**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Introducing: The Calculator

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
It’s been a long sore: players get a new champion and wonder how much xp and cash it would cost to upgrade it, what the attributes would be and how this new champion would fare in a battle.

That’s why I suggest to add a new aspect to the game: The Calculator. The Calculator is an Einstein-like in-game only character. He has a Phd in Championology and advises The Collector about champions. He can be accessed in the Champions tab, somewhere in the bottom-right corner. Clicking on him opens a new interface.

In this interface, you can put up to three of your champions side-by-side, either showing attributes or abilities. However, you can also ask The Calculator to calculate. The calculation can show you the attributes of a champion based upon the tier, rank, level or signature level of your choosing (provided you have that champion in some way). What is the hero rating, attack, health or critical hit score of a maxed out 4* sig 99 Gamora? With one push of the button The Calculator gives you that.

The Calculator can do so much more. He also can simulate an entire fight. Go to simulation mode. In there, you can put one of your champions against a simulated one. You can choose the stats of the champion, the difficulty of the AI and which node boosts it has. This fight is entirely free, it is purely meant for you to train without any cost. Having difficulties with a boss? Train in the simulation different strategies before you try it for real.

It is up to Kabam to decide if such fights should be rewarded: cash or a new type of tokens. Maybe a community aspect could be added, so players can have an accessible in-game platform to share hints & tips.

I think this would be a great addition to the game: it gives players more know-how to base their decisions on and give them to opportunity to learn tremendous amount of game play. New or old players, everyone could use The Calculator.

What do you think?

Comments

• Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Great idea.

...how does this give Kabam money again?
  • charaderdude2charaderdude2 Posts: 1,530 ★★★
    Cats73 wrote: »
    Great idea.

By making it cost units or money to unlock?
  • ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Great idea.

NOOO, don't encourage them. This is a great idea.
    Great idea.

NOOO, don't encourage them. This is a great idea.

Units,Then.Great Idea,it is,lol
  • 2nd_slingshot2nd_slingshot Posts: 233
    Won't happen. If a practice mode is put in game, people will die less to specific champions. Which reduced amount of revives and potions spent.
    Won't happen. If a practice mode is put in game, people will die less to specific champions. Which reduced amount of revives and potions spent.

Their main source of income is crystals,
    Also,I don't think anyone would spend real money to get units for revives and potions anyway.
  • Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    Great idea.

It are the new and inexperienced players that benefit most of The Calculator. Putting barriers would defeat its purpose.
    You can literally get a free healing potion every 4 hours. Clearly, Kabam knows people don't spend RL money on potions.
    Great idea.

Customer satisfaction.
    Great idea.

It are the new and inexperienced players that benefit most of The Calculator. Putting barriers would defeat its purpose.

Ya gotta look at at some ways in which it's reasonable for kabam and the players,
    So...A 7 day free trial,and THEN units or money to unlock permanently?
    edited April 2018
    Great idea.

Ya gotta look at at some ways in which it's reasonable for kabam and the players,
    How about that the simulation room is free, but the calculation of the stats requires payment to unlock? Like you need to pay to unlock 1*, then you can unlock 2*, then 3* etc.
    Great idea.

How about that the simulation room is free, but the calculation of the stats requires payment to unlock?

Seems good too...(They could do it the other way around too)
    Also,How about adding an ability to create new nodes in there?
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    One of the above comments is correct why would there be a practise training mode (which I love the idea of by the way) that will allow us to train and know exactly what to with our champions so easily for free. It does not benefit them at all. I can see so many cost requirements put in place just to test out our champions.
    Great idea.

How about that the simulation room is free, but the calculation of the stats requires payment to unlock?

I think that would take too much development time (the potential combinations are near infinite).
    Great idea.

I think that would take too much development time (the potential combinations are near infinite).

