**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Make Thanos truly immortal!

Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
The locked signature ability reads as following:
“With the Strength and Durability of a Titanian Eternal, Thanos is able to withstand base Attack rating without sustaining significant damage.”
Once unlocked, the signature ability indeed decreases base Attack rating, 10% at level 1 up to 40% at level 99.

That isn’t bad, don’t get me wrong, but I really see no relationship between the signature’s title and the ability. That’s why I suggest Thanos should be getting a signature ability worthy of a true immortal.

Rather, he should get a signature ability similar to Magneto, it makes sense his strength and durability prevents him from getting large health losses in a single hit. Thanos is a pretty special champion, so I think he should do a little bit better, starting at 50% but going all the way down to 10%.

However, to make him truly immortal, Thanos should have Immortality charges. He uses them when KOing, resurrecting him and giving him a second chance (that’s his privilege as being Mistress Death’s lover). When unlocking, you get 2 charges of 2.5% health each. For each 33 signature levels, you get one extra (so a third at 33, a fourth at 66 and a fifth at 99), in total boosting his health by 12.5%. These charges are used in a single time (it would be tedious to kill him five times).

What about his base Attack rating decreasing ability? I think it should be kept. Like Iceman’s Frostbite charges, [b]Thanos should have Fear charges[/b]. These Fear charges are placed when critical hitting and when using special attacks. A critical hit places one charge, Sp1 places two charges, Sp2 places three charges and Sp4 places four charges. Each charge reduces base Attack rating by 10%.

Each charge decays and upon expiring, does damage equal to 10% base Attack rating of Thanos as Direct Damage per charge.[/b] Like Iceman, you can prematurely expire all charges instantly by using a Heavy Attack[/b], this will deal 40% base Attack rating per charge. When ten charges are placed on the opponent, the opponent goes into a state of Paralysis, stunning for 3.5 seconds and applying a Power Lock and Healing Block for 8 seconds.

This encourages some strategic thinking: do you want to play defensively and keep the Fear charges, or do you want to play offensively and expire them immediately for extra damage? The charges are however passives, and thus cannot be cleansed by Taskmaster, Agent Venom or Crossbones. It will take some skill to be able to cope with these charges.

With these changes, Thanos becomes a champion to be reckoned with and a worthy trophy to have. It makes him a God-tier champion, as he should be!

Comments

• Options
    Mirage_TurtleMirage_Turtle Posts: 1,868 ★★★★
    I don't dislike your proposed changes, but Kabam seems to be dragging their feet on updating older champs, meaning it doesn't happen very often. If they are going to put effort into revamping a champ, I'd rather them update a champ that more than just a select few have.

She-Hulk, Kamala Khan, Abomination, Iron Fist, Ant Man, Iron Man, Superior Iron Man, and at least a dozen others are champs who deserve an update ahead of any changes to Thanos. As you said, Thanos is a trophy champ. Trophies are meant to be displayed, but they're not made to be useful
  • Options
    mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    um...all champs are immortal in this game. You are basically God's thumbs touching a screen of virtual players moving about. If they die, you can resurrect them or hit the rewind button and start the quest over again. Sometimes it takes a little while for them to rise from the dead, but it's just a little cool down is all.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I don't dislike your proposed changes, but Kabam seems to be dragging their feet on updating older champs, meaning it doesn't happen very often. If they are going to put effort into revamping a champ, I'd rather them update a champ that more than just a select few have.

She-Hulk, Kamala Khan, Abomination, Iron Fist, Ant Man, Iron Man, Superior Iron Man, and at least a dozen others are champs who deserve an update ahead of any changes to Thanos. As you said, Thanos is a trophy champ. Trophies are meant to be displayed, but they're not made to be useful
    I agree, but I think Kabam will release Thanos as a playable champion soon (only the 2* or 3*) but as he is know he doesn't meet his potential as the most badass champion in the MCOC.

I also think with the whole Infinity War thing going on, it makes sense to revamp Thanos. The only way Thanos is difficult is if you add a node to him. He isn't difficult by himself. Like, he just has a Fury effect (like so many), an Armor Up (like so many), he begins the fight with 16% Power (it is nice but compared to Hyperion's Power Gain it is nothing), a Heal Block (nice, but useless against non-Regen champions) and dealing True Damage (Ronan does that to and Stuns, which is actually better). Then you have his sig, as I said nice but nonsensical.

I think a revamp is necessary if Kabam wants to give him a larger role in the game and maybe even releasing him to the general player population.