Boosting Older Champs

So, I've been on-and-off the game since it was first release, juggling between CoC, FF and the now defunct M:AA. It's great that there's a lot more complexity in the abilities of the newer characters which is pretty respectable since the game operates on an X-axis only.

One of the gripes I have is that as we get newer characters, the older ones are less viable and start picking up dust because they don't quite have as many bells and whistles as the newer ones.

Here are some ideas I have for tweaking older champs:
---
Captain America
*Defensive Fighter
-Well-timed Blocks and Evade cause Cap to gain a surge of Power (5%), effect is doubled on enemies with Fatigue
-Perfect Block triggers grant 50% more Power
*Shield Mastery
-Specials gain increased Stun chance and Critical Hit Rate on enemies with Fatigue
---
Spider-Man
*Spider-Sense (Awakening)
-Gain Power relative to enemy Power when Evading with this ability, up to 10% maximum
*Spectacular
-The first 3 attacks after a well-timed Evade only grants the opponent half as much power.
---
Black Bolt
*Discipline
-Black Bolt passively has one Fury and Cruelty at the start of combat granting no boost to Attack or Critical Damage Rating lasting for 3-5 seconds (Based on Rank).
-Both buffs are reapplied when achieving a Power threshold.
-The values scale with increasing Power at 10% per Power threshold.
*Provocation (Awakening)
-Instead increases the effectiveness of Black Bolt's Fury and Cruelty effects as he takes damage.
*Crescendo
-Stuns last 1 second longer on enemies with Armor Break

**Black Bolt's Level 2 Special cannot reduce his health below 10% of his max HP, instead dealing 25% less damage
---
Ant-Man
*FlippANT
-Chance to apply Fatigue with Light attacks increases as Ant-Man's Health decreases. Up to double the chance at 50% Health.
-Special 2 does not Poison per stack of Fatigue, instead it drains 8% of the opponent's Power meter per stack.

**Poison just doesn't seem like a thing that Ant-Man would do IMO, and Power drain's a lot more useful most of the time anyway.
---
Cyclops
*Ruby Red Glare
-Optic Blasts ignore 0.5% of the enemy's base Block Rating per hit in the combo Counter
-Specials become Unblockable at 50 Hits on the combo counter

Comments

• shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Member Posts: 3,245 ★★★★★
    edited April 2018
    Dude your ideas for cap and Spidey are intriguing but they are not as bad as alot of others say collossus or Kamala Khan I would rather see the really bad ones get buffed and antmans second special poisons because antbites contain neurotoxins
  • WillODeeWillODee Member Posts: 22
    Dude your ideas for cap and Spidey are intriguing but they are not as bad as alot of others say collossus or Kamala Khan I would rather see the really bad ones get buffed and antmans second special poisons because antbites contain neurotoxins

Thanks for the response.

I'm a biologist so I'm aware that ants do possess toxins, but from a gameplay perspective, Power Drain would be a better Level 2 Special than Poison because you've already dealt a considerable amount of damage to the enemy by that point that you're sure to win (unless there's a massive level difference). Power Drain seems a more logical choice because it also stops the enemy from pulling off a comeback Level 3.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Member Posts: 3,245 ★★★★★
    WillODee wrote: »

Thanks for the response.

I'm a biologist so I'm aware that ants do possess toxins, but from a gameplay perspective, Power Drain would be a better Level 2 Special than Poison because you've already dealt a considerable amount of damage to the enemy by that point that you're sure to win (unless there's a massive level difference). Power Drain seems a more logical choice because it also stops the enemy from pulling off a comeback Level 3.
    WillODee wrote: »

Thanks for the response.

Yeah I agree power drain would be better but the poison kind of does make sense
  • WillODeeWillODee Member Posts: 22
    Adding some more:
    ---
    Winter Soldier
    *EMP (Awakening)
    -Instead, Winter Soldier accumulates charges when attacking or holding down the block button (once per 0.8 seconds). Critical Hits grant 2 charges instead. At 25 charges, his next Melee attack triggers an EMP that drains enemy power. Amount of Power scales with Winter Soldier's level
    *Cold Blooded
    -Critical Hits deal additional damage based on the target's missing Health (0.5%/1% missing max Health). The additional damage bypasses Armor.
    ---
    Magneto
    *Shrapnel
    -Specials that connect with the target apply a stack of Shrapnel equal to the Special Level (i.e. 1,2 or 3 stacks). Magneto's attacks ignore a portion of the Armor rating of enemies with Shrapnel. Shrapnel lasts 8/10/12 Seconds.
    ---
    Hulk
    *Rageneration
    -Upon being reduced to 50% Health and below, Hulk regenerates Health per stack of Fury. Does not regenerate while blocking. Health regenerated is equal to 5% of Max Health for the full un-Mastery'ed Fury duration
    *Green Goliath
    -Reduce debuff duration by 10% per Fury
    ---
    War Machine
    *Reload
    -Increase Power gain for 5 seconds after using Special attacks
    *Bunker Buster
    -Level 2 and 3 Specials ignore all Armor on the final hit
    ---
    Black Widow
    *Dance of Death
    -Gain additional power while scoring Critical Hits for every Cruelty and Precision buff active
    *Systema
    -Specials that Critically Hit have a chance to Stun the enemy