**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
We have not set an end-date for the new period, but we will update this banner when we have more information.

6* Featured Crystal Error [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Pddp1369Pddp1369 Posts: 13
    @Kabam Miike what will the answer be for those of us that spun the crystal before it was taken down?
  • iReaper9000iReaper9000 Posts: 18
    edited June 2018
    Pddp1369 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike what will the answer be for those of us that spun the crystal before it was taken down?

I would like to know this as well, i feel like i got shafted, i sent in a ticket, but you never know how that goes... if kabam says how it will be dealt with here we should know everyone will get the same fair treatment. @Kabam Miike
    I would even be fine if they took the 6* i got and gave shards to try again. 5 months of saving just to not even be able to get the 6* champion i wanted is not ok.
  • SkinnyfitSkinnyfit Posts: 37
    This also happened to me today. I'll be keeping my eye out to see the official response as like others have said, if certain champs were not available that was not the gamble I made.

If it turns out it was just an error on the spin and the champs were in the crystal, so be it. Mine broke on Daredevil and I respun and got Gamora...so both rubbish lol
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★
    the time u purchased the crystal, it is already determined

the reel is all just for show
  • AppleisgodAppleisgod Posts: 1,420 ★★★★
    Skinnyfit wrote: »
    This also happened to me today. I'll be keeping my eye out to see the official response as like others have said, if certain champs were not available that was not the gamble I made.

If it turns out it was just an error on the spin and the champs were in the crystal, so be it. Mine broke on Daredevil and I respun and got Gamora...so both rubbish lol

I've seen sabretooth, cap iw, glaive and imiw already
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,125 ★★★★★

It Not when u hav pushers it it when u either tap oppen it ore spin it.
  • Deebo4300Deebo4300 Posts: 91
    I sent in a ticket as well and did receive a prompt response. However, the response was that they would be doing nothing. Shortly followIng the response the crystal was taken down.
  • correborrecorreborre Posts: 37
    edited June 2018

Its when you press either open och add the crystal to the spin when the loot is determined tho isnt it?

Actually im pretty sure it is. I remember spinning a crystal before, right when it stopped on a champ the game got emergency DC and when it got back up the crystal opening didnt go through. When i popped the 2nd time i got another champ than the first.
  • New_Noob168New_Noob168 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    They weren’t going to do anything? That’s messed. Some of the champs that were gotten shouldn’t even be in the crystal.
  • the time u purchased the crystal, it is already determined

pretty sure it is determined the second you put it on the reel or press the open button, not when it is bought.
  • ScotchScotch Posts: 24
    If the crystal was glitching, or not behaving as it is supposed to, for whatever reason( and apparently it was, as they disabled it to get it fixed), then people who spun before the disabling should get to respin it, as they should be spinning a crystal that is not glitching or otherwise misbehaving.
  • ContestOfNoobsContestOfNoobs Posts: 1,454 ★★★★

pretty sure it is determined the second you put it on the reel or press the open button, not when it is bought.

@Kabam Miike please confirm this on how crystal are opened

have the people who already bought bugged crystal and tried opening it, has the champion already been chosen?
  • Jodo_KJodo_K Posts: 23
    I've restarted the app several times, and even tried reinstalling it, and I'm just not seeing the new crystal. There's no banner on the homepage about it or the old featured champs entering the 6 star basic crystal...although if I expand the basic crystal, they do appear as the top champs.

I've seen several videos & posts now of people opening this crystal...how come it isn't showing up for me?
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,125 ★★★★★
    It becasse it has ben take Down becasse ther where a isuce with the cystal.
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★

It is determined not when put on the reel or when spinning but when you tap to slow it down or it “time’s out” and slows down itself. Although this is due to making an assumption. When you spin the crystal you can force close or the game can shut down due to maintenance and you get that crystal back. If you tap it to slow it down and the game force closes, you do not get that crystal back. The assumption being that both scenarios yield two different champs.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

@Kabam Miike please confirm this on how crystal are opened

have the people who already bought bugged crystal and tried opening it, has the champion already been chosen?

