**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

v18.1 Discussion Thread

167891012»

Comments

• DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,465 Guardian
    DNA3000 wrote: »
    Dshu wrote: »
    How are we supposed to know who is next for the nerf list? Trying to rank up champs is nearly impossible.

And yet I keep ranking up champs. If you can't make decisions without a perfect crystal ball of the future, then MMOs are not the best gaming option for you. All of these games promise the same thing: the game will change in ways players may not get advanced warning about, and game play decisions need to presume that anything could change at any time. You can argue any one particular change should or shouldn't happen, but you cannot argue that the game shouldn't change at all once you've decided to make a decision. That's an argument you cannot win, and honestly for the most part you won't find enough players to support that argument to make it winnable.
    Actually if you step outside the Kabam-controlled zone of these forums, the public sentiment surrounding the communities current view of Kabam is pretty obvious. Check out Youtube or Reddit communities (or the Fair Trading website) and the anger of these nerfs and Kabam as a whole screams a very loud and clear message.

It screams "some people like to scream." But I think people keep forgetting, or perhaps didn't even realize, that not even during the 12.0 debacle was the player community genuinely unified over the changes. And the idea that the vague sentiments being posted on public forums accurately represented an overall strong signal was repeatedly smacked down by players who thought they could tap into their perceived anger by the "community" by trying to rally players to unify over other issues. Which never worked.

Anyone who thinks they can read the pulse of the *overall* player community by watching Youtube streamers and reading the Reddit clearly wasn't paying any attention during 12.0. It was so easy to see that everyone was unhappy, but everyone mistakenly thought everyone else was unhappy about the same things they were. Until they tried to act on that belief.

That's partially why calling for a boycott these days can't even get most players to yawn. So many players called for them that the entire notion was burned out almost before 12.1 came out.
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,636 ★★★★★
    Dshu wrote: »
    How are we supposed to know who is next for the nerf list? Trying to rank up champs is nearly impossible.

And yet I keep ranking up champs. If you can't make decisions without a perfect crystal ball of the future, then MMOs are not the best gaming option for you. All of these games promise the same thing: the game will change in ways players may not get advanced warning about, and game play decisions need to presume that anything could change at any time. You can argue any one particular change should or shouldn't happen, but you cannot argue that the game shouldn't change at all once you've decided to make a decision. That's an argument you cannot win, and honestly for the most part you won't find enough players to support that argument to make it winnable.
    Actually if you step outside the Kabam-controlled zone of these forums, the public sentiment surrounding the communities current view of Kabam is pretty obvious. Check out Youtube or Reddit communities (or the Fair Trading website) and the anger of these nerfs and Kabam as a whole screams a very loud and clear message.

It screams "some people like to scream." But I think people keep forgetting, or perhaps didn't even realize, that not even during the 12.0 debacle was the player community genuinely unified over the changes. And the idea that the vague sentiments being posted on public forums accurately represented an overall strong signal was repeatedly smacked down by players who thought they could tap into their perceived anger by the "community" by trying to rally players to unify over other issues. Which never worked.

Anyone who thinks they can read the pulse of the *overall* player community by watching Youtube streamers and reading the Reddit clearly wasn't paying any attention during 12.0. It was so easy to see that everyone was unhappy, but everyone mistakenly thought everyone else was unhappy about the same things they were. Until they tried to act on that belief.

That's partially why calling for a boycott these days can't even get most players to yawn. So many players called for them that the entire notion was burned out almost before 12.1 came out.
    True. There will always be more unwitting meat stepping up to the grinder.

All I can do is quit myself and enjoy my own free time. That's a choice each individual has to make on their own.

Don't quit yourself man.