**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Was nerfing sw and strange a joke??????

Kabam claimed when nerfing SW and strange (right after selling us mystic rank up packages), that the reason was to have players not continuously only ranking specific champs. Then changed AW for the same reason.

All that and yet every war looks exactly like this

flcnx24vlo5x.jpg
3rsq4ye2h3r3.jpg

It's a giant kick to the balls for anyone that champs that used to be good and got nerfed, that only the lucky and/or rich have the ability to fly through everything on the game.

If you are going let the blade trinity continue, why the hell did you nerf all the other champs(that weren't as good as blade is now), and why the hell can that Richard be obtained as a 5*?
«13

Comments

  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,768 ★★★★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    Kabam claimed when nerfing SW and strange (right after selling us mystic rank up packages), that the reason was to have players not continuously only ranking specific champs. Then changed AW for the same reason.

    All that and yet every war looks exactly like this

    flcnx24vlo5x.jpg
    3rsq4ye2h3r3.jpg

    It's a giant kick to the balls for anyone that champs that used to be good and got nerfed, that only the lucky and/or rich have the ability to fly through everything on the game.

    If you are going let the blade trinity continue, why the hell did you nerf all the other champs(that weren't as good as blade is now), and why the hell can that Richard be obtained as a 5*?

    Would you be saying the same thing if everyone had 5/65 5* Magiks? Or Iceman? Are you only saying this because you don't have blade? There were other highly used champs before blade but there wasn't anyone posting about it. Only because blade is still hard to get, people get mad. Later, there will be another champ everyone wants. Just play the game and worry about your champs.
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,230 ★★★★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    The reason wasn’t that everyone was ranking the same people, it was that new content had to be made so it was difficult for the god tier champions but that meant the new content was so hard that anyone without them wouldn’t have had a chance to complete it.

    Anything blade can do, someone else can also do. Dormamu counter, any power control champ is alright, magik or gladiator hulk are the best non blade. Magik counter, any power control champ. Mephisto counter, iceman/ red hulk/ Void.

    Anyone Blade can beat in the game, someone else can do it. Blade is just very good at what he does, I still wouldn’t take him for every fight. Scarlet witch pre 12.0 however, she just stun locked/ power locked/ regenned through every fight. She was so OP it was crazy.

    You never had fights where she wouldn't proc?

    I know I did... His regen is controllable and never fails, same with danger sense

    Also there are plenty of champs/ nodes where debuts, buffs and stun get you killed, none of which would stop blade... you can choose not to parry or launch specials therefore you don't have to bleed the opponent.

    With a crit team? I wouldn’t say never, but it didn’t matter, and it wasn’t often at all. Because any mistake you made, or any time you got unlucky, 15 hits later you’d be back at full health. There is no chance id ever choose blade over pre 12.0 scarlet witch. It was very rare she wouldn’t proc in an entire fight.

    Blade’s regen never fails? It relies on power. If you don’t have power, his regen fails. You have to hold block, if you take too much block damage then it fails. His danger sense? It’s good against I’m estimating half the champions in the game, so what? Witch was incredible against all of them. It has a 40% reduction, ok, witch was so good she didn’t need ability reduction. She healed the damage back that she sustained due to the lack of ability accuracy reduction or she stunned or powerlocked them so much it didn’t matter.

    In your last paragraph, ok. But what’s your point? I’m not denying blade is good, he’s awesome. But he’s not as overpowered as scarlet witch was. Content can be done without him and kabam don’t need to create content specifically against him. We haven’t had an anti blade node yet created just for him. Bleed immune nodes and heal block have been around for a while. Scarlet witch, Thor, strange etc all had safeguard created for them, and SW specifically had “dulled” which reduced crit rate by 50% for each buff on her, or debuff on opponent.

  • LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    To answer the second part, he’s a 5* because every newly released champ is a 5*. Now moving forward, every newly released champ will be a 6* while we may wait a long time (or forever) for blade/Spark/etc to be 6*.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    The reason wasn’t that everyone was ranking the same people, it was that new content had to be made so it was difficult for the god tier champions but that meant the new content was so hard that anyone without them wouldn’t have had a chance to complete it.

    Anything blade can do, someone else can also do. Dormamu counter, any power control champ is alright, magik or gladiator hulk are the best non blade. Magik counter, any power control champ. Mephisto counter, iceman/ red hulk/ Void.

    Anyone Blade can beat in the game, someone else can do it. Blade is just very good at what he does, I still wouldn’t take him for every fight. Scarlet witch pre 12.0 however, she just stun locked/ power locked/ regenned through every fight. She was so OP it was crazy.

    You never had fights where she wouldn't proc?

