**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Why piloting isn't really the issue

rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
Piloting was not the issue piloting was a side effect. Here was the real issue:

1. Rewards brackets were too narrow in AW
2. Differences between each bracket in terms of what you get were too big in AW.
3. AQ rewards are just terrible and further the cost of doing map 6 is just too high. The only revamp you've done was to add Void so that there would be fewer blades to use in AW potentially. Yes, it's that transparent.

Piloting was caused due to scarcity. The problem you've now created that concerns me is skilled and unskilled players that spent a lot are quitting as alliances blow up due to problems in AW. If AQ rewards were attractive for the unskilled spenders they might stay. If the rewards were not as scarce with less of drop off that would help. You worry about revenue for your bottom line. I wonder whether the game will continue when you continue to misfire so often and I skilled and unskilled players that spend retire en masse.

I think we may have seen a nose cut off to spite the face. Piloting shouldn't have been the norm. Piloting was not the real problem IMO. I don't even believe it was fairness that was addressed. I think the lack of potions being spent by skilled pilots was, though I could be wrong.

Are you going to address AQ cost and rewards(grinding sucks and drives people out of the game), and the disparity in AW rewards before it's too late is my question.

Comments

• klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,403 ★★★
    The issue is folks losing their minds over a set of rewards that, title aside, they're more likely to get much more quickly and with less agita by just running a few dungeons or completing thanos tasks for dust. There are NINE THOUSAND FOUR HUNDRED AND SEVENTY alliances sitting in tiers above Silver, and if you're not in the top four hundred and seventy of those already, odds are piloting alone is not the reason you are where you are.
  • shadow_lurker22shadow_lurker22 Posts: 3,243 ★★★★★
    Who wants to bet the op pilots?
  • Solrac_2Solrac_2 Posts: 497 ★★
    edited May 2018
    I agree partially with your premise. Piloting is an issue but Kabam did help create it with some of the issues that you raised. People are quitting this game or selling their accounts at a greater ratio than after the 12.0 debacle. AQ rewards desperately need to be revamped and the AW tiers need to not be so drastic. After all the complaints about AW last season, it was truly sad to see that most of our concerns were completely ignored--they did make the map more difficult and of course we still need to 100%, LOL.
  • Cujo999Cujo999 Posts: 117
    rwhack wrote: »
    Piloting was not the issue piloting was a side effect. Here was the real issue:

1. Rewards brackets were too narrow in AW
    2. Differences between each bracket in terms of what you get were too big in AW.
    3. AQ rewards are just terrible and further the cost of doing map 6 is just too high. The only revamp you've done was to add Void so that there would be fewer blades to use in AW potentially. Yes, it's that transparent.

Piloting was caused due to scarcity. The problem you've now created that concerns me is skilled and unskilled players that spent a lot are quitting as alliances blow up due to problems in AW. If AQ rewards were attractive for the unskilled spenders they might stay. If the rewards were not as scarce with less of drop off that would help. You worry about revenue for your bottom line. I wonder whether the game will continue when you continue to misfire so often and I skilled and unskilled players that spend retire en masse.

I think we may have seen a nose cut off to spite the face. Piloting shouldn't have been the norm. Piloting was not the real problem IMO. I don't even believe it was fairness that was addressed. I think the lack of potions being spent by skilled pilots was, though I could be wrong.

Are you going to address AQ cost and rewards(grinding sucks and drives people out of the game), and the disparity in AW rewards before it's too late is my question.

Alliances were piloting long before AW Seasons in both AW and AQ, though. There was much more public outcry about it during season 1 from the honest Alliances because the stakes were raised. The fact that well known players outed themselves and their Alliance for piloting only fanned the flames.

People have to realize that AW Tiers 1-7 only contain the top 9% of Alliances. The people calling it quits are a fraction of the smallest segment of the player base. There was zero motivation for the other 91% to spend to climb the ladder just to lose to cheaters repeatedly. If you're an honest player, and you hear that all the top Alliances are cheating, there's not much impetus to spend money to make it to a stage in the game where you have to cheat to be competitive.

• rwhackrwhack Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited May 2018

Who wants to bet you’re in a gold alliance?
    Solrac_2 wrote: »
    I agree partially with your premise. Piloting is an issue but Kabam did help create it with some of the issues that you raised. People are quitting this game or selling their accounts at a greater ratio than after the 12.0 debacle. AQ rewards desperately need to be revamped and the AW tiers need to not be so drastic. After all the complaints about AW last season, it was truly sad to see that most of our concerns were completely ignored--they did make the map more difficult and of course we still need to 100%, LOL.

No kabam didn't put a gun to anyone's head and force them to cheat sure these problems pointed out exist but there is no excuse for cheating none the less thats like u getting fired from your job just so the boss can make room for new employees then to make money u Rob a bank did ur boss contribute to you robbing the bank maybe but the decision to rob the bank was 100% your choice therefore you take 100% of the consequences same with the game these problems may have encouraged you to pilot or cheat but the decision is 100% yours

Yeah it’s like you don’t get anything but write anyway. I’ve literallly gotten 100 responses on LINE agreeing. The revenue drop will verify.

Quit frankly I’m likely better than you at every aspect of the game. I also spend more and care more. Your analogies are terrible and not related.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

No kabam didn't put a gun to anyone's head and force them to cheat sure these problems pointed out exist but there is no excuse for cheating none the less thats like u getting fired from your job just so the boss can make room for new employees then to make money u Rob a bank did ur boss contribute to you robbing the bank maybe but the decision to rob the bank was 100% your choice therefore you take 100% of the consequences same with the game these problems may have encouraged you to pilot or cheat but the decision is 100% yours

Yeah it’s like you don’t get anything but write anyway. I’ve literallly gotten 100 responses on LINE agreeing. The revenue drop will verify.

