**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

Account Sharing [Merged Threads]

Comments

• EvilEmpireEvilEmpire Posts: 639 ★★★
    Am I the only one that just wants to see the actual rules. We all know that Kabam isn’t gonna piss all over the top 50 alliances so they will continue to do whatever they want (and tbh no one else can compete with them anyways they have the best rosters by far). Just a very clearly defined set of rules for everyone to play by please and thank you, and then deal with everyone (yes everyone) who breaks the rules in a uniform manor. I know the spenders carry the game but Kabam needs to show a lot more integrity and not just turn a blind eye to that group.
  • MommaKiller1MommaKiller1 Posts: 25
    How will this affect those with multiple accounts
  • Atticus9090Atticus9090 Posts: 521 ★★
    Too late now. The top Alliances have been piloting for ages, as well as many other lower tier AW Alliances. Too bad that Kabam probably wont penalize the top 200, because they spend thousands of dollars each month to help out the game.

As for the lower tier alliances, without piloting, this just makes AW and AQ that much tougher to win now. Especially for those with jobs, kids, etc. People will now have to ask fellow alliance members every detail about their life in order to plan out which times people are able to move. If someone has work for 8 hours and cant remove a linked node to the main boss, that can cost an alliance the whole war.

But then again if you get your alliance mate to pilot, you now risk your alliance being brought down a tier. Lose lose situation.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    People have been justifying it for so long that, here we are.
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    Too late now. The top Alliances have been piloting for ages, as well as many other lower tier AW Alliances. Too bad that Kabam probably wont penalize the top 200, because they spend thousands of dollars each month to help out the game.

As for the lower tier alliances, without piloting, this just makes AW and AQ that much tougher to win now. Especially for those with jobs, kids, etc. People will now have to ask fellow alliance members every detail about their life in order to plan out which times people are able to move. If someone has work for 8 hours and cant remove a linked node to the main boss, that can cost an alliance the whole war.

But then again if you get your alliance mate to pilot, you now risk your alliance being brought down a tier. Lose lose situation.

It kind of depends. If Kabam is going to continue to rely on people submitting tickets to investigate piloting, then not much will change at the top. Reason being, if you're also piloting, you're also going to get reported. If they're going to be independently monitoring, then they may start hitting some of the top allies to set an example, if nothing else.

AW doesn't really eat a ton of time, nor require a lot of log ins to dump your energy. If you've gotta work, log in on your lunch break and clear your nodes.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    Can i join one of these magical top alliances where I do nothing and reap all the benefits while another player does all the work? PM me.
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited April 2018
    That's just the tip of the iceberg lol. Damage done you say? I wonder just how many accounts had their LoL, legend tags and other **** done by mercs by now. It's pretty funny that they only adressed account sharing in War
  • Fluffy wrote: »
    So what are you gonna do about the players making "how to" videos on an alliance members account because they don't have the champ that the alliance member wants a video on?

For example, I have an ally member that doesn't really know how to use her nebula as she should be used. I do not have a nebula. So said ally member has allowed me to make a video on how to use nebula using her account.

Are you gonna ban me for trying to help someone understand how to use a champ in a fight simply because I do not have that champ and need to use her account to make the video?

Answer these questions: Did your ally mate provide you with the log in information for their account? Did you then log on to their account on your device? If yes, then yes that's account sharing and as such a violation of the ToS. You risk a ban if you do that. What you do when sharing is irrelevant.

I do not play war on anyone's account other than my 2 accounts.

You are just trying to stir a pot that doesn't need to be stirred. It's a valid question that I asked. It's for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES so an ally member can watch my video and start using her nebula to the fullest extent. It is not piloting as I don't do anything to progress her account.

If one of the MODS would be so gracious to answer my question that would be great.

The rest of you can go troll someone else.
  • @Kabam Miike is using an ally members account to make a "how to use" video because I don't have that champ going to get me and my ally member banned?
  • LyngateLyngate Posts: 1
    Thank you DNA3000 for reassuring. Loosing access to the game would be like loosing another friend from home.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,234 ★★★★★
    That is Account Sharing. Whether it's for War, or "Educational Purposes".
  • KidKrushergaminKidKrushergamin Posts: 19
    edited April 2018
    I log unto two accounts, mine and a friend. He is not able to be on his account right now so I do AQ, event quests and War for him. I saw the new announcement from COC about War. I am not taking advantage of War right? Doing fights with his characters because we are in the same alliance.

If you can clarify for me Mods, that would be great.
  • rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,051 ★★★
    I think it’s odd to worry about account sharing and announce harder nodes the same day.

Those two concepts are relatively contraindicated.
  • ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    This thread is so much of what is wrong with people -- Kabam has a simple, simple rule. Been around forever. As simple as can be. Five words.

Account sharing is not allowed.

The problem is for whatever reason, some people always think they are special.

Yeah, it's a rule, but MY situation is different. What about me?

I am special. I am different.

Make an exception for ME.

How about no?

Just no. Nobody's special here.

They've already made exceptions for those of you who have account shared. Take your rewards that you didn't earn and be happy about it.

