**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How long till we get 7* Shards for duping 6*?

ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
CAUSE...back in the day we never thought 6* being in the game and 5* DUPES back then never gave out 6* shards.

so imagine all those poeple who got screwed back in the day not getting 6* shards for duping iron patriots,iron man,iron fist and anything else that wasn't starlord or majik back in the day.

Comments

• Savio444Savio444 Posts: 1,781 ★★★★

People have ranked up 6 star champs but only rank 2.
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    How long before we get 8* shards for those 7*s!?!?!

Why would you think anyone would have a clue? We can’t even rank up a 6* yet. Pfffffttt

• _ASDF_ wrote: »

Why would you think anyone would have a clue? We can’t even rank up a 6* yet. Pfffffttt

Yes you can rank up 6*... multiple YouTube videos showcasing them
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    CAUSE...back in the day we never thought 6* being in the game and 5* DUPES back then never gave out 6* shards.

so imagine all those poeple who got screwed back in the day not getting 6* shards for duping iron patriots,iron man,iron fist and anything else that wasn't starlord or majik back in the day.

Really. Smh
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    edited April 2018
    _ASDF_ wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCD0EcdKFAc
    @_ASDF_
    noone had a clue when 5* was released there was 6* coming. and 5* shards was so hard to get and the pool was really bad back in the day if u actually played.
    pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff back at you!
  • YotzYotz Posts: 117
    Couple of years and we should start getting them. Sit tight and get ready to ask for 8* shards that very same day.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Well if you look at the past you’ll see 7* shards when 7*s are announced.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Um....pretty sure 7*s are along way off, my friend. We haven't even had Act 6 released yet, and the highest you can Rank a 6* is R2.
  • Blax4everBlax4ever Posts: 683 ★★★
    My guess is August. They should be announcing the coming of 7* champs in August for 2019. This way everyone has plenty of time to accumulate 7* Shards by duping 6* champs.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    Look at how long 5* existed. We have a long long time to go my friends.
    Primmer79 wrote: »

now they are very easy to get nowadays shards wise

exactly. But think about how ridiculous it was way back when. I expect 6* to have the same progression. If they do, we're looking at like august 2019 before the announcement of 7*, and then february 2020 before we get 7*.
    edited April 2018

But think about how ridiculous it was way back when. I expect 6* to have the same progression. If they do, we're looking at like august 2019 before the announcement of 7*, and then february 2020 before we get 7*.

i know how it was back in the day just like how 4* are to easy to get and are basically handouts to new players, and the current 4* cutoffs are now a joke.

i did over 6mil on Nc arena from basic and missed out on him.

yea but imagine all the "dupe" 6* u get, so until 7* are release then u wont be gettingt any 7* shards from dupe 6*'s

but who knows. 7* may exist or not. just makes you think value of 5* was very high like a year ago, and my goal was to get my first R4...
  • AlCapone2727AlCapone2727 Posts: 428 ★★
    Please no
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,978 ★★★★★

As soon as there arent any RDT, nerf blade, and make missing OG champs available in 5/6* form, posts. Or possibly when Spidermans Sister is introduced into the game.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

exactly. But think about how ridiculous it was way back when. I expect 6* to have the same progression. If they do, we're looking at like august 2019 before the announcement of 7*, and then february 2020 before we get 7*.

Probably longer than that. 6* champs start at rank 1 comparable to rank 4 5* champs. 7* champs if and when they arrive will almost certainly follow a similar pattern. So unlike 5* champions that had an accelerated rank up schedule because they needed to be ranked up to at least rank 3 to be competitive with 4* rank 5 champions, 7* champions have no reason to exist until we can at least rank up 6* champions to rank 4 or 5 and there's not the same pressure to enable those rank ups as fast. We can't even rank them up past rank 2 at the moment.

First they enable 6* rank 3, then they enable 6* rank 4, and then sometime after that when a significant number of players have a significant number of rank 4 6* champs, that's the *earliest* you'll likely see 7* champs being seriously discussed. More likely you'll see 7* champs arrive around the same time the ability to rank 5 6* champions arrives, plus or minus. The absolute earliest I would expect that to happen is late-2020. I would not be at all surprised to reach 2021 without 7* champions in the game.
  • RichiesDad79RichiesDad79 Posts: 1,003 ★★★
    I hope it just ends at 6*. 1-5* was a good system. 6*s are a little bit ridiculous to me. Anything more than that would just be silly. Maybe by the time it happens I'll warm up to the idea.
  • cx234333cx234333 Posts: 111
    Um....pretty sure 7*s are along way off, my friend. We haven't even had Act 6 released yet, and the highest you can Rank a 6* is R2.

stop assuming act 6 will come out
    cx234333 wrote: »

stop assuming people want dead threads revived
  • cx234333cx234333 Posts: 111

but you are here

but you are here

I previously commented. a month ago.
  • ClintBeastwoodClintBeastwood Posts: 78
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

As soon as there arent any RDT, nerf blade, and make missing OG champs available in 5/6* form, posts. Or possibly when Spidermans Sister is introduced into the game.

Im curious as to why you would want spidermans sister to be added when we could supplement her with either taskmasters sisters or black video 6 stars???
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

Even though kabam themselves have told us act 6 will come out? The story literally says “to be concluded in act 6...”

Even though kabam themselves have told us act 6 will come out? The story literally says “to be concluded in act 6...”

take it easy on him. He probably hasn't finished act 4 and is making a post about asking for decreased energy costs
  • MhykkeMhykke Posts: 431 ★★★
    I hope it just ends at 6*. 1-5* was a good system. 6*s are a little bit ridiculous to me. Anything more than that would just be silly. Maybe by the time it happens I'll warm up to the idea.

Agreed....if 7 stars are a thing I think I'd just be over collecting champs at that point, and that's one of the biggest joys I get from the game.

• VoluntarisVoluntaris Posts: 1,198 ★★★
    when 10 star shards.
  • Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Weren’t 5* in the game for well over a year before 6* were announced? I would expect the same timeline of not longer for 7*
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Deadbyrd9 wrote: »
    Weren’t 5* in the game for well over a year before 6* were announced? I would expect the same timeline of not longer for 7*

I would expect the timeline for 7* champions, assuming they ever arrive, to be completely unrelated to the timeline for 5* champions and in any case much longer. They learned valuable lessons for what went wrong with 5* champions, the first of them being that because of the significant overlap in power between 4* and 5*, the first three rank up levels of 5* champions were, in progressional terms, mostly wasted: they only served to make 5* champions roughly equal to the 5/50 4* champions that were already fairly common. 6* champions are immediately useful as comparable to 4/55 5* champions without even any rank up catalysts, which means Kabam can take their time slowly releasing the materials necessary to rank them up at all.

So 7* champions don't even have to be considered until we can rank 6* champions up to at least rank 4, possibly rank 5, which I don't expect to happen any time soon because there's no significant pressure to release the ability to do so.