**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Patience is a virtue...

While an emergency main't is not ideal, remember this is extra work for the Kabam team too. Yes, occasionally it feels like it happens at the worst moments. However, truth is, certain things are out of their control. Yes, even I have felt like the timing is crazy. Just the same, take a look at what's happening at those moments. Most of the time, it's during a peak hour of usage. Be it during the end of AQ when everyone is signing in to finish up, or at the end of the work day once everyone across the country is out and finally able to place focus on the game. Some would say why not wait until later? Unfortunately for us, this is when it happened. Also, this game has WORLDWIDE player base. So occasionally it screws with a certain timezone more than another. They don't choose to do this. I've been made aware of such, and after some thought do see why that's the absolute truth. As to everyone wishing for compensation, that's a little premature. A 20 min to hour outage is hardly grounds to expect something. If the game is down for hours, or repeatedly over and over again for 30 mins here and there, they'll more than likely throw us a bone like they have in the past. In the end, patience is a virtue.

Comments

• Options
    Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258
    @SiriusBreak I totally agree. People always wonder why we used to get rewards when they went down for maintenance but don't get any now. This is because back then the game went down 3 times a day for 1-1.5 hours each. I don't believe we need rewards for every time the games goes down. It does get aggrivatiing, but it will be ok
  • Options
    Also is your name a spin on Sirius Black from Harry Potter?
  • Options
    Scotty2hotty33_Scotty2hotty33_ Posts: 85
    They should just invest in more server farms. It seems pretty simple, but they don't want to spend $.
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    They should just invest in more server farms. It seems pretty simple, but they don't want to spend $.

It’s a little more complicated than that, but yeah better processors would help.

I completely agree with you @SiriusBreak
    “Patience is a virtue” **flashbacks to Caps post credit scene that I waited so dang long for...**
  • Options
    @Sac123_ - It's my DJ alias, and yes, the name was inspired by Sirius Black from Harry Potter. However this was done before the movie came out. I read all the original series as they came out. The spin I put on it was for my style of music I played (Breakbeats), and was also a play on words, in turn making a Serious Break for me, lol.

It is nice to see that there's others that do agree. Yeah, I've been guilty of saying foolish things about the emergency main't. However, when you're listening to everyone in your Alliance freak out, and you yourself are in a bad mood, foolish words tend to flow. Overall, we all need to understand that they don't have 100% control over everything here. Yes, more servers with better processors would be nice. Just the same, they run a business and need to do what makes them money. Sometimes the investment is worth it. Other times, they make due with what they have. In the end, it's our choice to play as it's free. It's a choice to pay in. Be grateful it's as nice as it is.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,248 ★★★★★
    @SiriusBreak

Just checked out Aries Inferno Pt. 1. You're pretty good, actually. It gets dirty midway through. Love it.
  • Options
    Thanks! @GroundedWisdom I'll eventually upload Pt 2. I've just been crazy busy. It's a bit more Electro House/Glitch oriented vs pt 1 which is a lot of grimy Breaks. Been DJ-ing since i was 16 so I have about 18 years under my belt now. I need new equipment. I miss vinyl, lol. I've been working with Ableton recently. That particular mix was done on CDJs. No sync button. Just pure skill.
  • Options
    @SiriusBreak do you have any of your music I can listen to on youtube? Like any recordings.
  • Options
    Thanks! @GroundedWisdom I'll eventually upload Pt 2. I've just been crazy busy. It's a bit more Electro House/Glitch oriented vs pt 1 which is a lot of grimy Breaks. Been DJ-ing since i was 16 so I have about 18 years under my belt now. I need new equipment. I miss vinyl, lol. I've been working with Ableton recently. That particular mix was done on CDJs. No sync button. Just pure skill.

Awesome. I'm a bit old school myself.
  • Options
    @Sac123_ - I have a mix available for stream on Mixcloud.

Sirius Break Mixcloud

@GroundedWisdom - Nice. Yeah, I miss the old days for sure. I can't get down with some of the new styles coming out. Trap is 50/50 for me. Some I love, some I just can't stand. Dubstep got saturated by the mainstream entirely too quickly. It's an ever long evolution of the music. I haven't been out to buy new beats in a bit. Need to see how breaks are fairing these days. Tis an underappreciated genre in my book. Then again, probably for the best. That way it doesn't make its way onto the local pop radio station, lol.
  • Options
    @Sac123_ - I have a mix available for stream on Mixcloud.

Sirius Break Mixcloud

@GroundedWisdom - Nice. Yeah, I miss the old days for sure. I can't get down with some of the new styles coming out. Trap is 50/50 for me. Some I love, some I just can't stand. Dubstep got saturated by the mainstream entirely too quickly. It's an ever long evolution of the music. I haven't been out to buy new beats in a bit. Need to see how breaks are fairing these days. Tis an underappreciated genre in my book. Then again, probably for the best. That way it doesn't make its way onto the local pop radio station, lol.

Don't even get me started on Dubstep. Anything that drops a beat qualifies now. Lol.
  • Options
    ItsTheBroskiItsTheBroski Posts: 492 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Yeah I got kabammed the other day when there was 30 minutes left on day 4 of AQ Map 5 (expert tier) and an emergency maintenance occurred. We ended up not staying in expert tier from literally 4 spots (meaning that emergency maintenance killed us) lol.
  • Options
    @ItsTheBroski - Us too. The cutoff is getting ENTIRELY too high. We had over 90 million and missed the mark too. We would have made the cut had we been able to complete. We were behind and that didn't help. Sadly, they don't have control over this. Just was bad luck all around. However, while we're on the subject, we need a new reward tier. Soon enough 100 million won't be enough to stay in Expert Tier Rewards. Let's face it, are the low rank rewards in Expert worth all that effort? Those top tier Alliances have Prestige that dwarfs ours. We're starting this week at 4804. That should in theory be PLENTY to stay in Expert. So the only fix I see for this issue is for Kabam to create a new reward tier. This would bring the cutoff back down to 50-60 million where it belongs, in turn allowing the lower mid level Alliances a shot at staying in Expert Tier, and getting Expert Tier base rank rewards weekly. Then the mid level Alliances like the one I reside in (10.5 Million rating, 4804 Prestige as previously stated) would be getting higher ranked rewards that would match the level of commitment and effort we put out weekly. To be realistic, the top tier Alliances deserve better rewards for their high Prestige, and we shouldn't be suffering the way we are because of their hard work. It's not extremely difficult to maintain Map 5x5. But just the same, no reason we should be struggling to get 1x T4 Basic Catalyst, 1 Greater Glory Crystal, and 750 Glory with 4800+ Prestige. We should be getting much more. Fact is, a few months ago, 4800 would have landed you MUCH higher than it does now. It's time Kabam, AQ needs a new reward tier.