**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

2700 Dark Artifacts wasted on 1 sig

So grinding dungeons daily in the hope of pulling something decent

As usual with my Kabam luck I open another crystal and the excitement is instantly killed. I get another useless 5*

I Pull a Hulk Buster who is already twice duped
To my shock I get no 6* shards and only 1 sig added

This is a terrible reward for the effort put in. People should feel excitement upon getting a new 5* not the total disgust I fee on a regular basis

Kabam get all your 5* characters buffed to a level where pulling them doesn’t want you to quit the game. Far too many 5*s are a total joke

Comments

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I don't understand why they didn't give the full champ. My 2700 artifacts amounted to an awakening gem for Iron Patriot. I suppose that's better than your HB sig stone but not much better lol.
  • 420sam420sam Posts: 526 ★★★
    Cannot remember reading on the dungeon announcement that the dupes are the equivalent of 1 sig stone. Really not worth the effort I am really disgusted with where this game is going

Rewards everywhere need a total overhaul game has gone stale. Rewards like a 3* crystal for Master Quest completion is just an insult to your customer base

It was added to the original announcement I hate to tell you:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/63523/introducing-infinity-dungeons-updated-april-25th
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    Cannot remember reading on the dungeon announcement that the dupes are the equivalent of 1 sig stone. Really not worth the effort I am really disgusted with where this game is going

Rewards everywhere need a total overhaul game has gone stale. Rewards like a 3* crystal for Master Quest completion is just an insult to your customer base

Actually it did say that if you dupe a character, it will not give any adiitional rewards.

The purpose of this crystal is to help you awaken or get a hero you are missing, not extra rewards. Thats what they said!!

Tell me about it, I duped Kingpin, which was already duped.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★
    They said it in the announcement and the crystal says that the champs are a basic champion
  • AleSnakeAleSnake Posts: 20
    That's the reason that you can choose the cristal, to avoid champs that you are have dupped
  • rwanders1978rwanders1978 Posts: 104
    420sam wrote: »

It was added to the original announcement I hate to tell you:
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/63523/introducing-infinity-dungeons-updated-april-25th

Thanks for that I definitely didn’t real the additional posts on that thread, people who rarely visit the forum would never get to see that

Even though it was added to that announcement I think is terrible reward for the time put in to earn them artifacts
  • rockykostonrockykoston Posts: 1,505 ★★★★
    AleSnake wrote: »
    That's the reason that you can choose the cristal, to avoid champs that you are have dupped

Agreed but its a mix, I could have done with any of the other champs except a couple in that crystal, who would've known.
    Still it feels cheap that all those dark artifacts can prove so useless, just my luck I guess.
  • Sac123_Sac123_ Posts: 258

As usual with my Kabam luck I open another crystal and the excitement is instantly killed. I get another useless 5*

This is a terrible reward for the effort put in. People should feel excitement upon getting a new 5* not the total disgust I fee on a regular basis

Kabam get all your 5* characters buffed to a level where pulling them doesn’t want you to quit the game. Far too many 5*s are a total joke

Wow. I mean the amount of grinding you have to do and it only gives 1sig level if it's a dupe.

Way to reward the people who pay your bills Kabam.

Lol dont do it then. It's not kabams fault you didn't read that it only gives you one dupe. You dont have to do dungeons. I do, but I dont have too.
    Sac123_ wrote: »

Wow. I mean the amount of grinding you have to do and it only gives 1sig level if it's a dupe.

Way to reward the people who pay your bills Kabam.

Lol dont do it then. It's not kabams fault you didn't read that it only gives you one dupe. You dont have to do dungeons. I do, but I dont have too.

Constructive comment. Thanks for that
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    It’s still a 5* champ, that 1 sig could have awakened your Magik, or AA...

I understand it’s frustrating if you got a turd champ and it gave 1 sig, but it could of give you a new champ or awakened a top champ.

Still worth it, not many monthly events, well none have give you the possibility to obtain 3 5* champs.

Stop being ungrateful
    It’s still a 5* champ, that 1 sig could have awakened your Magik, or AA...

I understand it’s frustrating if you got a turd champ and it gave 1 sig, but it could of give you a new champ or awakened a top champ.

Still worth it, not many monthly events, well none have give you the possibility to obtain 3 5* champs.

Stop being ungrateful

What I’m not allowed to have an opinion that the rewards for the effort suck? There are so many below par 5*s out there that many people will feel the same

And who do you think you are telling me to stop being ungrateful. What is there to be grateful for? I put in the time and effort in to obtain the rewards and I’m just expressing my opinion to Kabam that I think the effort was a waste of time
  • PaytoPlayPaytoPlay Posts: 762 ★★★
    Almost makes sense to pick a crystal with the most champs that you not yet own instead of trying to dupe someone you want.... Counter intuitive if you ask me.
  • MarzGrooveMarzGroove Posts: 903 ★★★
    If the game makes you feel disgust on a regular basis, might I suggest a new game?
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    edited May 2018
    MarzGroove wrote: »
    If the game makes you feel disgust on a regular basis, might I suggest a new game?

