**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

In regards to the hulkbuster post on facebook

Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
I’m reminded of how mediocre he is. So, that said, how about we all compile our thoughts for improvements here?

Personally, I think his armor needs to be a little stronger, and maybe he could get some sort of bleed resistance (due to the sheer thickness of the armor). Also, maybe there could also be a damage boosting effect he gets when fighting hulk/other “big” characters

Comments

• I like the idea of getting a boost when fighting bigger opponents (like Rhino and unblockable). Bleed resistance (because he's not immune) also makes sense. Given he's a big champ and they can be hard to fight with when you're used to nimble champs, he's not a bad one to actually fight with...if you have aaaalllll day. Any thoughts on other ways to tweak his power? Other than a basic attack increase.
  • Whododo872Whododo872 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    He doesn't need more protection he just needs more ways of inflicting high damage.

True. What I was saying was, if his armor is to be kept (which is likely)
    Then at least make it more useful
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Regeneration, he is Iron Man after all
  • XxLoganTDCxXXxLoganTDCxX Posts: 2,561 ★★★★
    Or add hulkbuster 2 with better moves and abilities
  • FivesFives Posts: 118 ★★

Wouldn’t that just further solidify the uselessness of the one already in the game? Sure, it would do justice to the hulkbuster name, but that wouldn’t change the fact that there’s a completely useless character in the game that shouldn’t be.

Look at it this way: imagine all the characters in the game are nameless, shapeless blobs. One of the blobs is weaker than the others. Tons of people get this blob, and are disappointed by its uselessness. “Buff it!” they say. In response, kabam simply adds another blob to the game, a stronger blob. Does adding another blob change anything about the fact that the first blob, the one most people have, is completely useless? Does it serve as any aid to the players who have the useless blob? No, it doesn’t, not in the slightest. I fail to see how it’s any different if you attach names and faces to those blobs. Add another hulkbuster, sure. First one is still useless, and it’s still a waste of a character slot and a waste of a pull.

That aside, I think it’s gonna be a long time coming before kabam turns their heads to ANY major revamp of a character, much less hulkbuster. I hope I’m wrong, but aside from sentry, the last character buffs were Rulk and LC, months ago. Seems like they forgot they were setting up a beta testing program, and hiring workers for balance changes, and all that. Odd.
  • SuperChronaSuperChrona Posts: 296
    He is a hulk buster so he should be immune to stun on specials
  • A_Noob_Is1A_Noob_Is1 Posts: 762 ★★
    He should have a damage boost against big characters. I would also suggest some crit resistance for his armor
  • helloguyshelloguys Posts: 90
    edited May 2018
    There is datamined info, found in the gamefiles which shows he's getting a new set of abilities, like the new Iron Man. Shock damage, bleed resistance, etc. Obviously all this info is not confirmed, but I think it's legit. Makes me think, he's gonna be in the next beta program.
  • shawnli87shawnli87 Posts: 99
    Fives wrote: »

Look at it this way: imagine all the characters in the game are nameless, shapeless blobs. One of the blobs is weaker than the others. Tons of people get this blob, and are disappointed by its uselessness. “Buff it!” they say. In response, kabam simply adds another blob to the game, a stronger blob. Does adding another blob change anything about the fact that the first blob, the one most people have, is completely useless? Does it serve as any aid to the players who have the useless blob? No, it doesn’t, not in the slightest. I fail to see how it’s any different if you attach names and faces to those blobs. Add another hulkbuster, sure. First one is still useless, and it’s still a waste of a character slot and a waste of a pull.

@XxLoganTDCxX Thank you for this completely unnecessary blob analogy. I think we all know how to compare two things that are similar, yet different. 😂😂🤣🤣
  • iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    He should be bleed immune honestly...
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian
    shawnli87 wrote: »
    Fives wrote: »

@XxLoganTDCxX Thank you for this completely unnecessary blob analogy. I think we all know how to compare two things that are similar, yet different. 😂😂🤣🤣

That’s not even what the analogy is about... a turd by any other name would smell as sweet. If you call a rose a turd it doesn’t make the original thing called turd smell like roses.

As a rule, analogies are only useful if they explain something better than the actual thing being analogized. In this case, I don't think an analogy adds anything to the statement "if people believe a specific champion should be buffed, adding another champion with those buffs does not address the issue in any way."