**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

AA after update fix nerf becomes usless for LOL runs

GoreGore Posts: 85
Game updated automatically when I was in a LOL path run.
I can see that he can’t be used anymore for this type of OLD Quest.
Started fight parry once heavy parry twice inflict 2 neurotoxins . I ve let them expire short stun shorter .
So after 10 hits practically u are fighting a stun immune opponent with 3.4 mil health
That also reflects in the damage u can put on your opponent who is lower and lower cause u inflict neurotoxin rare and only from specials.

So in conclusion I ranked 5 my 5* AA for LOL runs ( to help me with some specific nodes ) he can’t anymore
Beside this if u fight a maxed limber opponent after neurotoxins expire if u don’t hit like Flash u might get stunned

So AA become a usless champ
Beside damage or simple quests he is nothing

Comments

• TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Useless? Really? My game has never auto updated while in use either. Maybe change your automatic lc update sertings to prevent that from happening, if it really did, but you’re the 1st to state that.
    AA is still a beast. A little less now, but sure beats a lot of others. I wish I had him.
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    GL with that.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,235 ★★★★★
    I understand that AA shouldnt be able to bypass stun immune nodes, but one of the great things about him is his passive "Archangel's ability accuracy cannot be decreased by the opponent's abilities". So his Stun should be abled to be decreased by opponents abilties like Limber in LOL. This is a much larger nerf that everyone initial thought, so this should be fixed ASAP!!!! His utilties went down very fast if this stays a permanent fix.

Sure everyone would have thought twice about ranking archangel up if this was known.

That depends whether you are looking at Abilities or Nodes. Nodes that give Immunity aren't really Abilities perse.
    I was speaking in the general sense, not to your argument specifically. They've already commented that they won't be giving Tickets in his case. Fact is, if you Ranked him for LOL specifically, that was your prerogative. It was a fix. Not one that altered how he is meant to function.
    We've already established that it was a mistaken comment 6 months ago. Which people have had 6 months to use it to their advantage. Irregardless, if you're Ranking for one reason alone, whether confirmed on the Forum or not, you are limiting your own use of a Champ. That's not the extent of his use by far. A few Nodes in LOL. He's highly useful as-is.
  • HeidanHeidan Posts: 12
    Does someone knows if we are going to have a ranking down ticket for that "Nerf" ?
    Thanks
    What I have in my Roster has nothing to do with the subject. Who I Rank is up to me, the same as who you Rank is up to you. You Ranked a decent Champ who is still decent when fixed. If you used rare Resources for a few Nodes in LOL, that was your choice. For that matter, if you did it 6 months ago and you're arguing that someone doesn't understand your point in the game, you should be done with those Nodes by now. Either way, it was a bug that was fixed, and a Max AA is nothing to be disappointed about.
  • SuperFarzSuperFarz Posts: 166
    edited June 2018
    Getting free stuns not counting as a parry is broken, sad to say I agree that this was balanced to do. He is still one of the best champs in game. The feedback or solution ( none right now) after I agree needs to be changed. Just curious who would you R5 now instead?
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    Id take up Blade as hes the only other LOL clearing option I have, I will have to wait another 2 months to R5 him regardless of what they do about AA.

The issue I have is that it was reported as working as intended so I rank him up, up 6 months later they change it & its oh sorry guys! we got it wrong! it IS a bug now so we gonna 'fix' it and screw anyone who sunk their resources into him.
  • LosspikLosspik Posts: 253 ★★
    With my luck Ill rank 5 Blade in 2 months & December they'll announce that hes 'bugged' & 'fix' him & ill get shafted again.

The precedent that this creates is so dangerous as they can now change champs they dont feel fit into their ideas for new content & use the excuse that they were 'bugged'
  • World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,564 ★★★★★
    _ASDF_ wrote: »
    AA has one of the highest damage outputs in the game, requires no synergy to be massively effective and takes extremely little damage in a fight. As long as he can stun the enemy, they melt. This does not change his value... although being the verified that he was working as intended and a video showed up on youtube from last years NYCC showcasing this ability... i say AA 4/5* RDT's would be worthwhile. At the very least with the litany of changes to keep some players happy.

Does not change his value?

