**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Scarlett witch not fuctioning properly [Not a bug]

Viper013Viper013 Posts: 88
edited June 2017 in Bugs and Known Issues
My scarlett witch is at sig level 40 which means she has 71.36% chance of triggring a buff or a debuff from her critical hits. So that means atleast 7 out of 10 critical hits should generate a buff or a debuff. But unfortunately the gameplay tells a different story. I have recorded total amount of critical hits my scarlett witch gave and total number or buffs and debuffs generated by her in the last 5 matches. The results are as follows :
Match 1 : 21 critical hits : 4 buffs 2 debuff (but 70% of 21 hits is 14 approx)
Match 2 : 28 critical hits : 3buffs 3 debuffs ( not matching the 70% calculation)
Match 3 : 19 critical hits : 3 buffs 1 debuffs ( again same story)
Match 4 : 26 critical hits : 4buffs 3 debuffs (again same)
Match 5 : 17 critical hits : 1buff 3 debuffs (same)
So please make me understand how you guys calculate 71.36 % because clearly my critical hits dont hav 7.36 % chance to generate buffs and debuffs as written in her info.
And please dont come up with a reply like " we have tested her and she is function as intended. Thank you". Please give a proper explaination
Post edited by Kabam Miike on

Comments

• AddyosAddyos Posts: 1,090 ★★★★
    You need her to be above Sig level 60 for her buffs to occur more reliably. Do the daily expert proving grounds to get the sig stones and upgrade her; see if you see a difference after.
    Some champs need to have a high sig level for their abilities to really shine. Some don't; SW is one of them unfortunately. So again, upgrade her and see the difference it makes.
  • Viper013Viper013 Posts: 88
    Addyos wrote: »
    You need her to be above Sig level 60 for her buffs to occur more reliably. Do the daily expert proving grounds to get the sig stones and upgrade her; see if you see a difference after.

Juz explain to me whay doe 71.36% chance that her critical hits will generate a buff or debuff means. I know i will get more buffs and debuffs with higher sig level. But why have they written 71.36% chnce when obviously thats not the case
  • DarkDark Posts: 60
    Did you not know Kabam devs failed at math so nothing works right
    @Viper013 that's the thing. It's just a CHANCE of a buff or debuff occurring, not a guarantee. Let's say there's a chance of opening a 3* one out of ten PHC crystals, do you think you actually get 1 3* from 10 PHC crystals all the time? Sometimes you get none, sometimes you get 2 or even 3.

That's how chance work; just because something doesn't happen before it means there's a greater chance of it happening the second time. The chance of the event happening remains the same right through. You've just had some poor luck in getting buffs and debuffs. Maybe next time you use SW, the buffs and debuffs will occur more frequently...or not.
  • IdreesIdrees Posts: 9
    I think u r understanding it all wrong. It is everytime a critical hit occurs, it has a --%age of change to generate a buff or debuff.

It doesnt make sense by adding all the crit hits and finding the average of buffs and debuffs u ll get. How can u make the numbers before knowing how many crit hits u r going to do in a fight.
  • PurveyorPurveyor Posts: 201 ★★
    Read the sig ability closely. You have x% chance to proc 0-8 buffs or debuffs. The zero is a tricky way of explaining away the problem you're having.
    Idrees wrote: »
    I think u r understanding it all wrong. It is everytime a critical hit occurs, it has a --%age of change to generate a buff or debuff.

It doesnt make sense by adding all the crit hits and finding the average of buffs and debuffs u ll get. How can u make the numbers before knowing how many crit hits u r going to do in a fight.

Yes thats why i checked how many crits sw is getting and how many buffs and debuffs she generated. Clearly 71.36 % crits are not generating buffs and debuffs as written in her sig ability. So i want to know how kabam does this 71.35% calculation. Are they going to say that 71.36% is just a fancy number which has no relation with actual gameplay? I want to know what is their explaination. I know it vey well that higher sig level will get more buffs and debuffs. But what is this x% chance to generate 0-8 buffs all about. In
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    My understanding is similar to others - that 70% is chance for her sig to proc. IF her sig procs there are like 8 different buffs / debuffs... and each is independent of each other (e.g. you will at times get multiple buffs/debuffs at once).

