**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

War defenders! Who else?

According to my opinion and experience the following champions are the best Alliance War defenders.

Night Crawler- This mutant's evasive capability is just unnatural, partner it with a high speed attack with critical damage and then you have an insane defender that is almost untouchable.

M.O.D.O.K.- This gigantic headed looking like Humpty-Dumty possesses technology that is far advance than the cutting edge of today's. Molded into a floating chair, it provides users with a very strong force shield that curses at opponent when strucked.

Ultron - This artificial intelligence metal humanoid doesn't bleed, but could cut and bleed its opponent with a laser. Its body could repair damages and its imperfect system detects incoming attacks allowing it the ability to evade.

Majik This magic wielding mutant is a signature ability dependent that gives her opponent the Darkchyld moments overtime that is grandest on a kinetic reactor arena.

Juggernaut This oversize steroid pumping host of Cyttorak is a vainer to the moniker signature ability known as unstoppable

So who else can be added to the list?

Comments

• Options
    BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Medusa.

Any Mystic with MD. Blade hard counters this.

Sentinel.

Spidies.
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Ultron is not a good defender, once he was buy today he is a piece of cake to beat
  • Options
    BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    Ultron is not a good defender, once he was buy today he is a piece of cake to beat

Eh, I disagree. It depends on the node, player, and their champs. We're on expert map and he still gets kills. There are generally good counters to every node and every champ.
  • Options
    Il_JooOIl_JooO Posts: 470 ★★
    except done for Nightcrawler, every hero OP mentioned is doable with Blade + Ghost Rider in team, too easy; I would thank you if I met these champs on my way
  • Options
    shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    BigTime wrote: »

Eh, I disagree. It depends on the node, player, and their champs. We're on expert map and he still gets kills. There are generally good counters to every node and every champ.

I haven't lost to an Ultron in war since 12.0 update I even use him as a defender and he only gets kills on the inflict bleed node which really anyone could get kills on that node
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    Putting Ultron on armor up node or stun immune with 20% enhanced abilities makes him tougher.
    Seems on defense, often he evades like Spidey. Other than that, not too bad.

Blade + GR doesn't really give any advantage on NC. The rest, yes.

I would add:
    Yondu
    Killmonger + BP synergy (mostly gives KM 3 indesctructable and 3 counter punch charges from the start
    Mordo still gets kills

Anyone 4/55 5* or any 6*

Highrank Rogue and BW can be a pain since they are practically stun immune already.
  • Options
    PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Putting Ultron on armor up node or stun immune with 20% enhanced abilities makes him tougher.

I would add:
    Yondu
    Killmonger + BP synergy (mostly gives KM 3 indesctructable and 3 counter punch charges from the start
    Mordo still gets kills

Anyone 4/55 5* or any 6*

Highrank Rogue and BW can be a pain since they are practically stun immune already.

Synergy doesn't work in AW so KM BP synergy is for attack
  • Options
    ThonyRomeThonyRome Posts: 29
    I see thank you
  • Options
    stakstak Posts: 88
    Il_JooO wrote: »
    except done for Nightcrawler, every hero OP mentioned is doable with Blade + Ghost Rider in team, too easy; I would thank you if I met these champs on my way

Nightcrawler is easily countered by an awakened Iceman.
  • Options
    RafikiiRafikii Posts: 239
    stak wrote: »
    Il_JooO wrote: »

Nightcrawler is easily countered by an awakened Iceman.

this.
    also people always say switch stances, which does make him dog sh** as a defender, but thats not always easy. ive noticed parry then 2 hits with starlord, i can down any NC in under 20 hits.
    seems tedious, but its doable and reliable. Unless of course hes on a limber node. even then hes still a glass cannon. should have him down before limber gets ridiculous.

ultrons Ehh to me.. on stun immune, yeah hes aids, but me being a parrt addict, i find anything stun immune to be a pain.

I absolutely HATE Magik, but everyone and their moms got blade but me, so i guess shes easy if you got him.

IMO, (remember i love my parry) some people disagree, but mordo, hype and BpCw spank me all day. bpcw is eh cuz bait the heavy easy. but power gain makes baiting a pain in my ass...
  • Options
    Fighting against Night Crawler in Alliance War as a boss is still a pain on my fingers. My gigantic fingers are not that fast. hahahaha
  • Options
    Ice Man, the walking Casket of Winters! What a great idea! Now I just need to convince him to join my team of champions.
  • Options
    Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Dormammu exists
  • Options
    taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    The best defender will almost always be Dormammu in my opinion
  • Options
    A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★

I would add:
    Yondu
    Mordo still gets kills

Anyone 4/55 5* or any 6*

Why yondu? He doesn't get kills for me even when I put him on enhanced bleed node.
  • Options
    djr17djr17 Posts: 651 ★★★
    Expected Yondu doesn't get kills, because you are prepared for him on a bleed node. Surprise Yondu may get a kill or two.
  • Options
    ChampioncriticChampioncritic Posts: 3,347 ★★★★
    Taskmaster maybe? He's a beast once he becomes debuff immune, assuming he's on a node that gives Alot of health and resistance
  • Options
    Cats73Cats73 Posts: 314
    Black Widow on enhanced abilities could be annoying, 23% evade chance plus her sig ability which decreases chance of parrying can be a pain. Certainly not the best defender but not the worst by far.