**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

E-Maintenance announcements

ArmandStarArmandStar Posts: 1,129 ★★★
when there's one, normally a mod makes a thread about it, and usually the post includes some variation of "we'll update you as soon as possible".

when the maintenance is over, they respond with "The Contest is back up and running".

seems like when they say they'll update us, it only means letting us know when the maintenance finishes.
we don't get told what issue caused the maintenance, what got fixed during the maintenance.
i don't know about the rest of you, but when someone tells me they'll update me on a maintenance, i think they'll tell me what was the issue that required a maintenance and what was done to fix it, or long story short, what changed / what was done during the maintenance

Comments

• Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    I agree. Sadly this methodology is not something the mods will embrace anytime soon.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    ArmandStar wrote: »
    when there's one, normally a mod makes a thread about it, and usually the post includes some variation of "we'll update you as soon as possible".

when the maintenance is over, they respond with "The Contest is back up and running".

seems like when they say they'll update us, it only means letting us know when the maintenance finishes.
    we don't get told what issue caused the maintenance, what got fixed during the maintenance.
    i don't know about the rest of you, but when someone tells me they'll update me on a maintenance, i think they'll tell me what was the issue that required a maintenance and what was done to fix it, or long story short, what changed / what was done during the maintenance

Why on earth would they need to tell us. It's not our business to know. They aren't obligated to tell us the cause. They don't own the servers so they can't share anyway, which has been stated before.
  • Options
    *and they're supposed to be all about transparency

It's server side related not game related. They don't need to tell us or should tell us.
  • Options
    that's not what we were told.
    besides, why "shouldn't" they tell us?

They said more transparency about game related issues, I.e. bugs. Server side issues are different. Kabam doesnt own them and probably won't comment on those issues. No company that employs 3rd parties will tell you whats wrong. Its not any of your business why something errors out in the first place.
  • Options
    being unable to access the game is not my business. got it.

So if you take your car to get fixed but one of the machines they need to fix your car stops working, are you expecting an explanation of exactly what's wrong with the machine? No, if you ask, they aren't going to give you details anyway.
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5FR33_HUG5 Posts: 1,196 ★★★★
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

So if you take your car to get fixed but one of the machines they need to fix your car stops working, are you expecting an explanation of exactly what's wrong with the machine? No, if you ask, they aren't going to give you details anyway.

They are still obligated tell you why they are unable to repair your vehicle. They are also obligated to provide an estimated time as to when they will get to your vehicle.

The same can be applied to the servers Kabam rents. Assuming of course the issues are “server” related.
  • Options
    FR33_HUG5 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »

They are still obligated tell you why they are unable to repair your vehicle. They are also obligated to provide an estimated time as to when they will get to your vehicle.

The same can be applied to the servers Kabam rents. Assuming of course the issues are “server” related.

Using your example-
    "I can't get into the game". Server is down.
    "When can I get back in?". When the server is up.
    This is exactly what they've been doing.
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Posts: 4
    This is the reason ppl leaving this game and the ones that stay don’t want to spend money on this anymore and all they come out with like sorry there’s no sorry for that ppl doing dungeons, war , arenas..
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    I feel even they don't know when the game goes down. I bet they read our reports of game going down then they check themselves and then post a sticky thread about the emergency maintenance. How come the players always report the games down earlier than a mod posting about it? If that is not the case then why couldn't they post about the maintenance to come 15 minutes prior to happening it or even send an in game mail just prior to it? Because they themselves don't know and get to know from the community. Talk about efficiency.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Anurag1606 wrote: »
    I feel even they don't know when the game goes down. I bet they read our reports of game going down then they check themselves and then post a sticky thread about the emergency maintenance. How come the players always report the games down earlier than a mod posting about it? If that is not the case then why couldn't they post about the maintenance to come 15 minutes prior to happening it or even send an in game mail just prior to it? Because they themselves don't know and get to know from the community. Talk about efficiency.

The Mods run the forum, not the game thats why. They are in charge of monitoring threads. They post news about the game when they get the news from the dev teams. The Mods have NOTHING to do with the game.