Options

AW attack bonus question

Do different nodes have more than 3 attack bonuses? I was looking at the overview for our latest war and one of our BGs got 152 attack bonus. If you have 3 chances to earn an attack bonus per champ shouldn't that number be maxed out at 150?

Comments

• Options
    KnightarthusKnightarthus Posts: 419 ★★★
    Empty nodes have attack bonus as well
  • Options
    OrdalcaOrdalca Posts: 543 ★★★
    edited May 2018
    There are 50 defenders, but 55 nodes where you can place a defender in each battlegroup. This adds up to 165 attack bonus per battlegroup, or 495 per war. If you pass through an empty node, you get the full 3 attack bonus that you would have gotten if you beat a champion there without dying.
  • Options
    Earth_Rick_c137Earth_Rick_c137 Posts: 147
    Great Thx, do yall have any insight on how they determine MVP also? The stats they cite at the end are exploration, kills and defender rating. Does attack bonus come into play also?
  • Options
    SirTodd_83SirTodd_83 Posts: 177
    I'd like to know what's the point of having 55 nodes but only 50 defenders. Are kabam just bad at math, haha
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,699 Guardian
    SirTodd_83 wrote: »
    I'd like to know what's the point of having 55 nodes but only 50 defenders. Are kabam just bad at math, haha

Choice. You get to decide which nodes you place defenders on. With 50 nodes and 50 maximum defenders, there is no choice: every node gets populated.