Champ/reward is determined at the moment you press open or put the crystal into the spinner, not when you purchase the crystal. If you purchased the bugged crystal and Kabam fixes the problem on their end, you should be fine.
  • CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    V1PER1987 wrote: »

It is determined not when put on the reel or when spinning but when you tap to slow it down or it “time’s out” and slows down itself. Although this is due to making an assumption. When you spin the crystal you can force close or the game can shut down due to maintenance and you get that crystal back. If you tap it to slow it down and the game force closes, you do not get that crystal back. The assumption being that both scenarios yield two different champs.
    Made a video demonstrating this by turning off wifi while spinning. The first time the crystal is not told to stop while spinning before wifi is turned off and is then returned to my crystal vault. The second spin the crystal is told to stop before turning off wifi and is removed from my crystal vault.

https://youtu.be/5wF-ePHFdr4

It is decided as soon as you drop it in the spin. Your alliance mates can see what you get before you do that way
  • SuperiorSveeSuperiorSvee Posts: 51
    Having an issue like this and getting a character you don't want.....ugh. Not fun.
  • vinniegainzvinniegainz Posts: 902 ★★★
    Appleisgod wrote: »

It is decided as soon as you drop it in the spin. Your alliance mates can see what you get before you do that way

See post above yours LOL. It is as soon as you tap the crystal or.... when you plan to let it spin out > it is determined when it self "clicks" and starts to slow down.

See post above yours LOL. It is as soon as you tap the crystal or.... when you plan to let it spin out > it is determined when it self "clicks" and starts to slow down.

Check yourself before you embarrass yourself with wrong info
  • djr17djr17 Posts: 649 ★★★
    edited June 2018

If that is the case, then you should be able to drop it into the spin, then go out to your alliance feed to see who you are going to get without opening it, and then pop it for confirmation at a much later time.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

I thought it was determined as soon as you drop the crystal into the spinner as well, but I just tested and @vinniegainz is right it's as soon as the crystal is clicked while spinning. Popped a 4* crystal in the reel and force closed while it was spinning, it didn't open the crystal.
  • Ms121986Ms121986 Posts: 21
    @Kabam Miike hey also is the basic crystal okay to open yet ? I see top prizes are different , but no banner
  • ScotchScotch Posts: 24
    The issue at hand isn't when the champ is determined, it's if the crystal was bugged or not performing as it's supposed to. Although if you bought the crystal but haven't opened it yet, I guess there could be concern that your crystal could still be bugged after the reinstatement of the crystal

I feel embarrassed for you once again SEE VIDEO ABOVE YOU POST. Some people are just that dense I guess

quote="Hulksmasshh;c-443878"]

I thought it was determined as soon as you drop the crystal into the spinner as well, but I just tested and @vinniegainz is right it's as soon as the crystal is clicked while spinning. Popped a 4* crystal in the reel and force closed while it was spinning, it didn't open the crystal. [/quote]

Yep exactly the case, to humor @Appleisgod I just tested with my alliance mates, put a 3* in the spinner, didnt click open or let it "self spin", force closed, nothing in alliance feed and I retained my crystal.

@Appleisgod embarrassed yet? Check yourself cause you just wrecked yourself...
    Scotch wrote: »
    The issue at hand isn't when the champ is determined, it's if the crystal was bugged or not performing as it's supposed to. Although if you bought the crystal but haven't opened it yet, I guess there could be concern that your crystal could still be bugged after the reinstatement of the crystal

Ya thats why it is really odd that with footage I have seen, the error message does not show up until one clicks the crystal or it self-clicks from spinning out.

Definitely an issue with the actual selection of the champ.
  • BeatleraoBeatlerao Posts: 153
    So Kabam responded to me that they are returning my shards. I had purchased a crystal but hadn’t opened it yet. Not sure what they’ll do with people who have already opened it but at least I got a quick response.
This discussion has been closed.