**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Serious Gold Problem Kabam..

Now I know there are many posts concerning gold on the forums, but they’re valid..
gold is a serious problem in mcoc!
One of the only ways to obtain a lot of gold, is arena, and I speak for a lot of people when I say this, not everyone can grind for gold! I have a life and job that comes first so grinding isn’t an option for me all the time.
At this point I don’t even have enough gold to do one round of arena, I have 34 gold..
I only have 2 r4 5*s and the second isn’t even 4/55 because of my gold issue.
The game has evolved in such a way that we need 5* and 6* champions more and more, and yet kabam hasn’t adapted to the needs of these rank ups.

Kabam.. half pricing your gold crystals wasn’t ever going to fix the gold problem nor will it ever fix it. They aren’t even worth 10 units.

My solution, would be to turn free for all Sunday into a gold realm. This would incentivise a lot more people to run it. I myself never do the free for all as it is a waste of time for end game players. If it were a gold realm, I’d be 100% exploring it every Sunday.
Or at least run a gold realm every once in a while.

Please Kabam, read my words and the communities voice. WE NEED GOLD.

If anyone has anything they’d like to share, please comment below, perhaps kabam will read this, but keep it civil.

Comments

• Options
    JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    This thread will be shut down an redirect you to the open gold issue thread.
  • Options
    GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 ★★★
    If you know there are lots of gold posts already, post in one of them. You don’t have a new/different problem, so making a new post actually isn’t valid.
  • Options
    DiablosUltimateDiablosUltimate Posts: 1,021 ★★★
    New posts won't help, they know this issue exists for long time and they are not doing anything about it so it looks like they don't want to do anything about that
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    Ditto on gold problem.
    Since the Mods have emphasized on closing duplicated gold related posts, and encouraged us to continue the feedback on the MERGED gold post, you may want to check out the merged one. Good luck and cheers!
  • Options
    NeowantsyouNeowantsyou Posts: 198 ★★
    I'm waiting for the "grind arena" comments. where you guys at.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    You can only say it so many times. Lol. It's like me asking the store to give me more clothes because I don't have time to work.
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    you have 34 gold? really? how? just how? :-O
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    I'm waiting for the "grind arena" comments. where you guys at.

I'm waiting for the "do only map 3 AQ" comments and "don't whin" comments as well.
    LOL, joke aside, glad to see more folks standing up and voicing their ACTUAL CONCERN. :)
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Let me give you what i get from you lot about t4cc (only difference is the advice you give is to go after the one time t4cc available by completing "this" or "that" only you never seem to realize that after those are collected there are no more full t4cc for a solo player to collect and in your case the supplie is endless!) There is already gold in the game! Grind for it! There is gold in every arena, every quest, sell iso...(like you tell solo players to sell t3) "Do the work and quit whining!" (That is the helpful support you.lot offe)r
  • Options
    IzzzarIzzzar Posts: 4
    I think they starve the Gold so Pay to Play players don't accumulate so many ranked up champs at will. Imagine if there were endless gold and I can buy t4cc's, alpha 1's and basics. i will have 8 rank 4 champs in no time. May not be too bad.
  • Options
    Gonzawesome80Gonzawesome80 Posts: 62
    I agree with you, this gold problem is ridiculous. It’s crazy expensive to rank up 5 and 6 stars, yet there is no way to get more gold other than arena. Guess what kabam, im not a 13 year old kid that can play arena all day. Fix this issue...
  • Options
    PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    People who think there’s no gold issue either:-

1-Have yet to experience a 6* to rank up to R1.
    2-Have yet progressed(had good RGN) to start thinking about creating a 5* team.
    3-Have already maxed out everything they need.
    4-Are a troll

When it costs 420k+ gold to rank a 6* to 1-R1, its time to increase gold for end game players or start running a gold event. Even if it’s once a month would be helpful and take the edge off things.

I’m happy to have a bottle neck for rank ups but when it’s more than one bottle neck it’s get quite tiresome. We already have t1a as a bottle neck so why make gold a bottle neck aswell?

Doesn’t being able to rank up and play with a new champ straight away generate more revenue? Instead of grinding arena for gold?
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    Not 100% sure how it works, but it's probably something like this.

Kabam designs a game that has a lot of variables involved (gold, ISO, catylysts, ranking speed, crystal opening rate etc..).

The speed or progress in the game is kept in check by keeping those variables in check (they don't let each of those numbers get past a certain point through limitations).

Kabam looks at all the variables in the game and probably converts all of that to a number that represents "progress", then designs content around that progress number.

