**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Get rid of Spam and Abuse charges on our profile page

CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
edited June 2017 in Suggestions and Requests
Look at my account. As of now, I've got 175 spam charges and 383 abuse charges. I have exactly -100 points. Okay, here's a link to some of the comments of mine that have been flagged:
http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/36611#Comment_36611
http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/36663#Comment_36663
(The OP) http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/6473/so-does-glory-stay-after-season-4/p1
(The first few under the OP) http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/18/character-wishlist-thread-3-0/p1

Pretty stupid, isn't it? I've ticked off a few people with some of my opinions, and now they just follow and flag me for everything. It's ridiculous. Look, I don't care who you are, you don't deserve to be flagged for everything you say, no matter what it is. Even if I say something abusive, which I don't think I have, I don't deserve to be flagged for all the non-abusive things I've said. Look, my basic point is, why do those things need to be shown on our account? Even if someone does say something abusive and gets flagged a bunch, there's no reason for that to be broadcasted to anyone who accidentally clicks on their account name. This is especially true in this kind of a public place. There are bad people. There are immature people. There are irresponsible people. They shouldn't have an influence on what people see on other people's accounts. Honestly, it's not okay. If someone reading this right now disagrees with me and they say: "Well, this isn't entirely correct... Long in short, I disagree.", I could literally go to all of their comments that I can find and flag them for it. That's bullcrap. I'm not going to do that, because I'm not an immature punk. Don't make being reported effect Points, and don't make it be shown on our page to members. Make it available to Moderators, but others don't need to see those phony flags. I've seen people say things like this:
"You have 349 abuses on your page, please stop acting like you're a saint.".
That's an actual quote. I'm not going to say who from, because apparently that's not okay, but it proves my point. People don't need to see this ****. If they can, they just whip it out when they don't have anymore valid points during civil debates about the game.

Also, the ability to view who has responded with "Agree" or "Spam" was removed by Kabam. Why? Just... why? This doesn't fix anything. It doesn't stop people from abusing the flag system, it honestly just encourages it. If someone is petty enough to go around and flag everything someone says, but they don't want to be caught, then they'll do it due to this change. "Why?" you might ask. Because we can't see who's doing it! They can't be held accountable by their peers! The only people who can see who flagged what is moderators. Mods have even said to me that "The only time this comes into play is when multiple users flag one of your posts..." I put the word multiple in italics because it shows that mods don't usually check posts that are flagged once or twice. Plus, we as users can't even contact the person who is flagging us and ask them to stop since we can't see them! So, people get to flag every one of our posts, we can't ask the person to stop, and mods don't care enough to remove it. It just gets to sit there for all to see. And the only reason that this was changed so we can't see who flags is because of a thread that asked for it. Here's a link. Just read what I said right here:
http://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2926/#Comment_2926

Also in that thread, many people said that they can be harassed based on what they report, so it shouldn't be visible. Well, yeah. People can also be harassed based on what they are flagged for. I don't care if the person who flagged it is visible or not as long as it isn't broadcasted for all to see. Long in short, just make the spam and abuse charges disappear from our profile page to other users.

And finally, for those of you who are deciding on whether to flag this post of mine as well: I win. I have won with this post. If you flag it, you prove my point. People will see the flag and agree that I'm right, so you're actually helping me. I'll just post a link to this page every time you flag me for no reason. And if you don't flag me, I also win. Then I'm not getting flagged anymore. I won't even care if it proves my point wrong because the problem will be resolved. I win no matter what, so just go away.

Let me know if you agree down below. This is an annoying problem. And please don't say "Well, it doesn't matter! Being reported for abuse doesn't matter if you aren't abusive, because then you won't get in trouble!". Don't say that. If it doesn't matter then why is it there? Just remove it for my sanity and the sanity of other users. Thank you. Let me know if you agree and why.
-CrusherOfDreams

Get rid of Spam and Abuse charges on our profile page 38 votes

Yes, I agree, remove the ability to view spam and abuse on other user's accounts
65%
CrusherOfDreamsGroundedWisdomtlhGunzoBCdiscmanTripleD_FenrirHunter2UAakashBronzeFallAppieX_ScottguardianbelikovTheSOURADexman1349beaupoemjojodeth101penvro56378jerstolpBlaster_mindDmo1973 25 votes
No, I disagree. (Please also comment explaining why you disagree)
34%
LagmelongtimeRagamugginGunnerImpulseHaji_SaabstakDonaldJTrump69I_ForgotFilmScorpionSpartacus29RasiloverElitehunterFhfjghhggggjfhfjgFilledPizza 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Do the points do anything? If you get too many negative do you get banned? Sorry, just wondering...
  • Options
    Yes, I agree, remove the ability to view spam and abuse on other user's accounts
    beaupoem wrote: »
    just get rid of the ability to flag posts period. add a "report" button that gets sent directly to mods (not like they do anything anyway).

people resort to flagging instead of writing a coherent argument on why they disagree with a certain post, and it's probably why mods ignore flags is because they get inundated with so many of them.

