dig deep and tell me.I'll wait.

    Against NC you can use any champion you choose.. against Morningstar not...

    Correct me if I'm wrong,But she doesn't start with 1 soul,and have no way of gaining other than l3,right?

    Correct. Only way to get souls is connect an L3. Bait her L1 and its one of the easiest mini boss fights yet. Bring a bleed immune for the bleed on block and its a cake walk.

    Soooooo, She doesn't start with 1 soul in the mini boss fight?Then why consider bleed immunes?
    Sorry,I don't have morningstar

    No, she does because of her duped ability. I was agreeing with you. I apologize.
    When you hit MS when shes blocking, she causes bleed.

    Right.Thanks, I don't do map 5,that's why
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 853 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    Before the change I ran with blade/sparky/gr combo, and I got by easily enough. Now i run with blade/sparky/gr combo and all i can think of is Who Programmed These Sentinels To Fight, Balrog from Street Fighter? Other than that, no real difference.
  • NetNet Posts: 91
    Haji_Saab wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Net wrote: »
    Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade etc are no longer so effective..
    also I think putting Morningstar in Map5 as a Mini-boss is also unfair.
    Those in the "Bleed path" can hardly survive, so who will fight against him?

    Why arent they effective? No one has provided an answer yet that proves they are ineffective. So elaborate on why instead of just saying so.
    Morningstar has cointers and an super easy SP1 to evade. So tell me why shes unfair. Give some good reasons. Dig deep and tell me.I'll wait.

    They are no longer «so effective» because sentinels are bleed immune...

    That's not an answer. Try again. Sentinels aren't the only thing you fight in AQ.

    They replaced symbiods, who could bleed, with sentinels, who are immune. So, bleeders like Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade are «no longer so effective». I think it is a logic conclusion...

    I don't think anybody used wolvie for his bleed. He was used for his regen and he can still regen.

    Everyone used him for bleed. The sentinel fights are too long for wolvie. They will get analysis or time out before the end.

    Right. The same with X-23...
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Morningstar will start with one soul as she’s duped.

    She’ll also gain a soul when you block her attack due to the oppressive curse node.

    The 2nd part would be tricky once she gets to 3 and 5 souls. Unblockable L2 can hurt, bad. Especially with a high buff activating champ. With her life steal when she hits you, would/could prolong the fight. But as you said this is a node not a normal ability. She's still not as hard as some will make her out to be.
    Yes her L2 can kill you in one shot, particularly if it’s unblockable and you have any buffs. Thankfully her L1 is normally easy to bait out as well as evade, so it ‘should’ be fairly easy to stop her from using her L2.

    The trick part with MS is going to be her bleed. I’m more concerned that bleed immune champs are going to time out due to not being able to do enough damage in time.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 6,924 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Morningstar will start with one soul as she’s duped.

    She’ll also gain a soul when you block her attack due to the oppressive curse node.

    The 2nd part would be tricky once she gets to 3 and 5 souls. Unblockable L2 can hurt, bad. Especially with a high buff activating champ. With her life steal when she hits you, would/could prolong the fight. But as you said this is a node not a normal ability. She's still not as hard as some will make her out to be.
    Yes her L2 can kill you in one shot, particularly if it’s unblockable and you have any buffs. Thankfully her L1 is normally easy to bait out as well as evade, so it ‘should’ be fairly easy to stop her from using her L2.

    The trick part with MS is going to be her bleed. I’m more concerned that bleed immune champs are going to time out due to not being able to do enough damage in time.

    Very true. Not sure what her bleed gets scaled up to due to node buffs. Rouge could be a good counter as she can shake them off. X-23 could be good too with regen and her cruelty stacks but just don't let her get to L2 with 5 stacks.
    These counters are the reason I like playing with Morningstar as well. Has great utility.
  • LC I am sure would probably destroy MS

    .... I can't believe I just said that.
  • BrainimpacterBrainimpacter Posts: 578 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    If they are going to stick with the new AQ changes that make the maps harder and render half of peoples rosters useless, they have to make the rewards better otherwise its not worth all the time and items that alliances have to put in, when all the majority in expert get is just a T4B
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    I used my R3 LC against NC on day 2 and he timed out, mainly due to NC being so defensive.

    Hopefully MS will play a bit more aggressively so he can take her down in one go.
  • crystaldsmithcrystaldsmith Posts: 474 ★★
    I'm not frustrated that AQ has been made harder, I'm frustrated that the current roster I've been working on for two years is completely ineffective. Map 5x5 is now much harder and only the lucky ones who do have the better champs for fighting sents are effectively carrying their weight. I don't have those champs and since AQ isn't offering additional rewards, IDK if I can build up the right roster quick enough to stay where I'm at.

    Challenge can be a very good thing, just like change. The problem is this has been changed with the idea that there are even more reasons to spend your money on units.

    The immediate retort I'll receive is to arena grind, but I can't do that running a small business and a non-profit. Perhaps it's my own fault for not having the time to commit, but I once found this game really fun. Now I just see obvious attempts to force 5x5 alliances to need to spend money. With AW season rewards and the overpowering of AQ sentinels, it just seems like there's far less chance to participate unless you've got hours a day to burn, or you're willing to open your wallet.

