**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How good is Yondu?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I just got a 5 Star Yondu and I am not sure what rank and level he is worth taking up to and how good he is in general.

Comments

• Options
    KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    Any thoughts on where to use him and what to level him up to?
  • Options
    HeroBoltsyHeroBoltsy Posts: 785 ★★★
    He's pretty solid; not god-tier, mind you, but versatile on both AW Defense and for general questing. Good utility with the debuffs, doesn't need to be duped. Congrats!
  • Options
    MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    I really like mine. Currently unduped at 3/45. He can crit through blocks and inflict bleed or armour break (for bleed immune opponents) through blocks as well which is really handy on offence and the right nodes for defence. His bleed damage is decent, his sp1 has excellent heal block. 100% chance to heal block for 10 seconds or 20 seconds if they have an active regen buff like wolverine. Passive regen like green goblin or willpower will be 10 seconds which is still plenty usually. Sp1 also increases ability accuracy by 100% which means you’re more likely to bleed or armour break them with it. Heavy attacks give a 50% increase. Sp2 increases for every special the opponent uses in a match. 15 is the maximum number of specials before it caps out. So the damage from that can be quite good. Sp3 prevents abilities from being triggered next time the opponent uses a special as well, I’ll be honest I rarely use this but it’s there should you need it. Could be good against deadpool or someone who has nasty debuffs from a third special if they hit 3 bars. Another thing is his sort of built in collar tech. Each debuff he has on the opponent reduces their power gain by 10% up to 50%. Not amazing but gives you a bit of extra time before you need to bait specials.

Should you dupe him at some point he’ll automatically inflict weakness on his opponent when they use a special. It happens before the special connects reducing its damage in case you make a mistake or need to block it. So not a champ that relies on being duped like scarlet witch for example. Overall, great champ imo, was an excellent Sabretooth killer on last month’s quest.
  • Options
    Isman1998Isman1998 Posts: 520 ★★★
    Yondu is great. I fortunately have a 6 star Yondu and he is so great. Bleed/Armor break is awesome and being able to put on those effects while the opponent is blocking is also amazing. He can steal armor ups and Iceman's Ice Armor so that is also very good. The Heal Block he gets is also very useful. To me he is just an all around great champion. Rank him up you won't be disappointed.
  • Options
    Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    I would take a 5* to R3 if you have the T4CCs. I wouldn't take him to R4 though. His L1 has its uses. He was my MVP for Uncollected against Sabretooth! Definitely has some utility with his L1.