**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champions Recovering from Hits Too Fast and BLOCKING

Hi all,

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? It appears to be new since the latest update. Essentially, enemies are recovering too quickly after being hit to block. This happened to me on two occasions so far as of last night when I first started noticing it:

1) Fighting in arena with CAP WWII versus CABLE. I got hit with the first shot of CABLE'S SP2 but was able to recover and block the rest, which shouldn't have happened.

2) I just fought Juggy on mini boss node 48 in ALLIANCE WAR. 5 times I got to SP1 and did a M-L-L-L-M combo and unleashed the 1st special prior to having my power drained and he recovered to block ALL 5 of them, even though I had just hit him with the medium and pressed the SP1 button immediately after contact, which has worked 100% of the time in the past with Hulk. How was it possible for Juggy to do this???

Both of these are considered VERSUS fights, right (AW and arena)? Could it be unique to that? I don't recall this happening in any of the event quest fights yet, but it may not have had a chance to occur.

Phone: Brand new Google Pixel 2 (Android Oreo 8.0)

Thanks very much in advance for your help on this!
@Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

Comments

• DizzyDizzy Posts: 236 ★★
    What a coincidence - my Alliance leader just noticed almost the exact same problems. Hasn't happened personally to me yet but I'll grind arena a bit and see if it comes up.
  • Blitzkilla420Blitzkilla420 Posts: 561 ★★★
    I used to be able to launch a special to break out of an AI combo when I was getting cornered at one end or just in general but now when I'm taking 2 or 3 blocked hits from the AI and I press the special button nothing happens? Why is that!?

Why is our own special button input and inputs while blocking an AI combo being messed with?

I have proof of this if anyone or mod wants to say otherwise
  • TiemiliosTiemilios Posts: 337
    I have a video of it. Is that OK to post? I'm not sure exactly how to do it yet, though.
  • This also has happened to me since the last update. AI opponent is able to block at the end of your M-L-L-L-M combo when you chain an SP1 or SP2 to it. Almost exactly when you press the Special button.

Also, I've noticed since the update that the opponent can start a combo on me, but then I am able to successfully trigger a Parry out of it during the 3rd or 4th hit. However, on hit #1 of the AI attempted combo, my side of the screen records a successful Parry...yet the opponent keeps continuing their combo instead of being stunned, which is what should happen upon a successful Parry attempt. If you did not parry successfully, the screen should not prompt that you successfully Parried.

Good observations @Tiemilios ! You're a veteran skilled player. So this is helpful info!
    I hope it's OK I posted the video! I've seen others do it...just wasn't sure if that was allowed or not and I know people like to see proof of the issues. I found that Voodoo in the leaderboards and attempted to replicate the issue there, which was successful.
    In further playing today this happened with several other champs in arena. I hope this gets fixed.
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★
    The first one isn't necessarily a bug: there's a very specific timing with the character's special attacks and the period with which they "stun" you.

The amount of time is based on the idea that you were hit by the very first one, and each subsequent hit will hit you just before the "stun" expires, so you can't recover at all. However, if you get hit by a projectile and you are further away then you would have been if you were hit by the initial attack eg. Cable's sp2 or Moon Knight's sp1, if you dash back as far as you can, the stun time is shorter than the time it takes for the next hit to reach you.

This is really evident with Moon Knight's sp1 because it's kick, projectile, kick, projectile. If you get hit by the first projectile and you're out of range of the next kick, then you'll recover in time to avoid the next projectile.

Does that make sense?
    Yes, that does make sense :), but I just want to reiterate that I got hit by Cable's first hit of his SP2, not the projectile attack. You are definitely correct though about the projectile attacks further away. I really shouldn't have been able to recover to block shots 2 and 3 of the sp2, I think. @ShadPrince
    This is occurring consistently after a combo for many other champs as well, such as Spider-man's L2 and Iron Man's L2.
  • Icecold2099Icecold2099 Posts: 577 ★★★
    Yep, happening to me also all over the contest.
  • Carnage313Carnage313 Posts: 359 ★★★
    Yes getting very annoying
    edited June 2018
    @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit @Kabam Rose @Kabam DK @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Loto Can anyone comment if this will be fixed?
  • K1lltasticK1lltastic Posts: 674 ★★★
    After all the grinding for deadpool, I noticed this happening frequently with phoenix's L2
  • SceptilemaniacSceptilemaniac Posts: 1,195 ★★★★
    Yeah, it happens with Iron man OG's sp2 too!!
  • Spidermonkey902Spidermonkey902 Posts: 63
    After months of improving my game I've been able to start clearing content consitantly yet this month doesn't matter how many ways I try I can't get a successful special to hit at all I'm glad I'm not the only one I thought I'd suddenly became a terrible player again kabam needs to sort this out I have found it almost impossible to do master this month I'm not happy!!
  • Beholder_VBeholder_V Posts: 190
    I just faced Blade on 2.2 of the current Masacre quest, and I was completely unable to get any specials in chained to a combo. I tried the normal post-5 hit combo, tried reducing it to 4 hits, and just for grins after the first hit. The only way I could land a special was when he was stunned. So while I'm typically skeptical of posts like this, I just experienced it first hand to a really large degree.
  • FineDogFineDog Posts: 403 ★★★
    I had a fun thing going in arena this past round. Normally, when you do a full combo, the champ has to pause briefly at the end, during which the opponent can block or dash or attack or whatever. But instead, I was frequently getting caught in 5-hit combos by the AI, and the AI would recover from it's pause so fast that I could not respond in any way before it would start another combo. Sometimes this would happen three or four times in a row, with me frantically trying to get my block up while the AI just launched combo after combo.
  • NinjaWarrior99NinjaWarrior99 Posts: 340
    zeezee57 wrote: »
    Happens quite a bit actually. I'll throw a 5 hit combo followed immediately by special, pretty much the exact same way every time. Half of the time it lands like it always has and the other half it gets blocked when the opponent shouldn't have the time to make that happen.

I also occasionally get where the last hit of the combo just drops leaving the special easily blocked. Both get pretty annoying, particularly when playing harder content.

These happen to me as well exactly as described
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    Yeah, if you watch closely in that video, voodoo is actually hit by the blast before he visually throws up his block, yet he is awarded the parry.
  • PlayerPlayer Posts: 169
    I’ve seen the same thing lately. Trying to do special after 3 or 4 hits of combo and getting blocked, happened to me in final quest of RTTL yesterday and in arena. Also seen it in AQ, AW and Uncollected event quest.
  • 2ndMAN2ndMAN Posts: 3
    I have been seeing these type of post more often. Don't worry, this post will be closed soon with a comment from mods " the case has been looking into" type of things.
  • EnderDraco58EnderDraco58 Posts: 957 ★★
    It's happened since long before the last update. I do find, however, that it has been happening more often lately, as I had enemies block Thor sp2 and Gwenpool sp1 straight out of combo.