    There are other ways to get people to spend their money, like $1 crystals, better daily card deals. People are already spending, so why force more hands? Offering Gold Rush and Halls of Healing more often would allow us the chance to work on those rosters you've jostled so much.

    I'm one person and that doesn't make much difference but I seem to have a popular opinion so at least I can feel good about that.
  • Armaganon00Armaganon00 Posts: 741
    I have lost all my champs twice this aq, thanks to the senitals.They intercept everything, they dont get parried... I am tired of getting ripped off on this game!
  • Philly3974Philly3974 Posts: 360
    Everyone used him for bleed. The sentinel fights are too long for wolvie. They will get analysis or timeout before the end.
    [/quote]

    Right. The same with X-23...[/quote]

    I have a maxed 4* 5/50 maxed sig X23 and use her in AQ all the time, she gains and stacks cruelty against bleed immune champs which raise her crit damage to 146 for 8 secs, she has been useful for me in AQ and has not been an issue with sentinels, yes its a slightly longer fight but still not an issue (I'm in an 11m ally with a starting prestige of 6k for AQ)..

    or maybe use different champs that are effective against sentinels (anyone with armor break) like duped Thor, IF, Medusa, there are other champs that are effective against sentinels. Also, practice, find a maxed sentinel for a duel target and practice, and since evade and parry are still an issue/bug learn to intercept them, don't rely on just parry. I've been playing this game since before masteries and before parry and evade and still don't rely heavily on parry..intercept and bait specials sentinel L1 is completely evadable.

  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 368
    Didn’t MS make your heal only half effective, and gain regen of her own?
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 368
    Didn’t MS make your heal only half effective, and gain regen of her own?
  • General_VisGeneral_Vis Posts: 138
    MS hasn’t been a miniboss yet. It’s Nightcrawler for this cycle.
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 420 ★★★
    AQ has rarely been fun, always been a grind. But now it's even more so of a grind.
    Really annoying doing this five days a week.
  • Sentinels are money grabbers for Kabam. First off they are exponentially more challenging than Symbiods which I'm fine with them being more difficult but I do not agree with Kabam making them THIS difficult. You shouldn't have to use 5-10 items on day 3 to complete when you're in an alliance like mine. We have all the champs and most struggled through it today. It didn't matter if you had Medusa, Thor Rags, or anyone else people suggested. I mean why do they cater to top alliances? This can't be easy for map 5 players that don't have a plethora of 5*s to use against them. The top 5% can handle it based on having all the champs. The rest of the people are screwed.

    Bottom line is it is all about money. So how many people will quit the game? That's the only way they'll change it back or nerf the Sentinels.
  • KhanMedinaKhanMedina Posts: 927 ★★★
    The juice won't be worth the squeeze on day 4 and 5 with these things. Unblockable specials on the generic mob and double immunities? This was a greedy decision.
  • SticksSticks Posts: 1
    If the title does not say it all for you I,ll explain a bit sentinels are not fun to fight hope that clears it up.
    Need to kill between 6 and 10 a day in aq so dull come on kabam make them random champs or something .all you have done is make the daily grind more of a grind
  • These sentinels are a buzz kill on the game. Sure AQ was some what easy but these sentinels are pretty impossible with the champs I’ve used in the past for AQ. So now I have to rank up other champs that will be better for AQ which is where I run into other issues such as gold. I understand kaboom has to make money on the game but this is getting to be a bit much. There needs to be some updates made on rewards. At this rate I will be burn out with this game pretty quickly. Rather not play AQ at this point.
  • GalNashiGalNashi Posts: 25
    they are not hard just much longer fights than the symbiods... it's annoying... that's all
  • D14rockD14rock Posts: 25
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Net wrote: »
    Wolverine, X-23, GP, Blade etc are no longer so effective..
    also I think putting Morningstar in Map5 as a Mini-boss is also unfair.
    Those in the "Bleed path" can hardly survive, so who will fight against him?

    Why arent they effective? No one has provided an answer yet that proves they are ineffective. So elaborate on why instead of just saying so.
    Morningstar has cointers and an super easy SP1 to evade. So tell me why shes unfair. Give some good reasons. Dig deep and tell me.I'll wait.

    They are no longer «so effective» because sentinels are bleed immune...

    That's not an answer. Try again. Sentinels aren't the only thing you fight in AQ.

    But you asked why they wouldn't be less effective and he told you because they are bleed immune. That would be less effective, because you can't use them as often. He didn't say completely uneffective. It's a fact they're less effective sincewell over 2/3 of the map is bleed immune, debuff immune.. speaking of debuff immune, kabam has specifically mentioned sentinels being able to melt away with class advantage.. exactly what bleed immune skill champ am I supposed to take against science sentinel on heal block path? I know I have the almighty LC "sigh", whom is the only science champ who works for that mystic sentinel... amaxing options there to... also by the way, whoever mentioned blade as ineffective, hasn't fought a sentinel with him. He is still better against them than most.
  • Ayushk12Ayushk12 Posts: 146
    Sentinels are far more defensive than symboids. Also they wait and try to intercept more than the champions in aq. Might be just me but this seems to happen since the change.
This discussion has been closed.