**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The AW Game Changer: Blade

AngelicsignAngelicsign Posts: 391 ★★
Everybody talk about Blade, and with GR synergy, all villains are like a balloon on blade.

A lot of debate to buff,nerf, don’t do anything to him. Just want to shoutout my point of view here, where in fact I want to recognize Kabam’s effort on this.

After Blade got introduced, in AW def, the mystic world, now we see more diverse champs being put as miniboss and boss. Like instead of the usual mephisto magik dorm jugg modok which also dominently mystic class, nowadays I see a lot of other classes like medusa hyperion iceman spidey.

On the other hand, the attk, atleast I will need to spectate, plan my roster before going instead of the best 3 champs.

But other than that, I do still feel that trinity is a little overpower, which makes them always the first group of choice for all events.

Comments

• Options
    Crazyjack719Crazyjack719 Posts: 425 ★★
    I think regardless of the synergy and how it effects how Alliances place defence, people are just enjoy playing them and what They can do as individual champs. But I do think that there will be more diversity in attack in the next couple months as people place more mystic/villain alternatives.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Blade would still wreck the mystic defenders without the GR synergy as they are dimensional beings, so he would still serve that purpose without it. I still think they need to cut the blade-GR synergy, having him wreck half of all champs leads to new pointless classifications and increasingly crazy skills to bypass he “Trinity”.

It would make him a Gulk that can heal and bleed, which is still a really good champ.
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★
    Blade would still wreck the mystic defenders without the GR synergy as they are dimensional beings, so he would still serve that purpose without it. I still think they need to cut the blade-GR synergy, having him wreck half of all champs leads to new pointless classifications and increasingly crazy skills to bypass he “Trinity”.

It would make him a Gulk that can heal and bleed, which is still a really good champ.

That's not true really. There are only 6 mystics that are actually dimensional beings. GR synergy is what makes blade better. And icing on the cake is provided by sparky. Honestly without danger sense blade is Demi god tier I feel. Only the danger sense that makes him better.
  • Options
    Anurag1606 wrote: »

That's not true really. There are only 6 mystics that are actually dimensional beings. GR synergy is what makes blade better. And icing on the cake is provided by sparky. Honestly without danger sense blade is Demi god tier I feel. Only the danger sense that makes him better.

...and all of the difficult mystic defenders are dimensional beings outside of Juggernaut. The rest are diversity defenders so don’t really matter for the conversation. He would still be a top AW and AQ attacker without GR synergy because he has advantage on hard defenders and has regen/power gain/damage over time.
  • Options
    The1_NuclearOnionThe1_NuclearOnion Posts: 907 ★★★
    I'd like to see more champs with the balance of abilities tied to each other like he has.
    If you bleed, he gets power gain, if he heals he loses power, if he doesn't trigger special or heal, he has reduced debuff effects.
    More dynamic use of the power meter like this please.
    Danger Sense is akin to shock damage or frostbite really. Which work on pretty much everyone. Now add autoblock with parry. Blade is no longer OP but right on course with future champions.
  • Options
    Anurag1606Anurag1606 Posts: 1,174 ★★★

...and all of the difficult mystic defenders are dimensional beings outside of Juggernaut. The rest are diversity defenders so don’t really matter for the conversation. He would still be a top AW and AQ attacker without GR synergy because he has advantage on hard defenders and has regen/power gain/damage over time.

I never said he's not one of the top. But he becomes better with GR as he gets danger sense for all villains which is a huge number as compared to the mystic dimensional beings when he's all alone. And you sound as if only the Mystics are the real defenders. He maybe among games top 10 when he's alone I would say but becomes top 5 when with GR. There is a definite difference that you can't overlook.
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,117 ★★★★★
    GR and spark are fantastic champs as well and get used for many of the fights in aw. I am not one of the people who use blade for all the fights. In fact it's often only 1/3 of the fights on my path. Sometimes, if the mini and boss are heros, I don't even bring him... He's one of the best attackers relative to how we defense used to be. But as hero defenders are making a resurgence..things are becoming more balanced.
  • Options
    And yes..I think it's great that people now have to think about which defenders to place instead of just throwing down as many MD reliant/unavoidable damage defenders as possible.
  • Options
    Also, in some matchups, magik is actually a better attacker.
  • Options
    I like that her role has been switched in aw..so if anyone complains that "my magik defender is useless now.." She's an amazing attacker guys.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

I never said he's not one of the top. But he becomes better with GR as he gets danger sense for all villains which is a huge number as compared to the mystic dimensional beings when he's all alone. And you sound as if only the Mystics are the real defenders. He maybe among games top 10 when he's alone I would say but becomes top 5 when with GR. There is a definite difference that you can't overlook.

I’m not sure whose comments you are responding to, but it’s not mine. Clearly he’s one of the top, you never said otherwise but you did downgrade him to “demi god” (subjective) which I don’t agree with. You’re misreading, I’m saying he’s still a hard counter to dimensional beings/mystic defense without synergy, but with GR synergy he is a hard counter to even more valuable defenders leaving only a few that he doesn’t excel against.

My whole stance is that the GR synergy makes too large of a difference and moves him from great to necessary in wars, which is the problem. Kabam stated the reason for the 12.0 champ nerfs was that they couldn’t make content that was difficult both with and without them. Look at the AW map and new defenders now and tell me the same isn’t happening for the “trinity”.

But it’s all been covered ad nauseam, no need to get into it all again.