**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Top AW Defenders By Class

DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
https://youtu.be/hwlAAii_xuE

Looking for feedback on this video. What're your guys' thoughts?

Comments

• Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★

I think it moves a little too slow. Slides with little to no text could be briefer.

You should suggest nodes that fit each defender.

Cosmic Spider-Man needs to move from 5 up to 2. He is a far better defender than Venompool, KG, and Hyperion.

Sabretooth isn't a good defender. He never gets kills in my experience (Tier 2/3). Neither does Thor Ragnarok for that matter.

• mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited June 2018
    King Groot is very easy to defeat. His specials are very easy to ready and get around. Where as venom is much more aggressive and reluctant to use his sp1. There's still a lot of people out there not comfortable with his sp2.
    Cable's Sp1 is completely evade-able. If people duel him to get the timing right, it's a really easy fight.
    Rhino is easy for anyone who cleared RTTL. In lower tiers he's tough, but higher tiers he's a breeze. I think electro, despite being a 4* is better. MODOK on the boss node may be more difficult, but Spiderman pretty much anywhere else is harder. void is more difficult than both.
    No way thor ragnarok, kingpin, or taskmaster get more kills the BPCW. Taskmaster maybe, but while he becomes debuff immune, he doesn't do anything aside from that.
    Sentinels lose so much value since they are prevalent in AQ. Still worthy of being in the top 5, but make one mistake with spiderman se and it's half over for you. Sentinels are completely evade-able - even with full analysis are still pretty easy to clear out. Tech Class is loaded with good defenders also. Could honorably mention doc oc, has long reach, ultrons for their durability and evade, war machine for the unblockable sp1, yondu for the bleed and taking away your ability to parry light attacks.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »

I think it moves a little too slow. Slides with little to no text could be briefer.

You should suggest nodes that fit each defender.

Cosmic Spider-Man needs to move from 5 up to 2. He is a far better defender than Venompool, KG, and Hyperion.

Sabretooth isn't a good defender. He never gets kills in my experience (Tier 2/3). Neither does Thor Ragnarok for that matter.

@Hulk_77 Thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for. To answer your comments:

1) The 1st draft's slide transitions were half as long. I didn't like slides not appearing long enough for people to read all the text so I made all slide transitions take longer. Your suggestion would make the presentation much better.

2) I considered listing node recommendations for each defender but I didn't want the presentation to be overly ambitious.

3) IMO Cosmic Spidey is best on stun immune/unblockable sp1 nodes. Venompool and KG have more utility IMO. Venompool at a high sig ability can be a nightmare of a fight (e.g., 5/65 max sig ability Venompool in LOL), and KG fights are most difficult towards the end when he has fury stacked high. Aside from Hyperion and Medusa the top cosmic defenders are up for debate.

4) My alliance recently ranked up to tier 2, before that we've been at tier 3 all of Season 2. Recently my 4* max sig ability Sabretooth got 10+ kills on node 24. The right masteries like limber make a huge difference on AW defense, but I can see where you're coming from with saying Sabretooth isn't a good defender. Same goes for Thor Ragnarok (usually does ok on node 34), Agent Venom may have been a better choice.
  • DTMelodicMetalDTMelodicMetal Posts: 2,785 ★★★★★
    edited June 2018
    mum_m2 wrote: »
    King Groot is very easy to defeat. His specials are very easy to ready and get around. Where as venom is much more aggressive and reluctant to use his sp1. There's still a lot of people out there not comfortable with his sp2.
    Cable's Sp1 is completely evade-able. If people duel him to get the timing right, it's a really easy fight.
    Rhino is easy for anyone who cleared RTTL. In lower tiers he's tough, but higher tiers he's a breeze. I think electro, despite being a 4* is better. MODOK on the boss node may be more difficult, but Spiderman pretty much anywhere else is harder. void is more difficult than both.
    No way thor ragnarok, kingpin, or taskmaster get more kills the BPCW. Taskmaster maybe, but while he becomes debuff immune, he doesn't do anything aside from that.
    Sentinels lose so much value since they are prevalent in AQ. Still worthy of being in the top 5, but make one mistake with spiderman se and it's half over for you. Sentinels are completely evade-able - even with full analysis are still pretty easy to clear out. Tech Class is loaded with good defenders also. Could honorably mention doc oc, has long reach, ultrons for their durability and evade, war machine for the unblockable sp1, yondu for the bleed and taking away your ability to parry light attacks.

@mum_m2 The 2nd slide said all defenders are assumed to be at 4/55+ with high signature ability levels and all attackers used against these defenders are assumed to not have ability reduction. Lots of the defenders in the presentation like Sentinel are very easy if you use Blade with GR and/or Sparky or Crossbones for Classic Spidey.

Venom can be tough but his sp2 is easy to evade with practice, evade the 1st hit before he reaches the high point of his jump and the 2nd hit immediately afterwards. BPCW is easy as long as you don't parry him while he has armor buffs active.

Tech was the hardest class to decide the top 5. Yondu, Ultron OG, and Doc Oc got left out because Yondu only inflict bleed/armor break on his 1st and 3rd light attacks (keep your distance and he's only tough on stun immune nodes), Ultron OG's evade is predictable, and Doc Oc is easy to bait special attacks.

I left out champions who aren't available as 5*s because their lower health and attack make them easier to solo in high tier AWs. Great points about science champs, Void has a lot less room for error than most other defenders.
  • fftusisfftusis Posts: 49
    Perhaps you talking over each defender may have been good
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    Cosmic spiderman is really good on powerstart 1 also. but he's a pour man's classic spiderman. If Classic Spiderman is 3 in science, then Cosmic Spiderman shouldn't be higher. And you can evade or slip his sp1.