**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Aw synergies update and further discussion.

1235»

Comments

• NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    edited May 2018
    There is a really cool post that is stickied regarding problems in 18.0. While this post is mostly limited to just dungeons, if you're tired of people bringing up old issues that appear to be forgotten about since they are not mentioned for almost 2 months, why not keep a comprehensive list of known issues that are brought to you and confirmed, so the questions aren't repeatedly asked.
  • Nick_Caine_32Nick_Caine_32 Posts: 587 ★★★★
    Sorry guys, war synergies were actually a bug and we have decided to remove them completely.
  • McWolfMcWolf Posts: 18
    @Kabam Miike can you at least give us following information:

a) Will they be included? I don't want my peps to level up good synergy Champs, when they never get a chance for their full potential
    b) Is there any timeframe (in summer, late september, winter, when pigs are flying) you have in mind for the implementation?

Thanks
  • BttraditionBttradition Posts: 42
    edited July 2018
    @Kabam Miike or any other @administrator this has been an issue going on, to my knowledge, its 7th month and 3rd update? Is there any reasonable timeline available for fix? All that's required is a little notification below the defenders star value saying theres a synergy active, of course synergies to actually be active. Or has this issue been put on the backburner because it's just not that important?
    I understand that it sounds simpler than it is, but you've all supposedly been working on this since December; and it is now July. Can we expect this to be fixed before the next presidential election?
  • Player267Player267 Posts: 1
    Son güncellemden sora Tlf acayip ısınyor oyun feln oynanamıyor
  • Erikfive_0Erikfive_0 Posts: 122
    With the new update to be pause menu I don’t know why these aren’t working yet. It would easily allow you to see what synergies may be affecting the battle.
  • Dartz_MagicianDartz_Magician Posts: 51
    So from this new update, this issue hasn’t been fixed yet?
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    Why is this not a "sticky"?

• Samar_1092Samar_1092 Posts: 46
    hey @Kabam Miike just a little tip that might help u guys deal with this...

A global node on defense that activates synergies among the defenders. This node should be directly approachable but linked on from the initial nodes of other paths so players have the option to either get rid of synergies first or risk running into synergised defenders to unlink it & then take it down with relative ease. Think this would really make wars much more interesting.
  • NickBates10NickBates10 Posts: 59
    Could you just add back the old basic synergies, attack,health, crit rate, power gain etc and leave the unique synergies switched off so there's nothing unexpected. At least then synergies can play more of a part in the game again
  • Kenny292Kenny292 Posts: 536 ★★
    I know most bugs are unintentional and I'm not one to scream that something was silently nerfed or whatever, but it still bothers me that this started out as what seemed to be a bug and it eventually turned into a choice not to turn synergies back on until they figure out how they want to show that synergies are active. The way this all played out really makes me feel like synergies on defense were intentionally turned off without being announced. If it were a legitimate bug, I feel like it would've affected teams you fight against in arena also, but there was never an issue there. Maybe there's something I'm missing, but those are my thoughts on the whole situation.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,732 ★★★★★
    Another good thread closed. :(
  • KpatrixKpatrix Posts: 1,055 ★★★
    Philly3974 wrote: »
    so its been 7 weeks since the original post and no update from kabam, not surprised, but even a little "hey were making progress" would help, and acknowledge that this problem still exists and you're not completely ignoring your player base. @Kabam Miike

As you know, we can't update you until we have something to update you with. We have not made any progress that we can share with you all at this time, but as soon as we do, we'll make sure that we post here.

At this time, we're still working on this and have not forgotten about it. This is not something that is an easy fix, so it will take some time.

More information will be posted when we have some.

I think the most common line used by kabam is "this is not an easy fix". Your team are well paid professionals, if they always come up with the same for not fixing things then maybe it's time to find some people with the get. It done attitude. All these excuses are getting old. Your team can make extremely complex new champs monthly but they can't make our old champs that we ranked up based on synergy for defense work ???? That doesn't make any sense, you have no issue making nodes work. At least do something for the community to make up for your ineptitude !
  • You have given all the chance necessary in "alerting" players to an unexpected synergy by default, Mike.
    Everyone is now aware so uhhh, umm idk look to see who else is in that particular champs placement before fighting?? "Chance favors the prepared mind", prepare or take a chance. I dont inderstand the huge **** fest over it? (to be fair I may have skipped a few posts between here and the top) About time I say.
  • What VA.Gina is off limits? Can't we just pretend adulthood?
  • is there any update on this?
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    Can’t wait to see people complaining about wars being even more expensive if they implement defensive synergies.

“There are only two tragedies in this life...one is not getting what you want, and the other is getting it.”
  • Helicopter_dugdugdugHelicopter_dugdugdug Posts: 555 ★★★
    Kabam, please keep synergies off defence. Some of the unique synergies are absolutely crazy. No need for these in defence.
  • So has anyone confirmed that 'regular' synergies are not working? My understanding this entire time was it's just the unique synergies that don't work. I know there is a lot of speculation each way but do we know for a fact that no synergies are working in Alliance War?
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    So has anyone confirmed that 'regular' synergies are not working? My understanding this entire time was it's just the unique synergies that don't work. I know there is a lot of speculation each way but do we know for a fact that no synergies are working in Alliance War?

My understanding was that certain unique synergies weren't applying correctly, so kabam turned them all of while they debate fixing the problem.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    People who want these synergies reactivated are either in very low AW tiers or simply not thinking it through. Unique synergies coupled with Tier 1-3 nodes would make for a task completely devoid of enjoyment. Please think it through before asking for these synergies to come back.
  • Erikfive_0Erikfive_0 Posts: 122
    edited September 2018
    By your own logic wouldn’t it make sense for kabam to turn them back on, since they have already stated that 100% completion should not happen every time.
  • Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    Erikfive_0 wrote: »
    By your own logic wouldn’t it make sense for kabam to turn them back on, since they have already stated that 100% completion should not happen every time.

The nodes were already cranked up to combat the "100% completion issue", and they were designed around the premise of no defense synergies. Given that no adjustment was made between seasons 3 and 4, it seems they're content with the difficulty level right now.

I could potentially see an argument being made for bringing defense synergies back, but only if the node difficulties went WAY down.