**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Kabam Please read ... have you tried this

TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
Have you Checked the effect of being in a Alliance
Asking for help from arena
And members giving that help
And the effect on gameplay on that

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Treo wrote: »

In the past there was an issue where alliance members clicking the help button for your arena champs could induce significant lag into your game at times. That issue was fixed a while ago, but it is possible a lesser form of it could have returned. Recently I've seen some occasional bursts of lag that while nowhere near as bad as the arena help issue used to be, could possibly have been explained by a lesser recurrence.

If you see a correlation between alliance members granting refresh help and lag in your game that seems pretty consistent, I would report that. That's a problem no one wants to see come back in full force.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    DNA3000 wrote: »

In the past there was an issue where alliance members clicking the help button for your arena champs could induce significant lag into your game at times. That issue was fixed a while ago, but it is possible a lesser form of it could have returned. Recently I've seen some occasional bursts of lag that while nowhere near as bad as the arena help issue used to be, could possibly have been explained by a lesser recurrence.

If you see a correlation between alliance members granting refresh help and lag in your game that seems pretty consistent, I would report that. That's a problem no one wants to see come back in full force.

I didn't see much improvement to be honest. There was some but definitely not a significant improvement. I still get horrible lag at times from arena help.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    DaMunk wrote: »
    DNA3000 wrote: »

I didn't see much improvement to be honest. There was some but definitely not a significant improvement. I still get horrible lag at times from arena help.

At the time the fix went in, the vast majority of comments I read about the issue seemed to be that players saw a dramatic improvement. However, different players can see different effects from different issues that other players don't see for a variety of complex, and sometimes bizarre reasons. The recent server outages are proof of that.

For me, back then anything at all happening in the background basically turned the game into powerpoint, including arena help. The patches almost completely eliminated that, at least compared to what it was. If people are still experiencing that issue to anywhere near the same degree, its the first I've heard of it, but it should definitely be reported.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    It may have helped at first but out of habit I timed my help requests so they don't interfer. I started getting out of the habit recently and lag is definitely there. Honestly I wish they would make it so your search parameters stayed between rounds, that would make it easier to not ask for help until you weren't worried about getting lag because it doesn't seem like they can fix it.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Wilky wrote: »
    After 3 years of playing this game, I’ve finally had enough. You just keep doing silent changes making the game less and less fun. All so you can try and sneak a couple bucks from people. Wars are just stupid unless your in top league of players and have just about every champ in a 5* version. Masteries and synergies only work when you feel they should. You took a great game and turned it into a turd. Marvel should be ashamed their name is affiliated with you. Just remember you can polish and shine a turd until it’s glinting like a diamond but you still just have a turd

Agree with the part about still having a turn after it's polished. That's obviously true. Not sure you could get one to glint like a diamond though. I think you'd just wind up with mashed turd.
  • TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
    Kabam could you please react to this question ... have you investigated a correlation between help requests and lag ??
  • DarthPhalDarthPhal Posts: 1,064 ★★★★
    Just ditch the help button altogether and speed up the refresh times a little.
  • Sirnoob2Sirnoob2 Posts: 289 ★★
    Kabam could you please react to this question ... have you investigated a correlation between help requests and lag ??

in a old patch note they talked about making improvements to it forget the version tho
  • TreoTreo Posts: 386 ★★
    I feel the problem is still there I had way more problems tonight now I was in the taskmaster arena and asking for help ... I notice it every time ... but I haven’t seen Kabam talk about this and I would like to hear if they are looking into a possible correlation between the lag and performance issues and the (arena) help feature ...
  • MSRDLDMSRDLD Posts: 913 ★★★
    What device are you using?
    What version of MCOC are you playing?
    Were you using Wi-Fi or your cellular data?
    What champs were you using?
    Did you have any boosts activated?
    What time of day or night was this?
    What was the temperature outside?
    What was the temperature inside?
    What day of the week was this?
    Did you have any other applications running?
    Was your sound turned on?
    During which phase of the moon was this occurring?

The game team needs to know these things in order to replicate the issue, you know.
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    I think you missed a few but I can’t recall them(to post above)