AA was the only one who could bypass stun immune nodes, IE, AW bosses. Of course this nerf changes his value.

I do agree that AA specific rank down tickets should be given out.
  • Pot_Belly_Papa1Pot_Belly_Papa1 Posts: 61
    edited June 2018
    Losspik wrote: »
    With my luck Ill rank 5 Blade in 2 months & December they'll announce that hes 'bugged' & 'fix' him & ill get shafted again.

The precedent that this creates is so dangerous as they can now change champs they dont feel fit into their ideas for new content & use the excuse that they were 'bugged'

It’s been standard practice since the start of the game .

Take magik , she’s been broken since start , they updated her and she still was broken, they update and an apparent bug miraculously fixes her ability so it starts to work like it should then bam! To much fuss is kicked up so they take her back to being broken .

Typical kabam tactics , now AA was broken as he stunned even on an immune node so they fix him but that’s fine , obviously someone can’t read champ bio info or use the correct wording .
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    I don’t understand the people who come here to debate the community everyday....if people had an advantage in LOL or war since last summer changing it now achieves what exactly...then a freak show like crystal opening whale emerges on YouTube thousands of dollars in crystal opens fully explains everything what doesn’t make sense is sense now
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,657 Guardian
    Losspik wrote: »
    was it mistaken or are they just going back on their word to allow them a wider range of nodes for future content

At the time the AA thing came up, my understanding of passive effects was incomplete. If I knew then what I know now, I would have called out the statement as being extremely unlikely to be correct, despite the fact that a moderator was saying it. It would simply be fundamentally illogical. Believe it or not, this precise situation has come up before in other games. It falls into the category of absolutely irresistible effects. Short version: my game design hat all but screams "error" with regard to this situation. It could never have been allowed to stand indefinitely.

Because of that I'm willing to give Kabam the benefit of the doubt that the original statement was actually a mistake, and the intent was never to do this. I wouldn't bet my life on it because people make stupid mistakes all the time. If it was any other game company I would say it is extremely unlikely to have been a deliberate problem. But Kabam sometimes surprises me by replicating the errors of game design history that I assume everyone is supposed to know. You're supposed to know never hand your players "absolutely irresistible" effects that directly do important things, because you've just tied your content designers' hands behind their backs and then thrown them into a fast flowing river.
  • LoganLogan Posts: 143 ★★
    All of your “understandings” are incomplete
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    I was speaking in the general sense, not to your argument specifically. They've already commented that they won't be giving Tickets in his case. Fact is, if you Ranked him for LOL specifically, that was your prerogative. It was a fix. Not one that altered how he is meant to function.

Stop it. How he was "meant" to function is irrelevant after we were told he was meant to function otherwise. Ranking someone for the hardest and most expensive content in the game if they have an ability that can save you money makes sense. Being told that he was meant to function that way ought to have made it safe. Calling it a "fix" when the "bug" was only announced after the fact is absurd. Every nerf is a "fix" depending on how you define the word. You are ignoring what is the right thing to do from an ethics/business standpoint based on semantics.
  • DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    We have people debating whether it was a bug or intended but seems we are missing the bigger picture. With all available information this champ was working correctly. This was a sizable change to the champ, Nerf, without the ability for the players to make adjustments to their roster. If Kabam had only came out and said they needed to adjust him because he was breaking content, which they did say, then everyone would agreed this is a Nerf but they called it a fix which some people buy. Kabam also said in the past if they Nerf a champ they would give out rdts...but this is a fix... right? I'm fine with them making adjustments when needed and I'm fine if an employee makes a mistake. What I'm not real happy about is people made decisions based off their mistakes and they don't seem to want to make it right.

Stop it. How he was "meant" to function is irrelevant after we were told he was meant to function otherwise. Ranking someone for the hardest and most expensive content in the game if they have an ability that can save you money makes sense. Being told that he was meant to function that way ought to have made it safe. Calling it a "fix" when the "bug" was only announced after the fact is absurd. Every nerf is a "fix" depending on how you define the word. You are ignoring what is the right thing to do from an ethics/business standpoint based on semantics.
    How he is meant to function is not irrelevant. Especially since we've established it was a mistaken comment. In fact, how he was intended to function is exactly what we're discussing.