**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Account Sharing [Merged Threads]

14567810Β»

Comments

• gatra_hpgatra_hp Posts: 98 β˜…
    i have a question, if i have an account and i am using it with 2 devices, will i get banned?
    @Kabam Miike
  • StolenNameGuyStolenNameGuy Posts: 36 β˜…
    I'm not holding my breath waiting for any meaningful action against account sharing from Kabam. When they throw around a word like 'egregious', it's a clear sign that they're leaving themselves a way out for when they decide not to take action against particular individuals...for whatever reason they choose.

They will tell you that the results of their new stance on account sharing are secret. 'Privacy' prevents them from identifying people who get banned. Funny how it's okay to identify (and humiliate) people who are banned on the forum by replacing their avatar, but not okay to identify people banned in game.
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I'm not holding my breath waiting for any meaningful action against account sharing from Kabam. When they throw around a word like 'egregious', it's a clear sign that they're leaving themselves a way out for when they decide not to take action against particular individuals...for whatever reason they choose.

They will tell you that the results of their new stance on account sharing are secret. 'Privacy' prevents them from identifying people who get banned. Funny how it's okay to identify (and humiliate) people who are banned on the forum by replacing their avatar, but not okay to identify people banned in game.

Dude, spot on.
  • 4Never4Never Posts: 84 β˜…
    The amount of content in the game doesn't justify cheating. The rules are clear. Account Sharing is against the rules.

let's give an example ... Let's suggest that you are a leader / officer of an alliance a friend of yours who plays it suffers an accident. He is one of the best players there and will not play for a while. Will you do what? Are you going to kick him out? Or will you help him pilot his account in the AQs / AWs? If you have friends in your alliance you will surely want to help him. The game sometimes forces you to be individualistic but I think if we are in an alliance between friends, who is a real friend helps.

That's what happens when you have an accident. Your life kind of stops. Assuming that friend has a job, guess what, I'm sure they wont be going to it the next day or extended period of time, and also won't get a paycheck. Life gives you hell sometimes and that affects what you get out of it, including competitive gaming/sports.

***** However, the real (and essentially the only) point of the most recent announcement by Kabam is the effect of piloting in Alliance War, a very competitive aspect of the game, and it's significant season rewards. Piloting, specifically where a few very skilled players in an alliance can run many/most of the accounts in a war and create a very unfair advantage over the opposing alliance. That's the issue at hand. What happens to players/people in their life (getting sick, going on vacation, etc) is really of no concern to Kabam (my opinion), but Kabam is concerned and is obligated to address cheating in a game that they have created (and players invest their time into) - the competitive integrity of their system. *****
  • Hey All,

Account Sharing is against our terms of service, and always has been. We understand that this might come as a shock to some players, but this is something that many players have been discussing since the beginning of Alliance Wars Season 1, if not long before. It is not fair to allow some players to break the Terms of Service, while others that are playing legitimately are at a disadvantage.

You are allowed to have more than one account, and as long as you are playing your own accounts, you do not have to worry. If you're not breaking the Terms of Service here, you shouldn't be worried.

Hahaha, this is a complete lie. Kabam has been penalizing alliances that have multiple accounts for awhile now. Their weak algorithm can’t distinguish multiple accounts that one person has versus piloting and they need to get this corrected ASAP. I personally run 10 of my very own accounts in one ally where we run 1 bg Wars and Kabam has taken away war rating points and demoted us in AW seasons ranking. The first time they did it, I was surprised AF and wrote them and complained. They did nothing to fix it. They just recently did it to our ally again and now I am beyond pissed. We do not account share! These are my accounts that I built up and put a ton of time into. I wanted to have the ability to do war and AQ on a one bg level and not have to worry about other members in the ally if I needed a break or whatever. So after a lot of time and effort, we are back to square one. No TOS violation, yet we are continually being penalized. This latest penalty took 450 points off our war rating and dropped us down two levels in season 2. We are not a big ally, just play for fun, but this game is no longer fun at all to be honest. I am done with the kabam bs. Stop penalizing people who are not violating the terms of service you morons.