Yes, this is completely true. When Yondu came out, many, including me, we're confused about that thing that said he could trade for Units on the side. We thought he could actually earn a small amount of Units for us. I said that Kabam should just reword it, and people jumped all over me for being a "gullible idiot". First off, even if I am gullible, Kabam shouldn't be trying to trick it's users, so that had nothing to do with it. But to continue, I just said that, even if I am an idiot, which I'm not, it's obvious that people are confused by this wording so they should tweak it a bit. Whether they're idiots or not, they're confused customers, and Kabam should do what they can to help un-confuse them. The debate continued with people asking how I could've fallen for it, etc etc, and every time I responded I was reported for spam. People just disagreed with me, so they flagged me. I asked them about it, and they said I was repeating my argument over and over so that's why they flagged me, but that doesn't make sense. It that was true, they'd be flagging everyone who agreed with them that was restating their arguments. Just remove it.
  • Options
    Thawnim wrote: »
    Do the points do anything? If you get too many negative do you get banned? Sorry, just wondering...

I don't think so, but people, as I said, take some sort of faulty value from them and use it to sling at users and make them look bad when in debates.
  • Options
    Ha ha, you wise guys are flagging the post about removing flags, ha ha. You're proving my point. Keep it up, it's only helping me. Thanks in advance for the first-hand proof.
  • Options
    It's sad that people go and just flag things for no reason

So do you agree?
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    just get rid of the ability to flag posts period. add a "report" button that gets sent directly to mods (not like they do anything anyway).

people resort to flagging instead of writing a coherent argument on why they disagree with a certain post, and it's probably why mods ignore flags is because they get inundated with so many of them.

This is what I've been saying since the beginning. Whenever Members have the ability to negativity impact another person's Profile, it's going to be abused. It annoyed me for the first little while. Eventually, I stopped caring. People will troll with whatever they can. That's how it is in a Forum.
    What bothers me is not the Points. It's the abuse of the system. Something goes into Moderation when 5 or more people Flag it. It then disappears from the conversation unless you click on it. What concerns me is allowing people with personal resentments and negativity to target comments and Threads made by those they don't like. I don't think it's appropriate to allow people to do that. This is not Reddit, and that Forum is much less regulated, and a great deal more negative.
    I understand they have their reasons for keeping it and I respect that. I just think that if the Points Metrics weren't attached to Profiles, there would be less abuse of it. Less temptation. Naturally people will just Flag those they don't like regardless. I think if the function was not impacting the Profiles of others, it wouldn't be as easy an outlet for hate.
    Also, to the OP, you will develop a thick skin towards it. Trust me. Lol. I could care less now. It's just sad that people react in a childish way to an adult conversation. Says more about them than you. Try and let it go. :smile:
  • Options

This is what I've been saying since the beginning. Whenever Members have the ability to negativity impact another person's Profile, it's going to be abused. It annoyed me for the first little while. Eventually, I stopped caring. People will troll with whatever they can. That's how it is in a Forum.
    What bothers me is not the Points. It's the abuse of the system. Something goes into Moderation when 5 or more people Flag it. It then disappears from the conversation unless you click on it. What concerns me is allowing people with personal resentments and negativity to target comments and Threads made by those they don't like. I don't think it's appropriate to allow people to do that. This is not Reddit, and that Forum is much less regulated, and a great deal more negative.
    I understand they have their reasons for keeping it and I respect that. I just think that if the Points Metrics weren't attached to Profiles, there would be less abuse of it. Less temptation. Naturally people will just Flag those they don't like regardless. I think if the function was not impacting the Profiles of others, it wouldn't be as easy an outlet for hate.
    Also, to the OP, you will develop a thick skin towards it. Trust me. Lol. I could care less now. It's just sad that people react in a childish way to an adult conversation. Says more about them than you. Try and let it go. :smile:

I agree with everything you said but the last paragraph. It doesn't say more about them than me, because no one gets to see who they are. People do, however, get to see a big, bold number on my screen saying "This guy screwed up!". I'm not going to debate you on whether it matters or anything, but I just don't think it should be there. Plus, if it doesn't matter, why is it there?
  • Options

I agree with everything you said but the last paragraph. It doesn't say more about them than me, because no one gets to see who they are. People do, however, get to see a big, bold number on my screen saying "This guy screwed up!". I'm not going to debate you on whether it matters or anything, but I just don't think it should be there. Plus, if it doesn't matter, why is it there?

That's part of the reasoning for keeping it. It allows the Mods to see who is and is not abusing it. Again, I respect that. I just think it's inviting it at the same time.
  • Options

That's part of the reasoning for keeping it. It allows the Mods to see who is and is not abusing it. Again, I respect that. I just think it's inviting it at the same time.