They probably use a simulator to test what changes impact what areas in the game, so everything is done deliberately.

They can simulate what happens to that progress number by makes changes to their "gold availability number" or making changes to the "energy cap number".

There's a lot of variables to consider and a lot of complex relationships that need to be carefully designed and managed so the game is kept in balance.

Right now the game is not in balance in regards to gold but Kabam insists that it is. I'm not sure what their plan is. I hope they increase it, but it doesn't seem like they are.
  • Options
    HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Give Kabam time to find a solution. They are aware of the gold shortage and will most likely start to offer better and better gold deals until it reaches a point where the majority of people see a good value in the deal. The same thing happened when T1A/T4B were the main bottleneck here, Kabam started increasing the value from unit/money deals and people gobbled them up (including me). T4B / T1A weren't really increased in the game, outside of slightly lower T1A glory costs and new AW season rewards. So to get more gold be prepared to spend on some offers.

The time the T1A/T4B complaints stopped was around last Cyber Monday when they had offers for like 20+ T4B across all the unit deals. Although with gold, I feel like it will be a lot more tricky to find the sweet spot. The "going-rate" for gold is $8-10 per mil and I don't think Kabam will ever reach upon those numbers.
  • Options
    DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I would definitely spend 10$ for 1 mil in gold but I have not seen that offer
  • Options
    Mmx1991Mmx1991 Posts: 674 ★★★★
    DL864 wrote: »

See this is what bugs me. Kabam starves the community of resources so badly that players are dying to spend money to barely rank up one champion out of a 100+ champions.

Buying gold crystals isn't a solution. A healthy balanced game doesn't force players to spend on gold for every rank up. If our main source of gold (aside from doing our best in arena) becomes gold crystals, this game will be pretty much dead or on the quick road to shutting down.
  • Options
    Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    People who think there’s no gold issue either:-

1-Have yet to experience a 6* to rank up to R1.
    2-Have yet progressed(had good RGN) to start thinking about creating a 5* team.
    3-Have already maxed out everything they need.
    4-Are a troll

When it costs 420k+ gold to rank a 6* to 1-R1, its time to increase gold for end game players or start running a gold event. Even if it’s once a month would be helpful and take the edge off things.

I’m happy to have a bottle neck for rank ups but when it’s more than one bottle neck it’s get quite tiresome. We already have t1a as a bottle neck so why make gold a bottle neck aswell?

Doesn’t being able to rank up and play with a new champ straight away generate more revenue? Instead of grinding arena for gold?

I find this very much not true. I'm constantly looking to upgrade champs and have upgrade six stars too

xi1k6jua7d6i.png
    jn9irthhbeil.png
  • Options
    Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    Mmx1991 wrote: »
    DL864 wrote: »

See this is what bugs me. Kabam starves the community of resources so badly that players are dying to spend money to barely rank up one champion out of a 100+ champions.

Buying gold crystals isn't a solution. A healthy balanced game doesn't force players to spend on gold for every rank up. If our main source of gold (aside from doing our best in arena) becomes gold crystals, this game will be pretty much dead or on the quick road to shutting down.

Well, yeah, they're a business and trying to make money. If all in game resources were plentiful and readily available, then they would barely sell any in their offers. I mean, I haven't had time to grind arenas and I'm feeling the gold crunch, too. Really, there are two basic ways they can make rank up material offers appealing. They can offer materials that a player isn't far enough along in the game to acquire or they can offer materials that are readily available, but tedious and time consuming to grind for.
  • Options
    vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Buy fgmcs for gold. You get gold and iso and then sell the iso for gold.

----kabam's objective----
  • Options
    PrimeSaviour_27PrimeSaviour_27 Posts: 364 ★★★
    @Batman05 then you fall into the category of you have maxed out everything you need and haven’t needed to level up a champ.

If I am wrong please tell me how to keep a gold balance capable of level up 5* and 6*

63zqh1e1wv7k.png

I have enough T2a and t4cc to R4 my X-23, Iceman or even R5 a few 4*.

Yet I’m waiting on gold/t1a.

So any advice how to release the gold bottle neck is welcome.
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    Anyone who says "just join an alliance and do map 5" is out of touch. Those of you who poop poo others' needs t4cc have yet to experience the frustration of grinding the road to nowhere...and right there is the heart of the issue...this really isnt a community...it's everyman for himself and most of you are just using 29 other guys to get what you want...no real friendships (obviously not all but many) and "other than grinding in arenas!" Well then grind, work, do without...that seems to be what you believe platers like me should do...what makes you so entitled?
This discussion has been closed.