**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Domino Mercs

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    helloguys wrote: »
    Clearly, everyone else must be wrong and OP right. Because that’s how it works when you say “I am not wrong.”

I was trying to be constructive and give advice on how to deal with her, but it seems OP is just set on his mindset and not open to even discuss anything else.

The OP asked if people felt she was too extreme for the Rewards offered, in terms of the Event and in comparison to the rest of the difficulty. It's very simple. Do you feel the same way?
    The OP didn't ask for a crash course on how to beat her, or to be raked through the coals based on personal feelings towards the OP's other comments in Threads, which are almost always misinterpreted and taken out of context.
    There's a difference between disagreeing and telling people they have no skill if they find something not right.
    Clearly, everyone else must be wrong and OP right. Because that’s how it works when you say “I am not wrong.”

I was trying to be constructive and give advice on how to deal with her, but it seems OP is just set on his mindset and not open to even discuss anything else.

The OP asked if people felt she was too extreme for the Rewards offered, in terms of the Event and in comparison to the rest of the difficulty. It's very simple. Do you feel the same way?
    The OP didn't ask for a crash course on how to beat her, or to be raked through the coals based on personal feelings towards the OP's other comments in Threads, which are almost always misinterpreted and taken out of context.
    There's a difference between disagreeing and telling people they have no skill if they find something not right.

I’m not quite sure why you’re referring to yourself as the OP, but I was just offering advice. I think you need to reconsider how you come across. You are very hostile and rude at the moment. Nobody was questioning your skill, everyone has champs they find difficult, everyone can do with advice on them. It’s alright.

I think you need to read through the comments and reconsider if you think no one was questioning my skill. I wasn't asking for advice on how to beat her. I asked if people felt it was too amped up. I happen to find it too extreme. If you agree or disagree, that's fine.
    There's no question that the Thread is turning personal and that's not the result of my perceived rudeness. That's the result of people lifting a leg on my Thread based on personal resentments.

You are indirectly asking for domino to be nerfed. Just admit it. Let me guess, all your champs died to her, and you revived and still failed? She's fast, you take damage from parries, evade blah blah. How about we nerf dormammus degen? I mean, there's no skill involved to even counter it. Whereas, domino can be countered well with a tech champion, vision being the fan favourite. You clearly want domino nerfed, but you won't admit it because then everyone would start pointing a finger at you, because you weren't on the nerf train. Git gud, that's all I need to say and btw. This isn't personal, you are making it look personal. I'm just pointing out facts.

You seem to be having a conversation with yourself because that's not what I said at all. In fact, I explicitly said the issue isn't with Domino. It's that she's amped up to the point of making the effort not worth it in Mercs.
    Thank you for the helpful suggestion, but "Git Gud" is not really pertinent to the topic.
    Asmodeyus wrote: »
    Not ready? Lol. You missed the part where I indicated I have no issues with the other Bosses. You can't deny that there is something uniquely difficult about her in Mercs.

So here's my two cents on your issue.

Yes she is tweaked higher than other bosses. She is the only one that gives me difficulty. Her abilities proc about 13x more than my owned version of hers does. (4*). I get that she's a 6* hence more abilities, etc.

No because it's needed to start discussions like this when something is off. (I exclude any posts that are so arrogant and conceited that all they can say is get better, work harder in a "LUCK" based system)

Now, I have beaten her as boss every single time... BUT.. BUT.. sometimes I can blow through her with 1-2 deaths, other times, I'm on my last champ poking her with chopsticks in the butt so she'll die. The problems sadly isn't with her difficulty, it's the way her abilities are. Critical failure can proc on ANYTHING you miss.

Yes it will proc on a missed parry, evade, dexterity, bleed, YES even bleed IMMUNE. (Doesn't trigger bleed but it will cause a critical failure). The only real problem with this characters abilities is, she only has two option in this game, Godly, or Trashcan. There is no in between. Critical Failure penalizes you for doing a good job of skill yet the system somehow decides that you failed, yet you didn't, but we're going to hurt you anyway.

Fighting her is like getting a good drop rate out of any crystal.

I have yet to get a 5* from that Crystal. Lol. It's been consistently frustrating for me.

I’m not quite sure why you’re referring to yourself as the OP, but I was just offering advice. I think you need to reconsider how you come across. You are very hostile and rude at the moment. Nobody was questioning your skill, everyone has champs they find difficult, everyone can do with advice on them. It’s alright.

I think you need to read through the comments and reconsider if you think no one was questioning my skill. I wasn't asking for advice on how to beat her. I asked if people felt it was too amped up. I happen to find it too extreme. If you agree or disagree, that's fine.
    There's no question that the Thread is turning personal and that's not the result of my perceived rudeness. That's the result of people lifting a leg on my Thread based on personal resentments.