    I know I did... His regen is controllable and never fails, same with danger sense

    Also there are plenty of champs/ nodes where debuts, buffs and stun get you killed, none of which would stop blade... you can choose not to parry or launch specials therefore you don't have to bleed the opponent.

    With a crit team? I wouldn’t say never, but it didn’t matter, and it wasn’t often at all. Because any mistake you made, or any time you got unlucky, 15 hits later you’d be back at full health. There is no chance id ever choose blade over pre 12.0 scarlet witch. It was very rare she wouldn’t proc in an entire fight.

    Blade’s regen never fails? It relies on power. If you don’t have power, his regen fails. You have to hold block, if you take too much block damage then it fails. His danger sense? It’s good against I’m estimating half the champions in the game, so what? Witch was incredible against all of them. It has a 40% reduction, ok, witch was so good she didn’t need ability reduction. She healed the damage back that she sustained due to the lack of ability accuracy reduction or she stunned or powerlocked them so much it didn’t matter.

    In your last paragraph, ok. But what’s your point? I’m not denying blade is good, he’s awesome. But he’s not as overpowered as scarlet witch was. Content can be done without him and kabam don’t need to create content specifically against him. We haven’t had an anti blade node yet created just for him. Bleed immune nodes and heal block have been around for a while. Scarlet witch, Thor, strange etc all had safeguard created for them, and SW specifically had “dulled” which reduced crit rate by 50% for each buff on her, or debuff on opponent.

    MIC DROP!

    Seriously the damage output of SW and Thor pre-12.0 was insane. I wasn't around, so I can only go off YouTube videos, but let me know when Blade can just parry 5 times and do an sp2 with 100k crits (Thor) and gain regen, stacks of cruelty/fury to get massive damage too (SW). I own both now, and I compare to the 12.0 nerf. While SW still hits well, it's def not the same, and DEF DEF not the same as Thor's old hits.

    Know how many times I get clipped focusing on just regen'ing Blade? A lot (cheap and stubborn).

    SW is my early Act 5 hero, though. Thor I haven't ranked up yet...there's a reason these champs aren't in the 5*s...
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    A lot of people don't realize Blade is the perfect swiss army knife for all of our complains for mystic wars. Yes, he's good elsewhere, but war is where he shines

    Pre-nerf SW was EVERYWHERE. People would solo the hardest content with her and a synergy team. She was just about the only champ who could do a legend run.

    In most cases, I'd put Sparky above blade.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    It's am am amazing to me that these comments don't seem to address the main point of my starting this thread

    Kabam claimed nerfs and changes where based on people only ranking certain champs. And this claim was made multiple times including just prior to the release of blade(who everyone ranks and brings on attack).

    At least the old "god champs " were champS, not the one and only champ that anyone talks about it uses for everything

    You got an answer and replied to @BitterSteel , but didn't they get nerfed because their damage was too powerful? I wouldn't nerf someone because 90% of people use them, you still use other champs. I would nerf because the champs that did get nerfed were putting up 100k damage with little effort.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    It's am am amazing to me that these comments don't seem to address the main point of my starting this thread

    Kabam claimed nerfs and changes where based on people only ranking certain champs. And this claim was made multiple times including just prior to the release of blade(who everyone ranks and brings on attack).

    At least the old "god champs " were champS, not the one and only champ that anyone talks about it uses for everything

    These champs were god tier.
    Content designed to make it a challenge for the god tiers
    No other champ could complete it.

    That is why they did this. They changed how the game worked slightly. Like an earlier post said, everything Blade can do, someone else can do better, and he doesnt do it to all champs. We see Blade's mugshot a lot because he's also high in prestige.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,768 ★★★★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    It's am am amazing to me that these comments don't seem to address the main point of my starting this thread

    Kabam claimed nerfs and changes where based on people only ranking certain champs. And this claim was made multiple times including just prior to the release of blade(who everyone ranks and brings on attack).

    At least the old "god champs " were champS, not the one and only champ that anyone talks about it uses for everything

    Dude, you don't seem to know the motives behind the 12.0 nerf. It was NEVER because people were only ranking "certain" champs. Their mechanics were to OP.
    Being able to beat WS in 10 hits with Thor pre 12.0 was OP. Blade can't do that.
    Being able to beat act 4 with a 3* SW pre 12.0 due to infinite regen was OP. Blade can't infinite regen. (Only to 70% with having a power bar) SW's regen didn't cost her a thing.
    DS having one of the most powerful SP2's while under fury and his regen were OP.
    BW being able to shut everything down all the time was to OP.
    It's not a matter of people only ranking those champs. They only wanted to rank them due to their OP nature. They weren't good for the flow of the game. THAT's the reason for the nerf. YOU need to get your facts straight.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,768 ★★★★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    Kabam claimed when nerfing SW and strange (right after selling us mystic rank up packages), that the reason was to have players not continuously only ranking specific champs. Then changed AW for the same reason.