Your comments like this and combined lack of empathy will lead to hopefully what you want. A game where you and the other elitest defenders don’t have a game to play.

It might be news to you but when the vast majority of feedback has been negative that is not a good thing.
  • BigTimeBigTime Posts: 246 ★★
    PaytoPlay wrote: »
    Almost makes sense to pick a crystal with the most champs that you not yet own instead of trying to dupe someone you want.... Counter intuitive if you ask me.

Bad system is still bad.
  • I_ZERO_II_ZERO_I Posts: 104
    I got the new champ I wanted on the first 5* crystal try. No complaints. Worth it.
    BigTime wrote: »

Your comments like this and combined lack of empathy will lead to hopefully what you want. A game where you and the other elitest defenders don’t have a game to play.

It might be news to you but when the vast majority of feedback has been negative that is not a good thing.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed that.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian

I've been participating in game forums since back when the messages had to be transmitted with fidonet. The vast majority of feedback is always negative. For every game, at every moment in time, the vast majority of feedback is always negative. Sometimes I agree with it, often I disagree with it, but regardless the one thing I know from experience is that the volume of it has no predictive value in whether a game will be successful and long-lived or not.

And no game is for everyone. Sometimes a game feature is something on the margins that can be changed by player feedback. But some things are fundamental to the game that no amount of feedback will ever change, because the game would sooner target and attract the players that like those properties rather than change them to chase after other players that don't like them. I suspect the randomness of the crystals is one of those fundamental properties that you can advocate tweaking, but is too ingrained in the dna of the game to radically change.

In either case, there's a difference between disliking a feature of a game and trying to advocate changing it, and it is another to literally feel disgust at something that is nominally supposed to be a form of entertainment. If someone told me they felt regular consistent disgust at a game, I would strongly advise them to stop playing it. It doesn't matter if the game is a good one or a bad one, whether I like playing it or not. I would always advise people to not subject themselves to unnecessary and unproductive misery. Especially when the odds of effecting radical change is not high.
  • LovingkidLovingkid Posts: 330 ★★
    Its your fault tbh how kabam has given this challenge and the 5* basic is the best yet so far you objectively get the max benefit from it like i did, i dont have GP , dont have Hyperion or ultron or angela im want them badly, but they are all are scattered in crystals with 6-7 trash champ who i already have, now i maximize my benefit by going for evolution crystal in which i dont own doc voodoo nebula RHulk , gambit , WS , etc im missing 2 more in it so i went for it got a new 5* nebula thats really better then many , iv already decided to open the rest 2 evolution crystal as well but this time all at once i only have karnak and IP , not even awakened. So thats how u can maximize benefit you cant expect to go for GR crystal , just by thinking of getting you have 90% chance to get canned. Simple math.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    If it's any consolation, I just wasted 9k by scrolling through the Crystals and hitting the button.
    Okay, perhaps that sounded condescending, but I meant I didn't intend to buy one. Lol.
  • ThebgjThebgj Posts: 635 ★★
    We have a post where someone said “tire” instead of tier, but no one points out that “2700” is a great price to awaken a 5*!!
    Thebgj wrote: »
    We have a post where someone said “tire” instead of tier, but no one points out that “2700” is a great price to awaken a 5*!!

I noticed. I just didn't want to call it. Lol.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I've been participating in game forums since back when the messages had to be transmitted with fidonet. The vast majority of feedback is always negative. For every game, at every moment in time, the vast majority of feedback is always negative. Sometimes I agree with it, often I disagree with it, but regardless the one thing I know from experience is that the volume of it has no predictive value in whether a game will be successful and long-lived or not.

And no game is for everyone. Sometimes a game feature is something on the margins that can be changed by player feedback. But some things are fundamental to the game that no amount of feedback will ever change, because the game would sooner target and attract the players that like those properties rather than change them to chase after other players that don't like them. I suspect the randomness of the crystals is one of those fundamental properties that you can advocate tweaking, but is too ingrained in the dna of the game to radically change.

In either case, there's a difference between disliking a feature of a game and trying to advocate changing it, and it is another to literally feel disgust at something that is nominally supposed to be a form of entertainment. If someone told me they felt regular consistent disgust at a game, I would strongly advise them to stop playing it. It doesn't matter if the game is a good one or a bad one, whether I like playing it or not. I would always advise people to not subject themselves to unnecessary and unproductive misery. Especially when the odds of effecting radical change is not high.

I find it so silly that folks resort to such hyperbole when discussing a game. I just can’t take such comments seriously. Everyone has bad beat stories, and hearing them is tiresome.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I find it so silly that folks resort to such hyperbole when discussing a game. I just can’t take such comments seriously. Everyone has bad beat stories, and hearing them is tiresome.

If it’s tiresome reading how others feel then go Troll another forum. Or even better go back to playing the game that never disappoints you, and have fun awakening that 5* Kamala Khan
    Okay, perhaps that sounded condescending, but I meant I didn't intend to buy one. Lol.

Every thread you comment on your condescending. If you don’t like the threads where people are disappointed in the game go start your own “I love everything Kabam does thread” and stay in there