**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Rank-down tickets and refunds for Pure Skill

The game team acted appropriately when rank-down tickets were issued after changes to PB teams. The same should be done for Pure Skill masteries. People spent time and money to invest in the Pure Skill masteries and rank skill champs accordingly. Kabam has made significant changes to Pure Skill masteries, and this merits rank-down tickets.

Comments

• ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Rank down tickets were not given after removal of block proficiency teams. They just refunded all units spent on willpower which was also rolled out at that time.

Rank down tickets came with changes to DS, BW, SW and Thor as a part of 12.0. A second set was sent out in preparation for 12.1 after people spent their first set of rank down tickets.
  • BlezzzzzzzzzBlezzzzzzzzz Posts: 45
    Regardless of the reasoning, it is very simple - fundamental changes were made to an item that became less valuable when the game team changed Pure Skill. When something is advertised and sold at one value, and then all the sudden changed, then that represents a breach of contract between the consumer and retailer. If a product is significantly changed after you bought it, and the retailer can’t simply offer you store credit, then they MUST fix or replace it or give you a refund.
  • Spartacus29Spartacus29 Posts: 90
    Having the units refunded that it cost to acquire the cores to unlock the mastery makes sense. Rank down tickets don't.
  • BlezzzzzzzzzBlezzzzzzzzz Posts: 45
    Thawnim wrote: »
    Rank down tickets were not given after removal of block proficiency teams. They just refunded all units spent on willpower which was also rolled out at that time.

Rank down tickets came with changes to DS, BW, SW and Thor as a part of 12.0. A second set was sent out in preparation for 12.1 after people spent their first set of rank down tickets.

I think you are missing the point. Instead of nitpicking my verbage, it would be more constructive to agree or disagree with OP.
  • ThawnimThawnim Posts: 1,461 ★★★★
    Thawnim wrote: »

I think you are missing the point. Instead of nitpicking my verbage, it would be more constructive to agree or disagree with OP.

Fine, I disagree with your point. Refund of units seems far more appropriate than rank down tickets at this point. Plus that would follow what they did when willpower was nerfed.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Regardless of the reasoning, it is very simple - fundamental changes were made to an item that became less valuable when the game team changed Pure Skill. When something is advertised and sold at one value, and then all the sudden changed, then that represents a breach of contract between the consumer and retailer. If a product is significantly changed after you bought it, and the retailer can’t simply offer you store credit, then they MUST fix or replace it or give you a refund.

Read their ToS, they can do what they want. Yes it sucks an it's taking too long for an answer, it's not hard for them to just refund the units really
  • Maximus_SpankersonMaximus_Spankerson Posts: 445 ★★
    Pure skill... it's been way way way too long
  • JoeVodkaJoeVodka Posts: 14
    I agree I wasted a lot of units on the pure skill mastery, I'd like my units back. It's exactly what happened with willpower they knew it was going to be of little use compared to the Amount of units you had to spend on unlocking all 3 tiers, so they refunded us the cost. Pure skill is maybe even less useful than willpower is and just as expensive. I don't see why anyone that purchased it prior to 12.0 shouldn't be compensated for it. Only issue is that pure skill can be purchased with units or loyalty and I think no one wants to address it.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    Kabam you need to do something about pure skill, how something this flagrant can go on for this long! It is outrageous and disrespectfull to us! 4500 units for what kabam? Really, we need the same willpower compensation because pure skill is as expensive as willpower.
  • username92847username92847 Posts: 292
    Am I understanding correctly...
    With diminishing returns system,
    Pure skill isnt good anymore over rank 2/3?

(I never unlocked it past 2, cause its so expensive
    ..& Wow, i dont even have a dog in this race,
    but I hope kabam does right by all those who unlocked the lvls - who obviously did it for BW....who was nerfed)