**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What’s The Worst Synergy In MCOC?

My_SuperiorMy_Superior Posts: 2,086 ★★★★
What synergy do you feel is the most useless, irrelevant, or uncalled for synergy in the Contest of Champions?

Comments

• Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    Green goblin and the spider mans. The spider mans get slightly more power from critical hits, which is useless. Also useless is green goblin and electro. Electro gains an attack boost while shocked. Not that many champs have shock, so its also useless
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    The Perfect Block synergy. Only really worth a few extra PI in arenas...
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    For me it’s Doc Oc’s Biochemistry synergy...
    4deoyiy6n893.png
    The Chemistry breakthrough is the worst one to start a fight with in part because a heal block is nearly useless at the start of a fight and it prevents Doc from using his more powerful breakthroughs; Physics for Power-Lock and Biology for Armor Up. This synergy makes Doctor Octopus a worse character overall. Ant-Man on the other hand gets a very minor buff to his defensive ability; He only reflects 40% of the damage from a Glancing Hit that makes physical contact (Glancing Hits deal 50% reduced damage and cannot crit). To top it off, Synergies do not work on Alliance War Defence.

Parry>heavy to clear the debuff (healblock in this case) then hit in their block = power locked.

Parry+heavy can be done over and over to gain power while opponents wont and build to sp3 that way. Try it out.
  • shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    Kabam Miike and the Forum Users.

Ok, firstly, thanks for making me laugh
    Secondly, I believe you are saying this with ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD! :)
    Thirdly, I forgot what is my 3rd point after laughing too much depriving my brain of oxygen
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    edited April 2018
    4deoyiy6n893.png
    The Chemistry breakthrough is the worst one to start a fight with in part because a heal block is nearly useless at the start of a fight and it prevents Doc from using his more powerful breakthroughs; Physics for Power-Lock and Biology for Armor Up. This synergy makes Doctor Octopus a worse character overall. Ant-Man on the other hand gets a very minor buff to his defensive ability; He only reflects 40% of the damage from a Glancing Hit that makes physical contact (Glancing Hits deal 50% reduced damage and cannot crit). To top it off, Synergies do not work on Alliance War Defence.

What a noob, you clearly didnt used doc occ in war against arc overload which there are so many in places
    Even a miniboss included
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    4deoyiy6n893.png

Parry>heavy to clear the debuff (healblock in this case) then hit in their block = power locked.

Parry+heavy can be done over and over to gain power while opponents wont and build to sp3 that way. Try it out.

Everything you said is true but it does not conflict with what I said; When Doc Oc starts the fight with a parry he will get a Heal Block (thanks to his signature ability) so in that case the synergy is still making Doc Oc sacrifice damage to remove the Chemistry Breakthrough should he want to apply a Power Lock and there’s no guarantee that a parry can be used at the start of a fight nor can it against a stun immune opponent.

No actually you get bonus damage for landing a heavy per category at 100... The heavy does quite a lot of damage. If they are stun immune then bait the heavy and counter back with a heavy yourself.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    4deoyiy6n893.png

Isn't this useful in LOL/ROL for X-23/ Wolvie? Keep the healblock spams up the whole match, no regen..
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,566 ★★★★★
    All of the unique synergies that don’t work in AW
  • ZzyzxGuyZzyzxGuy Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    shchong2 wrote: »
    ZzyzxGuy wrote: »
    Kabam Miike and the Forum Users.

Ok, firstly, thanks for making me laugh
    Secondly, I believe you are saying this with ALL THE LOVE IN THE WORLD! :)
    Thirdly, I forgot what is my 3rd point after laughing too much depriving my brain of oxygen

Glad I could help :)