However, the percent chance of each of them to proc is like 5% (regen / stun) and 13% for others off the top of my head based post a saw awhile back. Note the 5% may be only one validated as those were nerfed from 13%. If those percents are true it means 39% of the time her sig procs you will get 0 buffs (.87^6*.95^2). Factor in your sig ability being 71.35% chance of sig to proc means like 68% of time you won't get buff / debuff (29% from sig ability not procing, 39% from sig ability procing but no buffs/debuffs RNG working)

So based on my math you should get buff/debuff ~30% of crits (sometimes multiple) assuming my 13%/5% are right (some may be wrong). Your very small sample size had a range of 21%-29%
  • TacoScottyTacoScotty Posts: 407 ★★
    Bad math - should have said 29% + 71%*39% so 57% you shouldn't get a buff not 70% I did. So 43% you should... which may imply some of the 13% / 5% I did were overstated or 0 buffs/debuffs has its own assigned percent as well

TacoScotty wrote: »
    My understanding is similar to others - that 70% is chance for her sig to proc. IF her sig procs there are like 8 different buffs / debuffs... and each is independent of each other (e.g. you will at times get multiple buffs/debuffs at once).

However, the percent chance of each of them to proc is like 5% (regen / stun) and 13% for others off the top of my head based post a saw awhile back. Note the 5% may be only one validated as those were nerfed from 13%. If those percents are true it means 39% of the time her sig procs you will get 0 buffs (.87^6*.95^2). Factor in your sig ability being 71.35% chance of sig to proc means like 68% of time you won't get buff / debuff (29% from sig ability not procing, 39% from sig ability procing but no buffs/debuffs RNG working)

So based on my math you should get buff/debuff ~30% of crits (sometimes multiple) assuming my 13%/5% are right (some may be wrong). Your very small sample size had a range of 21%-29%

Thnx for the explaination and wow 71.36% means 30% or less. Well done kabam
  • This is not entirely true. So, when you land a critical hit and successfully activate her ability, you can proc between 0 and 8 buffs/debuffs. You're most likely to actually trigger 1, and not Zero.

But what you're describing isn't caused by this. It's caused by how probability works. While you definitely seem to be having a string of bad luck with her Ability, having a 70% chance to trigger her ability doesn't mean that it will happen 7 out of 10 hits. It means that each individual hit has a 70% chance to activate her ability (which could still result in 0 buffs/debuffs occurring). That means that each and every critical hit you land also has a 30% chance of not activating it at all. This could result in a 1000 hit fight where each critical hit just happens to be in that 30% and you never activate a single buff or debuff.

So, it's theoretically possible to have only a 1% chance of activating her Veil of Fortune ability, and being able to land 100 critical hits, with all 100 of them activating her ability. It's also possible to have a 90% chance to activate her ability, last 100 hits and not have her ability activate at all.

I know this might be a little confusing and not what you want to hear, but it is the nature of her Chaos Magic.
  • DLegendDLegend Posts: 745 ★★★
    Its the reason why its called "chaos magic"
  • MrcMumbleMrcMumble Posts: 161
    It's the same formula they use to determine percentages on getting a 4* out of phc rofl. Kabam employees got "degrees" in alternate realities where true probability and statistics aren't based on cold hard facts. Like Phoenix University online lol.
    This is not entirely true. So, when you land a critical hit and successfully activate her ability, you can proc between 0 and 8 buffs/debuffs. You're most likely to actually trigger 1, and not Zero.

But what you're describing isn't caused by this. It's caused by how probability works. While you definitely seem to be having a string of bad luck with her Ability, having a 70% chance to trigger her ability doesn't mean that it will happen 7 out of 10 hits. It means that each individual hit has a 70% chance to activate her ability (which could still result in 0 buffs/debuffs occurring). That means that each and every critical hit you land also has a 30% chance of not activating it at all. This could result in a 1000 hit fight where each critical hit just happens to be in that 30% and you never activate a single buff or debuff.

So, it's theoretically possible to have only a 1% chance of activating her Veil of Fortune ability, and being able to land 100 critical hits, with all 100 of them activating her ability. It's also possible to have a 90% chance to activate her ability, last 100 hits and not have her ability activate at all.

I know this might be a little confusing and not what you want to hear, but it is the nature of her Chaos Magic.

This makes her unreliable. Can you guys try to make her more reliable?
  • Slux83Slux83 Posts: 357 ★★
    ^ This is just what they DO NOT want to do! With a L99 before was way too reliable making her a God.. RIP
  • Kabam WolfKabam Wolf Posts: 1,277 ★★★
    Hey everyone. Since this isn't a bug, I'm going to close this thread. If you have have feedback about Scarlet Witch, please post it in the Suggestions and Requests forum. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.