**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Is 4* Yellowjacket worth R5?

I got 3 tier 4 science class catalyst and my only good science champ is a 4* unduped Yellowjacket currently at R4. Should I rank him or wait till I get something better? He has no synergy with my other champs.

Is 4* Yellowjacket worth R5? 68 votes

Rank up to R5
13% 9 votes
Wait for something better (please suggest)
86% 59 votes

Comments

• ace930999ace930999 Posts: 43
    Void or gulk
  • Maldroit2Maldroit2 Posts: 739 ★★★
    I'd wait for better champs. Hulk, Red Hulk, and Luke Cage are what id wait fot
  • KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 311 ★★★
    For AW defense, YJ can be great on unblockable SP1 node, but only when duped. Since yours is not duped, I would hold onto those T4cc
  • ThatOneMasterGamerThatOneMasterGamer Posts: 810 ★★★
    You should wait for Hulk(Ragnarok),Red Hulk,Electro or Spidey(Miles).
  • Thank you so much for all your input!
  • CanarioCanario Posts: 167
    Dude im saying hell yeah lol he is my fave in game and i have done so much with that guy,has awesome attack and health plus his stinget is a good boss killer if your happy to bait specials,im going to get hate for saying this but for me yeah he is worth it plus when duped he makes a awesome defender on unlockable S1.
  • GirlygrilgamerGirlygrilgamer Posts: 2
    I did this bad idea
  • GirlygrilgamerGirlygrilgamer Posts: 2
    He's garbage
    He's garbage

Or your just garbage using him and he cant be garbage if iv pretty much done all content with him and he has been my MVP.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    ^^^ To be fair, if he's your MVP then you probably don't have a very developed roster yet.

I'm not saying YJ isn't a good champ, but IMO there are so many better options out there that you can save for. With more and more 5* champs being made available, I do not recommend taking ANY 4* champ to R5 unless they are a genuine god-tiered champ that will change your game. YJ is NOT god-tier.
    Dexman1349 wrote: »
    ^^^ To be fair, if he's your MVP then you probably don't have a very developed roster yet.

I'm not saying YJ isn't a good champ, but IMO there are so many better options out there that you can save for. With more and more 5* champs being made available, I do not recommend taking ANY 4* champ to R5 unless they are a genuine god-tiered champ that will change your game. YJ is NOT god-tier.

My YJ is a duped 5* R4 and along with gwenpool 5* R3 and magik 5* R3,what may be trash to some maybe awesome to other plus to be fair he is my fave champ and also my roster is awesome,it managed to get me all uncollected events and to become uncollected,he may not be god tier to you guys but he is to me and its my opinion.
  • Alpha07Alpha07 Posts: 649 ★★
    edited June 2018
    I have him as a 4* R5. I personally like his Biosting damage that can't really be prevented. Also the problem with opponent not using Specials when they have biosting applied only happens on arena as far I am concerned.
    Too bad the thing YJ relies at (Damage), other champs do way better. He has almost no utility whatsoever, maybe using the expiring biostings to your advantage when he's duped if you're not very good intercepting. Not that he's trash, In fact he's really good but some other champs are way better.

If I were you, I would rank Yellowjacket ONLY if you have Catalysts Expiring (I see you only have 3) and don't have any other worth it option (Gladiator Hulk, Void, Quake, Red Hulk, Luke Cage, Captain America WW2, Hulk and maybe even OG Cap come in mind). But if you like him do as you wish.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Like I said, he is not a bad champion. I would put him in line with Mordo or Cable. Hit relatively hard, some additional functionality, but no genuine utility that puts them head and shoulders above the bulk of the available champs in the game.

It comes down to how you want to progress your account. There are essentially 2 basic trains of thought (deliberately oversimplified):

1) Rank up the best champs you have as soon as you can regardless of where they fall on the god-tier list.

Pros: This opens up a little bit of the "right now" aspect of the game. You can tackle slightly harder content than before and hopefully expedite unlocking more champs.

Cons: You don't have the resources to rank up better champs when you get them. Your awesome champs will sit on the bench while you try to stockpile resources again. The "right now" content unlocked is usually not substantially better than what you're already fighting in. It's a temporary move with long-term ill-effects.

2) Wait for better champs

Pro: When you get better champs, you can rank them up immediately and essentially open the floodgates of additional content. Your lineup isn't filled with a bunch of "decent" champs that you won't use anymore.

Con: It's a waiting game. You will have to continue wading through the same stuff day after day until you get someone better.

I have a stack of champs I would love to rank down simply because they serve no purpose. I don't use them for content, hate fighting with them in arenas, so they sit there as a monument to wasted resources. I have also upgraded mid-tiered champs once I've stockpiled a bit of resources (like rank up a 5* Cyclops to R3) because I had expiring cats.
  • Thank you all for your detailed comments! It helps a lot!
  • LuckymouseLuckymouse Posts: 10
    Red hulk
  • ^^^ To be fair, if he's your MVP then you probably don't have a very developed roster yet.

My 4* YJ is R1 level 10 and he really doesn’t suck that much compared to my 4* iceman (R5) at all. I would even say he’s my 4th best 4*.

• MoNsTeR_804MoNsTeR_804 Posts: 726 ★★★
    Canario said:

He's garbage

Or your just garbage using him and he cant be garbage if iv pretty much done all content with him and he has been my MVP.

sorry, dude but he is pretty meh. Could've gotten a lot worse tho.
  • OctoberstackOctoberstack Posts: 872 ★★★★
    Captain America (IW) basic arena is just round the corner, defs hold on to those catalysts and see if you can nab him!