I don't mean the system altogether, I mean the fact that it shows up for all to see. That bold, yellow number should only show up for moderators is what I'm saying.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I disagree because the points mean nothing in forum first of all. Second of all if all your posts only get 1 flag each you shouldn't worry at all but if each of your post is flagged hundreds times then I believe it maybe a valid concern. Community can help mods by flagging inappropriate posts faster I think that's a good thing. Dont treat it seriously the content is more important at the end.

If it doesn't matter, why is it there? If the abuse things don't actually have an effect unless it's all directed at one comment, then why does it need to even be broadcasted on our page? That's my point. I'm not saying that the flagging system is bad, it just shouldn't be shown publicly.
  • Options

I don't mean the system altogether, I mean the fact that it shows up for all to see. That bold, yellow number should only show up for moderators is what I'm saying.

We already agree. I said the Points need to be taken out of the equation. ;) If the Flags are only visible by number and serve to alert the Mods, then it won't affect someone's Profile.
  • Options
    LagmelongtimeLagmelongtime Posts: 86
    edited June 2017
    One recommendation is just to show whether or not the post has been flagged already. No one cares besides the mod Howe many times it has been flagged. We also do not need to know how many times our own posts has been flagged... It's not a leader board. Take the flag count out from our profile and everyone is happy. Only show post with either flagged or not (without a count) then everyone is happy.
  • Options
    I disagree because the points mean nothing in forum first of all. Second of all if all your posts only get 1 flag each you shouldn't worry at all but if each of your post is flagged hundreds times then I believe it maybe a valid concern. Community can help mods by flagging inappropriate posts faster I think that's a good thing. Dont treat it seriously the content is more important at the end.

That's not always the case. Have a look at my Profile sometime. It's good reading. Flags for days, most often for no reason at all. Lol. Not that I'm perfect. I guarantee 90% are just hate.
  • Options

We already agree. I said the Points need to be taken out of the equation. ;) If the Flags are only visible by number and serve to alert the Mods, then it won't affect someone's Profile.

Not 100% sure what you mean. To clarify on my side, I want the Abuse and Spam to not show up on our profile page except for Moderators. I also want Points to either be removed or not be effected by Abuse and Spam.
  • Options

Not 100% sure what you mean. To clarify on my side, I want the Abuse and Spam to not show up on our profile page except for Moderators. I also want Points to either be removed or not be effected by Abuse and Spam.

Well, yes. Seeing the Flags visible on the comment would be fine. Removing the negative impact on the Profile would be best. The Flags serve to alert the Mods. That's what I'm saying. Same thing.
  • Options

That's not always the case. Have a look at my Profile sometime. It's good reading. Flags for days, most often for no reason at all. Lol. Not that I'm perfect. I guarantee 90% are just hate.

Yeah I have got flagged for no reason as well.. I think this reinforce what I try to convey... Too much info in our forum profile. Take them out.
  • Options
    One recommendation is just to show whether or not the post has been flagged already. No one cares besides the mod Howe many times it has been flagged. We also do not need to know how many times our own posts has been flagged... It's not a leader board. Take the flag count out from our profile and everyone is happy. Only show post with either flagged or not (without a count) then everyone is happy.

Then you agree with me. You're saying that we don't need to see flags on our profile page, which was my whole point. I don't know what you thought I meant originally, but you just nailed it.
  • Options
    LagmelongtimeLagmelongtime Posts: 86
    edited June 2017
    Lol u r right .. should be a yes I agree with you. Can't change my poll results anymore.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Tl;dr = my poop don't stink it smells like roses, I can do no wrong.
  • Options
    SirnoobSirnoob Posts: 952 ★★★
    Would rather see the stupid abuse charges then toxic post like last time when people would go around stalking users in every thread calling them out on threads they didn't even post on and taking every thread and derailing it this seems to have cut down on thagu
  • Options
    Lol u r right .. should be a yes I agree with you. Can't change my poll results anymore.

Kabam! Can we get a mod to change this vote! Lol, new suggestion for the forum: allow us to change votes.
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Tl;dr = my poop don't stink it smells like roses, I can do no wrong.

For a guy who reports people for spam all the time...
  • Options
    90% of people agree with me here, Kabam. It looks like 80%, but one guy changed his mind, so we have a 90% approval rating. The customers want something. Please deliver it.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Rrrgh, it posted this twice and Kabam won't put in a delete button. Carry on!
  • Options
    Again, if you disagree, please let me know why.
  • Options
    beaupoembeaupoem Posts: 443
    lol they're not gonna change anything just because 11 people voted on a forum poll
  • Options
    lol they're not gonna change anything just because 11 people voted on a forum poll

It's only been an hour, I'm hoping we'll get more results.
This discussion has been closed.