    All that and yet every war looks exactly like this

    flcnx24vlo5x.jpg
    3rsq4ye2h3r3.jpg

    It's a giant kick to the balls for anyone that champs that used to be good and got nerfed, that only the lucky and/or rich have the ability to fly through everything on the game.

    If you are going let the blade trinity continue, why the hell did you nerf all the other champs(that weren't as good as blade is now), and why the hell can that Richard be obtained as a 5*?

    Would you be saying the same thing if everyone had 5/65 5* Magiks? Or Iceman? Are you only saying this because you don't have blade? There were other highly used champs before blade but there wasn't anyone posting about it. Only because blade is still hard to get, people get mad. Later, there will be another champ everyone wants. Just play the game and worry about your champs.

    I love how people make assumptions about people's accounts because they have a problem with the game.

    I do have blade, sl, AA, and plenty of other "coveted champs " but the fact is that AW is broken because of this! Anyone in platinum or even gold 1 knows this.. im sorry if your account/alliance is to small, you haven't played endgame, you need your blade(crutch), or you're just oblivous to the facts surrounding the current state of the game.

    So you are one of the people that "have blade but don't use him out of principle"? Or did you rank Magik and now that shes not as useful on defense you are pissed off? Did you invest in MD5 and now in your mind it's not worth as much? AW isn't broken because of Blade, it's just going in a different direction. There are counters being introduced all the time. Try fighting Cable on power gain with blade and tell me how easy it is. Both Proxima Midnight and Glaive are Blade counters. Neither register as villains so Blade can't counter them. There will be more to balance it out. Blade is a great champ but relies heavily on synergies to be great. He doesn't belong in the same conversation as the pre 12.0 nerfed champs.
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    They both needed to be nerfed
  • KML15KML15 Posts: 139
    And SW is still OP
  • MMCskippyMMCskippy Posts: 352 ★★
    SW and Thor were champs that had "nuke" capabilities pre 12.0... especially SW on a crit team at Level 99... (at level 99 her chaos magic had 100% chance to proc on a crit hit but, unsurprisingly, it wouldn't proc 100% of the time). What people seem to forget: t4cs were almost non-existent. Getting an R5 4* champ was HARD... As we were heading toward the nerf, it was a lot easier to R5 a 4* champ and that's why the nerf happened.

    I do think a lot of modern champs can deal SW style damage, but not easily. SW could deal that damage with straight play, currently, you have to do a bunch of baloney in a certain order to get the damage. Sparky deals tons of damage, take the time to stack up buffs and you get to deal tons of damage, but you have 2-6 other variables influencing damage (ability accuracy modifiers, block penetration modifiers, etc) that you didn't have pre-12.0 which I would argue help to make the modern champs more OP AGAINST CURRENT TOP END CONTENT than even if Thor, SW and DS were returned to their pre-12.0 glory (especially in the case of DS, I can't believe they haven't returned him to his former status because he seems to fit the modern OP champ model of having to play with proper timing to maximize his abilities.

    Thor was awesomely OP and he was hard AF to dupe. People think Blade is hard to get! There were no featured crystals. Arenas were tougher for the average dope. The drop rates were as **** as they are now, and pulling Thor or SW or DS were super rare. Another difference: the 3* versions of Thor and SW and DS could do a lot of content with skillful game play.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    edited April 2018
    Dude, you are too ignorant. I don't need to be around to see the visual and obvious reasons for the nerfs. @Demonzfyre laid it all out for you. Blade as a 3* can't do what SW did in act 4. Blade can't regen past 70%, Blade can't kill WS in 10 hits...etc etc etc..you're just not accepting these comments (and you'll never get a confirmation from Kabam). It seems @Demonzfyre is right, and either you're salty about MD, or high ranking Magiks, etc. My blade can't do poop against Cable and his DS only applies to all bad guys with GR being tagged a long.
  • IronFist34IronFist34 Posts: 386 ★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    It's ok,

    The koolaid will always be available for those willing to drink


    Don't worry your blades won't get nerfed for a little while yet. And replaced by new champs, but it will happen, and then everyone can put their resources into a new champ.... because this is the model they go by

    They already are silently nerfing him. PM and CG don't have villain tags..
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,230 ★★★★★
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    IronFist34 wrote: »
    EvilAsh wrote: »
    It's ok,

    The koolaid will always be available for those willing to drink


    Don't worry your blades won't get nerfed for a little while yet. And replaced by new champs, but it will happen, and then everyone can put their resources into a new champ.... because this is the model they go by

    They already are silently nerfing him. PM and CG don't have villain tags..

    They aren't villians they are henchmen... pay attention

    The two aren’t mutually exclusive
Sign In or Register to comment.