Quit frankly I’m likely better than you at every aspect of the game. I also spend more and care more. Your analogies are terrible and not related.

Wow 100 really, you must definitely be correct then lmao

First thing kabam will continue to make plenty of money no matter what people like you say about it. It may have a slight impact for a week or 2 til kabam roll out more offers of t2a or even t5b an every wallet will be out begging kabam to take the cash.

Second It's great that kabam are dropping the war rating for ally's that pilot. It's also even better seeing these scrubs who can't handle their own accounts get booted or implode alliances.

Piloting was around before seasons an even more than that was alliances jumping from shell to shell for better rewards. No matter what people and alliances will always try an game the system for better rewards. Personal I think these pilots should of got a month's ban at least on top of lower war rating an season points
  • RiegelRiegel Posts: 1,088 ★★★★
    @rwhack When you are putting up an argument you may not want to do personal attacks. Especially if they are right. Sorry your alliance broke up, but it looks like you've found a new one. Good luck in a fair season.
  • Vossler77Vossler77 Posts: 683 ★★
    Go solo. Problem solve. I did and I enjoy the game like I did in the old days (Pre12 nerf)
    Alright I made several comments after my original post that were not appropriate. That i apologize for.

What I don’t get is why the first post is flagged. Although a certain fedora wearing prolific poster seems to flag everything.

Always odd to me that guys who don’t spend and aren’t competitive post so much.

You all enjoy.
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I really fail to see why anyone would pilot...whats the point? You aren't playing the game? So what does it prove? Provide (beyond virtual game items)? Some sense of accomplishment? Pride in a well fought fight? Bragging rights for doing nothing?
  • RapRap Posts: 3,193 ★★★★
    I would be the first to agree that kabam has messed things up by poorly distributing items among the various tiers but grounded is wrong...it is more like: you see someone get something you want. They have worked hard and saved and earned it...you don't have the money to get what you want and you aren't willing to wait for it or earn it so you take it upon yourself to steal it. Sorry...but if you pilot...you are a thief!
  • The piloting punishments were good. Hope they continue. If the punishment made people quit, good. Most of what I've seen is alliances getting clean by dropping the piloted accounts. Don't see a problem w that at all. It's actually very difficult to come up with any sound argument against the punishments.
    edited May 2018

Yup I now can confirm you pilot otherwise you wouldn't be trying to defend it cheaters like you need to be banned and also shut your little ego down my I'm not the one defending cheating u r so 99% of people agree with me and also there is no way you could know if u r better at the game than me

Quit frankly I’m likely better than you at every aspect of the game. I also spend more and care more. Your analogies are terrible and not related.[/quote
    Wow takes have at people and defends cheating u r definitely a cheater and also my analogy is on point yes the rewards and stuff there are problems but none of it justifys piloting u know unless u pilot

And also I would rather be an honest player in a gold teir allinance than be a cheating pilot like you

Being in a gold alliance is better than being a cheating pilot which u obviously are because if you weren't you wouldn't be a try hard at defending it also if I don't know what I am talking about so badly why do I have more agrees than u
    Y analogy is a exact one u don't want to aknowladge that because u pilot but that's ok I don't really care what cheaters like u think of me and also yes u probably are better at the game than me u know because most cheats help u out with that
    I would like to apologise for all the repitition but my post keep not going thru and I make another one to all u honest players out there thank u for not cheating

Quit frankly I’m likely better than you at every aspect of the game. I also spend more and care more. Youral
    Ugh my phone is being dumb
  • WX45WX45 Posts: 7
    Piloting affects the whole alliance, even when a lot of times members of that particular alliance are not aware that a member is piloting and sometimes members are aware.

Punishment is, the good have to suffer for the bad.

A better approach for kabam is to punish the player directly who is piloting, and not the whole Alliance because we don't know if the other members are aware of a member who is piloting.

"Everyone got the same warning mail about piloting so if there's someone in an alliance piloting, why would the Alliance actually keep that member with them yo hurt the whole alliance"?

Find the players who are piloting and punish them directly.
  • While I do understand WHY the OP was inspired to say what he said, there's no justification for piloting. If you can't maintain your own account, then you take the hit. Your team takes the hit. That would level the playing field quite a bit if everyone was 100% legit. Running into people who mod are just as annoying if you ask me. Can't run the game on their skill alone, they have to rely on some outside party to help be it 3rd party software, or another player to run their account. Everyone wants to win. No doubt. But when you stoop so low as to cheat, even with the state of things being a bit.... shall we say off to be nice, you're as selfish, and shifty as most politicians. You smile while looking at that account but deep down you know you didn't earn it all on your own. I can safely say I did. I love what I've done and had fun doing it. Yeah, perhaps I could have had more if I pushed for it, but I'm happy with my Alliance, and happy to continue growing together by playing fair. Sure, we may not nail everything. Just the same, we started as a 2 million rated Alliance a year ago playing Map 3 to growing to an 11.3 million rated Expert Tier 5x5 Gold 1 Alliance. No cheating. No nonsense, just having fun together. Of course we want to win. Of course we're pushing to get into Platinum this Season. If we can, AWESOME. If not, oh well, we'll do better next season. And we shall do so by playing fair. I know this won't change many minds out there. Sadly they're too consumed with the desire to win that they'll sacrifice their own dignity by cheating to do so. Yeah, they won't catch them all. Yeah, it blows. Just do you and do the best you can with what yah got. I wish you all the best. Have fun out there.
This discussion has been closed.