**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Uncollected hyperion

CanarioCanario Posts: 167
In the description it says he is more likely to activate his S1,i find that hard to believe as he never seems to activate any aprt from S1 which he seems to get too in a combo and even when bait he doesnt do his S2,i took in magik and i managed to bait his S1 and i done my S2 only for it to get blocked and get hit by a heavy straigjt away and then ko by his S3,is there anyway to beat this guy.

Comments

• Options
    Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    I have better luck with Scarlet Witch. It still involves a lot of baiting, but you can basically bash away because you constantly nullify power gains, inflict power lock, and can power steal.
  • Options
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    I have better luck with Scarlet Witch. It still involves a lot of baiting, but you can basically bash away because you constantly nullify power gains, inflict power lock, and can power steal.

I only have her R3 and not duped,wonder if voodoo would be good but he is only R4.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Voodoo would nullify the power gain with his SP1, but he doesn't generate it fast enough to nullify all of Hype's power gain buffs. Plus Hype is poison immune. You'd be better off using his SP2, but then you're in the same boat as Magik who is better for locking.

Another option would be Hood. He can stagger Hype to prevent him from getting a buff, but you have to be aggressive to keep a stagger always on (triggered via crit hit). Hood doesn't need to be duped either.

Dormammu can do some power control with his combos (end with a medium hit), then can power lock with his SP2. Doesn't need to be duped either.

Hawkeye's sp1 does good power control as well, in addition to good bleed damage. No dupe needed either.

Several people also use Vision's SP1 for power control. Issue with him is that his SP1 does horrible damage.
  • Options
    Other good power control champs:
    Psylocke, Winter Soldier.

You could also do buff-steal with Rogue, but you would need to play very aggressively to keep the buff.

Venompool also can steal buffs with his "om nom" SP1.
  • Options
    Thanks for advice guys,i have all these champs duped but are R4 or lower but i really do enjoy using vision alot so might give a try even if he doesnt hit hard,i wish i had a rogue tho.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Got iceman? You can survive all those sp3s and have your sp3 ready in case you need to get the ice armour back instantly.
  • Options
    LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I used Magik. She wrecks him
  • Options
    OnerednovemberOnerednovember Posts: 48
    Use Iceman. U can easily get your sp3 to activate the ice armor and take his sp3 without suffering a lot of damage.
    It would be a sp3 battle =)

U can use LC if duped as he takes no damage.
    Magneto takes very reduced damage if fairly duped.

To control his power gain you can use a lot of champions. The most commons would be SW, Hood, Magik, Dormammu, og Vision, Vision, Psylocke. Well, you will see that you can overcome that Hype with some technique and the proper champ.

Have fun
  • Options
    When I played against him last night, I used Switch to get him down to 20% before he finally fired off an SP3. Finished him off with Iceman in a battle of SP3's.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    managed to beat him with my R4 voodoo in one go but spamming my S2 but that corvus guy i hate so much as i used 2 full revives and still didnt ko him,everytime the fight started i would dodge back to intercept but everytime he done his heavy and ko me there and then.hvxtxuxbpcxa.png
  • Options
    Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 171
    Thor. Spidey se. Chain stuns.
  • Options
    Nemesis666 wrote: »
    Thor. Spidey se. Chain stuns.

Have both but don't use them much.
  • Options
    Nemesis666Nemesis666 Posts: 171
    Ronan too.
  • Options
    Ronan too.

Only have him still at R1 been R1 for about a year now.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,189 ★★★★★
    Canario wrote: »
    Ronan too.

Only have him still at R1 been R1 for about a year now.

Wuld works to just a long figth
  • Options
    Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Lol I just stun locked him with sparky. Ronan or anyone with a 100% chance to stun works.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,368 ★★★★★
    Juggernaut works nicely against Hyperion. Just keep him Staggered. On stun-immune versions (like last month's quest boss), just spam your SP1 to get Unstoppable, and apply a couple of Staggers.