Those of us who don't cheat?

IT'S OUR TURN.

We are sick of you cheaters. We're sick of it.

No exceptions, Kabam. Don't back down -- there are a lot of people who don't cheat who are 100 percent behind you on this.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,649 Guardian
    Account sharing is when two or more people log in and play on the same account. If you and your friend are both people, and you are both logging into and playing the same account, then you are account sharing.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,124 ★★★★★
    Can tell u it acc sharig with NOT alow so didt u doing mind get Ban for
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,675 ★★★★★
    *Waits for first person banned to bring up seatin.

Egregious is a vague description that allows some to be warned while others will be banned.

• klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    I log unto two accounts, mine and a friend. He is not able to be on his account right now so I do AQ, event quests and War for him. I saw the new announcement from COC about War. I am not taking advantage of War right? Doing fights with his characters because we are in the same alliance.

unless your pal is in the same zip code as you I'd stop doing that. It's not that they couldn't figure this stuff out before, it's that now apparently they're tasking some poor interns to have to run searches for this nonsense and generate discrepancy reports. Play it straight and no worries.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,419 ★★★★
    Lyngate wrote: »
    Thank you DNA3000 for reassuring. Loosing access to the game would be like loosing another friend from home.

to be sure, if someone logs into your account from India you're toast. Turkey apparently less so.
    Fluffy wrote: »
    So what are you gonna do about the players making "how to" videos on an alliance members account because they don't have the champ that the alliance member wants a video on?

For example, I have an ally member that doesn't really know how to use her nebula as she should be used. I do not have a nebula. So said ally member has allowed me to make a video on how to use nebula using her account.

Are you gonna ban me for trying to help someone understand how to use a champ in a fight simply because I do not have that champ and need to use her account to make the video?

Answer these questions: Did your ally mate provide you with the log in information for their account? Did you then log on to their account on your device? If yes, then yes that's account sharing and as such a violation of the ToS. You risk a ban if you do that. What you do when sharing is irrelevant.

I do not play war on anyone's account other than my 2 accounts.

This would only be relevant if there was a rule that said you are not allowed to "play war" on someone else's account. There is no such rule. The rule is: account sharing is not allowed. This has been discussed on the forums many times, and the mods themselves have specifically confirmed multiple times that Kabam considers account sharing to be when two or more players log into the same account and play the game. As far as I'm aware of, they have never mentioned or implied there was an exception to that rule.

If you could somehow convince Kabam that you were only account sharing for "educational purposes" you might be able to get a ban reversed after the fact. But in general Kabam doesn't ask players if they have a good reason for account sharing before handing out bans, so you'd still risk getting banned in the first place.

Also, you can demand an reply straight from the mods, but the mods cannot and generally do not respond to every single player demanding an answer to a question that has been asked literally hundreds of times. You might think your question is unique, but it is not. It is a question of the form: if I log into someone else's account and I play the game, but my reason is [fill in the blank] is that account sharing? Regardless of what is in the blank, the answer is yes.
    I do think though Kabam will be monitoring alliances more so based on players reports rather than active data mining analysis. Like if they receive a bunch of reports/tickets saying an alliance is piloting, they will individually look into the actions of that alliance. Rather than scanning all login information and taking action on the top violators. This is just my opinion of course and no one knows their method but Kabam.

They probably do both. When you hear about a ban or two happening, that's probably the result of reporting. But when you hear about a ban wave involving hundreds or thousands of players in an MMO in a very short period of time, that's probably data analysis.
  • ImranAzharImranAzhar Posts: 34
    Legalised piloting. Change the TOS. Piloting is not cheating. Piloting is a strategy. It is assume that those who let their account to be piloted are less skill or spend less. I can fairly say that assumption is wrong. I urge the community to keep piloting. Kabam can't ban all of us. We are the the ones that keep this game alive but due to some reason we play this game 24x7. Keep piloting people.

unless your pal is in the same zip code as you I'd stop doing that.

It would be no more difficult to detect this was going on if they were in the same room, than if they were on opposite sides of the planet. If location meant anything account sharers could VPN to each other's home routers and always look like they were in the same house. But this doesn't work.
  • ScotchScotch Posts: 24
    Kabam should make a duplicate version of the game, one where anything goes. Want to pilot, go ahead, use a hack, go ahead, run a bot in arena 24/7, go ahead. Give people a one time chance to transfer their account to that platform if they want to play that style.

Everyone that wants to play only their account and abide by all the TOS can stay on the original platform. They might have to charge a monthly fee for the no-holes barred version, as there probably wouldn't be many potion sales
  • scottstevenson86scottstevenson86 Posts: 152
    edited April 2018
    Put me and my 1-3k a month invested out of my misery this wont hurt anyone but you. Summers coming id rather be drinking beer and smoking peace pipes on my boat. Your threats only hurt your buisness. These guys that dont want piloting are low level non spenders lets watch kabaam stocks fall. Ill drink one to this new rule push.
  • RagamugginGunnerRagamugginGunner Posts: 2,210 ★★★★★
    i'll believe it when i see it