**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

First 6*... Kingpin???Any good???

Guys so I just opened my first ever 6* crystal ,and it was a featured!Well as you can guess from the title I pulled Kingpin!I am pretty frustrated right now, but since I don't really have him as 4 or 5* I would like to hear some thoughts/info about him!

Comments

• ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    be glad u got a 6*
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    He is a pretty good defender for aw
  • Well I am, but from the other hand I tried to get there...its not luck :p !
    Anyway i want info on Kingpin,if possible!
  • Mr_OtterMr_Otter Posts: 1,614 ★★★
    LeonBeni93 wrote: »
    Well I am, but from the other hand I tried to get there...its not luck :p !
    Anyway i want info on Kingpin,if possible!

He’s fairly impressive as an offensive tool especially

I haven’t read him lately but he’s pretty up there in just berserk-ness
  • XFA_RebootedXFA_Rebooted Posts: 1,048 ★★★
    First of all, he is not a good defender. He is way to easy to beat. Second, he can ramp up some good damage with his rage. I wouldn't be mad.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Well most people I know say he is a good defender I don't actually have one nor have I really fought him
    King Pin is a wimpy defender imo
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    He requires too much ramp up to be a decent attacker and pretty much needs to be duped to shorten that ramp up time.

He hits like a monster in overpower mode, no arguement there, but it is getting to overpower that is tricky.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Good AW defender but how good depends on your AW tier. He gets at least 1 kill for my alliance in Tier 3 on node 53, extra power gain on top of his power gain/rage ability makes him fire unblockable sp2s often, especially since he has a 50% chance to shrug off debuffs like power lock.
  • ShinyMew2ShinyMew2 Posts: 187
    Guys so I just opened my first ever 6* crystal ,and it was a featured!Well as you can guess from the title I pulled Kingpin!I am pretty frustrated right now, but since I don't really have him as 4 or 5* I would like to hear some thoughts/info about him!
    Nope he’s trash, sorry to break it to you. Only thing he’s halfway decent for is defense but even then meh
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    Buster wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Buster wrote: »

If you are getting 6 stars and coming on here asking opinions, you are doing something wrong. 6 stars must be getting too easy to get, by the time a person starts getting 6 stars, they should know every good champ and every bad champ. In my opinion he is not that good, but be happy he is a 6 star. You did easy an extra 5000 shards on him.

That seems pretty harsh. The OP just asked for opinions. You don't know what he knows or doesn't know about the champions, and to be honest a lot of the things even long term veterans seem to think everyone should know I think are ought-right false. You can have differences of opinions on champs even with tons of experience.

I didn't mean for it to sound harsh, I was just pointing out most should know these thing by the time they are getting six stars. We usually see these post asking about a first four star, it surprised me seeing someone ask about six stars.

It is also possible there are relatively newer players getting their first 6* through uncollected shards and 5* dups. These days it is possible for a player to get there in much less time than it takes for them to amass a roster large enough to have seen most of the champions at least at some star tier level. In fact, for a player starting today it is possibly easier to get their first rank 1/25 6* than their first 4/55 5*, just because the 6* requires no alpha 2s.
  • Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    S1 reduces ability accuracy of the opponent, so that can be useful I guess.
  • @Buster Well to make it clearly,i've been playing for a little more than a year-end I do have a lot of 4* and 5* champions including 4/55 Ghost rider and Blade,I also had a rough idea that Kingpin isn't good, and I was frustrated when I pulled him,BUT I don't have him as 4 or 5* yet...so was looking for some info, hoping to hear anything good for him!

thanks everyone for your answers am pretty sure I will test him in defence,and I will also play with him to see if I can find him any useful!
  • roastedbagelroastedbagel Posts: 346 ★★★

Depends on war tier. I'm assuming OP isn't in tier 1, tiers lower than that he's absolutely good for 1+ kill on the right node consistently. Tier 3 he absolutely gets a kill, if not 2 or 3 every single war.
  • Patchie93Patchie93 Posts: 1,898 ★★★★
    I have mine 4* 5/50. Initially I have been using him on defense but only getting about 1 kill a war. Recently I've been using him this month in EQ and I feel he is pretty underrated here. His damage isn't ground breaking but it is good and using him against evade champs helps him ramp up much faster. Mine is only awakened from his basic arena a few weeks back.
    I'd say give him a try before disregarding him.
    Sp1 does a little Dot but has ability reduction
    Sp2 he can go unstopabble
    Unstoppable heavy which of you land 3x in quick succession gives him a decent fury.
    Also a fairly good health pool for a 4*
  • Jh_DezJh_Dez Posts: 1,305 ★★★
    https://youtu.be/9d1mNU_Af1A

For those wondering how good kingpin is
  • VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    yeah, Butt Back pretty good on AW Defense if placed well.
  • MightylibraMightylibra Posts: 185
    He’a a poor one in both animations and abilities.
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    jxuihy23txwk.gif

• Tropical_ChrisTropical_Chris Posts: 137
    Kingpin is one of those characters I would love to have a 6*! Well, kingpin is already one of my fave champ in the game. But I think Kingpin is one of the few champs that can really take advantage of adrenaline.

Do a heavy attack to catch a buff and you'll be taking a little over block damage, which you'll regen anyway thanks to adrenaline :wink:

Also, since I havent seen much info on Kingpin out there, I decided awhile back to create do a brain dump and do my own writeup - https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/58816/kingpin-the-agentvenom-crossbone-hybrid#latest
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,253 ★★★★★
    Savio444 wrote: »
    jxuihy23txwk.gif

If only kingpin was as awesome as Netflix Wilson Fisk.
  • I'm pretty sure even his signature ability is longer than my 6 star Gamora's whole ability page lol.
    (Not that i didn't like Gamora though but i'd be happy with Kingpin too)
  • Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★
    jxuihy23txwk.gif

Yeah, he could have thrown tables instead of himself.
    Can’t wait for daredevil season 3.
    jxuihy23txwk.gif

What exactly is he defending?
  • The_GrandmasterThe_Grandmaster Posts: 205
    edited April 2018
    edit
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian

Netflix Kingpin SP3:

doorslam1gif.gif