You are indirectly asking for domino to be nerfed. Just admit it. Let me guess, all your champs died to her, and you revived and still failed? She's fast, you take damage from parries, evade blah blah. How about we nerf dormammus degen? I mean, there's no skill involved to even counter it. Whereas, domino can be countered well with a tech champion, vision being the fan favourite. You clearly want domino nerfed, but you won't admit it because then everyone would start pointing a finger at you, because you weren't on the nerf train. Git gud, that's all I need to say and btw. This isn't personal, you are making it look personal. I'm just pointing out facts.

You seem to be having a conversation with yourself because that's not what I said at all. In fact, I explicitly said the issue isn't with Domino. It's that she's amped up to the point of making the effort not worth it in Mercs.
    Thank you for the helpful suggestion, but "Git Gud" is not really pertinent to the topic.

Don't do merc missions then dude, end of topic. There's your solution, whining won't work.

Another pearl of wisdom. Thanks for the input.
  • helloguyshelloguys Posts: 90
    In a way, I agree. Domino is OP. Merc rewards suck. They should just give us a challenge where there is a 1* domino boss only, and the quest rewards you 10k 5* shards. That good enough for you?
  • Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    I’m confused @GroundedWisdom

Are you concerned about the event quest domino in this post or the bounty mission domino?

I don’t think either of them need toned down—the event quest I found fairly easy using 5* r4 champs obviously. However, I think as a champ generally, she’s a bunch of bs in regards to how she does totally unavoidable damage and can break through blocks.
  • DL864DL864 Posts: 1,089 ★★★
    I don’t have an issue with her but I would say the rewards are not worth the hassle period. I don’t like Merc Mission in general. Poor rewards and time consuming. So I just don’t do them any more.
    Run477 wrote: »
    I’m confused @GroundedWisdom

Are you concerned about the event quest domino in this post or the bounty mission domino?

I don’t think either of them need toned down—the event quest I found fairly easy using 5* r4 champs obviously. However, I think as a champ generally, she’s a bunch of bs in regards to how she does totally unavoidable damage and can break through blocks.

The Mercs Mission. EQ was fine for me.
  • G0311G0311 Posts: 913 ★★★
    i stopped doing it, not worth the energy charge. I know what u mean in difficulty, not thats its hard but , hard enough for better rewards.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    You spend your time commenting on threads, often repeatedly (and sometimes on matters that may not even be something you can constructively comment on because you haven’t the experience with whatever is being discussed) with the same comments over and over even when told that the first time was enough, but you carry on to the point where people get increasingly frustrated with you and your seemingly arrogant comments and threads get derailed because of it.
    Now you post this and suddenly the tables are turned and you don’t like it, but of course it was gonna result in this because finally people have the opportunity to give you a taste of your own medicine lol.

Did you honestly not expect these kinds of responses?

Oh and to answer your question in the format you want, yes I think domino is perfectly fine for the rewards of these assassin assignments/Merc Missions, the only issue with them being the energy cost.
    You could have just said that without the delitany of personal remarks.
    You're accusing me of the very thing you're doing yourself.

I’m just explaining why people are responding in the way they are, the bit at the end I just added in because I figured I might aswell reword my original response in a way that is satisfactory for you
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    edited June 2018
    Grounded Wisdom: dude chill… she gets all the same buffs as buffs as everyone else. Maybe it’s because of her mechanics that when she gets scaled up she escalates her abilities more.

Personally Kingpin is more annoying trying to constantly bait Sp1 because that delayed triple laser Sp2 is so easy for me to slip up on.

Addendum: have you tried Gladiator Hulk? Or perhaps a tech champ?
    Epsilon3 wrote: »
    Grounded Wisdom: dude chill… she gets all the same buffs as buffs as everyone else. Maybe it’s because of her mechanics that when she gets scaled up she escalates her abilities more.

Personally Kingpin is more annoying trying to constantly bait Sp1 because that delayed triple laser Sp2 is so easy for me to slip up on.

I don't care for fighting Kingpin either, but it's doable. This is just too much in comparison. It's almost as if it wasn't predicted how much of an increase in difficulty it would be, given the Rarity, Sig, and Nodes. All I know is it doesn't feel like an appropriate challenge for what it is.
    I don't belittle people for having an issue with how something seems more amped up than is necessary..
    The cost of gold to rank up 5* and 6* is amped up more than necessary. You belittle people about that.

Pointing out that how we spend it is a factor in having it is not belittling.
    If you're not going to address what the topic is, I'm not going to respond.
    edited June 2018
    Not once have I said "oh why don't you try Map 3".
    I see what you're trying to do.
    I'm not biting.
This discussion has been closed.