It can be limited to be
    Basic concepts of the game,Not new nodes doing new things,
    Just a way to mix em up.(And create champ specific nodes)
    One of the above comments is correct why would there be a practise training mode (which I love the idea of by the way) that will allow us to train and know exactly what to with our champions so easily for free. It does not benefit them at all. I can see so many cost requirements put in place just to test out our champions.
    I can't honestly don't think they should not. It is not intended to give any reward, so why shouldn't it be free? I guess you should pay to unlock certain tiers and maybe some specific bosses (Maestro is a likely candidate), but that's it.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I like the simulation idea but I doubt it would happen before bases with all of this content they’re pushing...oh well. Beggars can’t be choosers amirite 😆
    I like the simulation idea but I doubt it would happen before bases with all of this content they’re pushing...oh well. Beggars can’t be choosers amirite 😆
    IMO I'd rather have Kabam fixate on long-term content than nice monthly events.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    Like the idea, but realistically, it wouldn't be called the Calculator. All playable and non-playable characters are based on marvel characters (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), and since the Calculator isn't a marvel character, it'll probably not be named that. Might just be called Training Mode or something.

Love the idea though :)
    Like the idea, but realistically, it wouldn't be called the Calculator. All playable and non-playable characters are based on marvel characters (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), and since the Calculator isn't a marvel character, it'll probably not be named that. Might just be called Training Mode or something.

Love the idea though :)
    Probably, but it seems consistent with the game. Sometimes rules need to be broken.
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    no need to break that rule. just let an already existing marvel character be in charge of the room.

Professor X is a good candidate. after all, not only is he literally a teacher, he also literally owns a training room
    Now I feel so dumb.
    No need to feel bad. You came up with the whole idea after all.

• AraevinAraevin Posts: 15
    Uh, have you heard of duels? Free fights against champions you struggle against. Doesn’t have nodes cause that’s what adds challenge to the game. If you can practise as many times as you’d like before you take on a quest, there’s no challenge/risk in the quest anymore. How is that fun?
    Araevin wrote: »
    Uh, have you heard of duels? Free fights against champions you struggle against. Doesn’t have nodes cause that’s what adds challenge to the game. If you can practise as many times as you’d like before you take on a quest, there’s no challenge/risk in the quest anymore. How is that fun?

I do agree that this is a similar thing to the idea this whole string is about, but the new mode was supposed to let you choose the difficulty of the champ you go up against, something that is not easily possible in duels. Also, there would still be challenge in quests, as a strong enemy will still put up a fight no matter how prepared you may or may not be.
  • AraevinAraevin Posts: 15

I do agree that this is a similar thing to the idea this whole string is about, but the new mode was supposed to let you choose the difficulty of the champ you go up against, something that is not easily possible in duels. Also, there would still be challenge in quests, as a strong enemy will still put up a fight no matter how prepared you may or may not be.

Plenty of ways to find champs around the difficulty you’re looking for. Alliance mates, general chat, friends, leaderboards - all allow you to find the champ you're looking to practice against plus I think if you search, you’ll probably find a list of champs with easy and hard duels on reddit/ClanHQ. I agree setting the difficulty would be a lot easier but do you really need the precision for an exact level or sig level of a champ?

As far as the challenge in quests is concerned, it would definitely make questing a lot easier if you can practice several times before you enter them — you’re saving energy and potions because you’ll die less often on challenging nodes. Takes away the resource management aspect of the game.

I do like the idea of checking prestige/atk/health before ranking/leveling up.
    edited April 2018
    Yeah, let the RNG God choose your fight... Nope, the whole point of this is the ability to choose your fight, not to wait for the right champion with the right difficulty to come by.
    edited April 2018

Plenty of ways to find champs around the difficulty you’re looking for. Alliance mates, general chat, friends, leaderboards - all allow you to find the champ you're looking to practice against plus I think if you search, you’ll probably find a list of champs with easy and hard duels on reddit/ClanHQ. I agree setting the difficulty would be a lot easier but do you really need the precision for an exact level or sig level of a champ?

As far as the challenge in quests is concerned, it would definitely make questing a lot easier if you can practice several times before you enter them — you’re saving energy and potions because you’ll die less often on challenging nodes. Takes away the resource management aspect of the game.

I do like the idea of checking prestige/atk/health before ranking/leveling up.
    Sorry, that is just a stupid suggestion. You shouldn't beg half the world just so you can train. That's plain ridiculous.

This game is so you can win, why would it be bad if you can train? If it really hurts Kabam, they can make some bosses requiring a fee (so you burn resources a different way).

Thanks for supporting half of my suggestion.