Fortnite anyone??? F Kabam!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Hey All,

Account Sharing is against our terms of service, and always has been. We understand that this might come as a shock to some players, but this is something that many players have been discussing since the beginning of Alliance Wars Season 1, if not long before. It is not fair to allow some players to break the Terms of Service, while others that are playing legitimately are at a disadvantage.

You are allowed to have more than one account, and as long as you are playing your own accounts, you do not have to worry. If you're not breaking the Terms of Service here, you shouldn't be worried.

Hahaha, this is a complete lie. Kabam has been penalizing alliances that have multiple accounts for awhile now. Their weak algorithm can’t distinguish multiple accounts that one person has versus piloting and they need to get this corrected ASAP. I personally run 10 of my very own accounts in one ally where we run 1 bg Wars and Kabam has taken away war rating points and demoted us in AW seasons ranking. The first time they did it, I was surprised AF and wrote them and complained. They did nothing to fix it. They just recently did it to our ally again and now I am beyond pissed. We do not account share! These are my accounts that I built up and put a ton of time into. I wanted to have the ability to do war and AQ on a one bg level and not have to worry about other members in the ally if I needed a break or whatever. So after a lot of time and effort, we are back to square one. No TOS violation, yet we are continually being penalized. This latest penalty took 450 points off our war rating and dropped us down two levels in season 2. We are not a big ally, just play for fun, but this game is no longer fun at all to be honest. I am done with the kabam bs. Stop penalizing people who are not violating the terms of service you morons.

Fortnite anyone??? F Kabam!

As much as there are no rules agaisnt that, it's verging on unfair gameplay to be honest.
    Question, what's the difference between coming up agaisnt an Ally that Pilots, and coming up agaisnt an Ally run by one person?
    edited June 2018
    Legistically, there is a difference in that we were allowed to have multiple Accounts. However, one highly skilled individual running an entire Alliance verges on unfair gameplay in my mind.
  • MyselfandiMyselfandi Posts: 165 β˜…
    edited June 2018
    I read a post somewhere stating kabam should allow and extra 2 or 3 slots in alliances for when people either go on vacation or are unable to play. I have shared my info with a member so he could play for me while i went on a cruise for 9 days. I think it is a great idea.
    If you're unable to play, you're unable to get Rewards.

It's not about the rewards. I couldn't give a sh** about losing out on rewards. It's more about letting the team down. Having one player short leaves them open for a loss. Having extras in the alliance saves people account sharing in situations like holidays n stuff.

It's not about the rewards. I couldn't give a sh** about losing out on rewards. It's more about letting the team down. Having one player short leaves them open for a loss. Having extras in the alliance saves people account sharing in situations like holidays n stuff.

It's a game. If life comes first, that has to be the way it is. It's not fair to expect to cheat just because you have things going on. That Ally, as well as the Account, is earning Rewards unfairly. If someone can't play, they can't play. They'll have to work around being down one man. As far as I'm concerned, if they can't understand that people have things to do, there's no comradery at all. Just a focus on Rewards. Any real Ally should be understanding when people are busy. Otherwise, their loyalty is not to the people, just the game.

It's a game. If life comes first, that has to be the way it is. It's not fair to expect to cheat just because you have things going on. That Ally, as well as the Account, is earning Rewards unfairly. If someone can't play, they can't play. They'll have to work around being down one man. As far as I'm concerned, if they can't understand that people have things to do, there's no comradery at all. Just a focus on Rewards. Any real Ally should be understanding when people are busy. Otherwise, their loyalty is not to the people, just the game.

Oh. So you want leaders to be understanding but not kabam. Gotcha

Oh. So you want leaders to be understanding but not kabam. Gotcha

You mean understanding to breaking the rules because of fear of missing out? Yes. People play fairly while others break the rules. If people are busy, they can't play. Simple as that.
  • CyberAttackCyberAttack Posts: 8 β˜…
    1Marve1 wrote: Β»
    1Marve1 wrote: Β»
    What if you use multiple devices? how would that work? I go from tablet, to phone, to ipod, to another tablet lol....

Multiple devices and multiple accounts are allowed. You just can't play on an account that doesn't belong to you

Yes, but what I'm saying is how can they tell the difference between having multiple devices and account sharing?

We can, but we're not going to be discussing our methods.

