**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

How good is Winter Soldier?

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
I just pulled him from a crystal for the first time as a 4 Star, and I am not sure how good he is. Any input would be helpful! Thanks!

Comments

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    I really like him. He does have some useful attributes and his damage is pretty good, especially damage over time. Armour piercing specials are great against armour nodes or champs like iron man for example. Special attacks will completely ignore the opponent’s armour rating meaning it does more damage. His fury activates often giving him high raw damage and it increases his damage over time too. Incendiary and hollow point ammo are both great for damage over time in particular. For the highest dps use incendiary with fury on a sp3. It’s shorter than hollow point, but it has 2 types of debuff (useful for bleed immunes) and also means the opponent has reduced block proficiency. If you have deep wounds and the opponent bleeds, hollow point on any special with give you a high damage bleed (up to 2 stacks on sp1 but they each do less damage than sp2 or 3). This bleed will last quite a while too with deep wounds as well so you get plenty of damage in.

If you awaken him you get a 15% chance to power drain on critical hits, it’s pretty nice to have, don’t have to worry about specials as much. In general though, I think he’s a great champ and will soon be taking my 5* to 4/55. His damage is impressive if you use him right.

Thank you very much, MegaSkater67
  • taojay1taojay1 Posts: 1,062 ★★★
    I have at 4/55 sig 20, was kinda forced to make him my first 4/55 bc of expiring t2a. tbh, he is pretty underrated. damage output is pretty good if you play right. I like to do do sp2 on armor piercing, sp1 on incendiary, and sp2 or 3 on hollow point. Power drain is powerful right off the dupe, no need for sig stones, but unreliable. Tbh I wouldn't take him past 3/30 as a 4 star. wait for blade, gp, km
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,355 ★★★★★
    edited May 2018
    Don't have to much to add, as @MegaSkater67 pretty much said it all.

He didn't mention synergies, though: He synergies well for questing. I grinded for WS twice as a 4* to synergise with the team I already had of CAWW2, Civil Warrior, Wolverine and Guillotine. They added together to give an awesome basic armour bonus (about 1000 base armour, all told), plus a bit of extra critical damage.

He's also got some decent synergies recently from Killmonger and Taskmaster (if he's Duped), if you have either of them. The Killmonger synergy turns WS into a mini-version of Star Lord.

Sure, he's not quite as good as Blade; but really, don't let that put you off. He's got good versatility; and retains some even against armoured and bleed-immune champions.
  • X_ScottX_Scott Posts: 732 ★★★
    Every bit as good as Bucky.
  • BahamutBahamut Posts: 2,307 ★★★★
    He’s isn’t amazing, but he’s a lot better than most people think. He’s got a decent damage output and strong bleed. If he’s duped, he’s got power control. If you put him on a team with Killmonger, he’s basically Star Lord.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    Lot of people saying he's underrated and they are right. He's not as great as Blade or some other top tier champs but he's solid especially once duped. His power drain is sporadic to say the least but usually procs from his special 2. Capable of good damage.