We have been penalised twice for account sharing, the first time we found out that one of our members(who works for the emergency services), was called into work as an emergency to save lives,and wouldn't of had time to finish the war, so his best mate moved him up, maybe we should of told him SAVING lives was not important but playing mcoc is. We realised that we couldn't do this again no matter what happens, so it was agreed we will wait for him or lose the war as we didn't want to lose our place in silver 1(As you stopped us making it to gold3), we had to fight back to back wars to get us to silver 1, we end the season about 1300 place in silver1 for you to accuse us again and you dropped us down to silver2. WE DIDNT ACCOUNT SHARE, give us our rewards we earned
  • CyberAttackCyberAttack Posts: 8 β˜…
    Dj_mph wrote: Β»
    So i can’t log in to my 13 year olds son account ever? Even as a parent @Kabam Miike
    Or because he is a minor the account is actually mine anyways? Correct

That's like me I have created 9 accounts for my family. 2 for my 9 yearold (i didnt realise there was an age limit, so i have taken over the accounts until he gets older)2 for my 14 year old, 1 for my other son, 4 accounts are mine, all the accounts are on 1 device, as my 2 younger children broke there tablets, my older son's tablet is too slow and laggy, so they all use my phone to fight, so does that mean I can not let them use my device as it will be classed as acount sharing
    If you have enough Accounts to spam the Forum with, perhaps it's a problem. Lol.
    Bottom line is, I think leading an entire Ally, or even BG, with one person running multiple Accounts is not the spirit of fair play. That's my opinion, regardless of the rules. As for Account Sharing, it is agasint the rules, whether people justify it by helping or not.
  • GwendolineGwendoline Posts: 945 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Ad0ra has commented on the past that, being a parent, logging into your kids account isn't punishable. However, she made it clear that playing the game for your kids is. When logging into the account of your kids to check up on their messages you're being an involved parent, when playing their game you're cheating.

I advice parents to not let their kid be in an alliance that's more time demanding then you want your kid to play.
    edited June 2018
    Good advice.
  • Dragon_AngelDragon_Angel Posts: 1 β˜…
    Hey All,

You are allowed to have more than one account, and as long as you are playing your own accounts, you do not have to worry. If you're not breaking the Terms of Service here, you shouldn't be worried
    Hey All,

We have been punished twice for piloting, I found out we did pilot one war(because one of our members was called into work as an emergency(he works for the Emergency services in the USA), and wouldn't of had time to finish war which would of resulted in us not completing a line and probably losing the war. So his best mate(who helped him create the account) moved him up in war and finished his line. You dropped us down from almost getting to Gold 3 to silver 2 for this, (just proves KABAM thinks it game is more important than saving lives, as you have to choose between helping your alliance achieve their goals or your real life situations, like going to work to save people) we all agreed it would never happen again even if we lost the war, so we didn't. We then worked our arse off to get us back to silver1 for you to accuse us and punish us again, drop us back down to silver 2
  • JFaeriePixieJFaeriePixie Posts: 21
    edited June 2018
    My alliance has 1 person with 2 accounts none of us "account share" for instance let another team member use our accounts and our war rating was knocked a ton!!!
    What exactly is account sharing? Can some one from Kabam clear up? Because honestly this makes me never want to buy units again or any investments towards this game. I am pissed!
    Based on this Kabam Mike guys terms we have not done this account sharing. We had some guy leave and sell his account after he left and even asked him not to do it too! Is that why? Because someone that was only in our alliance for 1 war match?

KABAM PLEASE DEFINE ACCOUNT SHARING
    because we don't do that let other people log in thing. Or "account share" my leader even messaged and we were not given any explanation! I love this game but will not spend another penny if this is not resolved!
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

Account sharing has been defined many, many, many, many times. It is when two different people access the same game account. The term says it all. It is when a game account is shared between multiple players.
  • DNA3000 wrote: Β»

Account sharing has been defined many, many, many, many times. It is when two different people access the same game account. The term says it all. It is when a game account is shared between multiple players.

Then we don't account share. This is ridiculous.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: Β»

Then we don't account share. This is ridiculous.

Maybe the guy who left and sold his account also was account sharing and not telling you.