**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Iron Man of infinite annoyances

Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
Not to be that guy but what’s the “strategy” to fight Infinity War Iron Man?

I feel like this has been covered but besides hoping the enemy has recoil and hitting their block or dying I’ve yet to find any way to fight this ridiculously amped up mecha-wannabe.

Like seriously willing to fight even Dormammu and Donino for 1 node over him... and Medusa…

Comments

• DaMunkDaMunk Posts: 1,883 ★★★★
    I use Void and use lots of heavy attacks.
  • Epsilon3Epsilon3 Posts: 1,138 ★★★
    DaMunk wrote: »

HOW?! Not only a how as to heavy him but also how to get Void?

Crystals are awful and scheduling prevents me from doing arena outside the catalysts.

Immunity to bleeds
    His heavy can’t be countered due to that sword always clipping me by what seems like pixels
    His AI always makes him dash late
    His specials can’t be punished due to the range and lack of landing lag
    And the auto block parries my heavies

And the nodes are still bugging out so the armor from optimist (and possibly pessimist) are acting as molecular armors

He’s ridiculous for an outside lane that literally is supposed to expect nothing yet without fail just attracts him. And apparently… you NEED medusa or void…
    I’m aware you “can” do it with anyone but for gods sake is it a literal nightmare in practice.
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★
    Epsilon3 wrote: »

Crystals are awful and scheduling prevents me from doing arena outside the catalysts.

Immunity to bleeds
    His heavy can’t be countered due to that sword always clipping me by what seems like pixels

And the nodes are still bugging out so the armor from optimist (and possibly pessimist) are acting as molecular armors

He’s ridiculous for an outside lane that literally is supposed to expect nothing yet without fail just attracts him. And apparently… you NEED medusa or void…

Look on YouTube, plenty of videos showing how it's done. Best counters are hype, void, sparky and even bleed champs as long as you understand his abilities an when you can apply bleeds.

Depends on nodes but you can play him by baiting out heavys then punish him. Another tactic is when starts to launch a heavy you intercept him by using a heavy of your own. Just look on you tube an practice with duels
    Jaffacaked wrote: »

Immunity to bleeds

Look on YouTube, plenty of videos showing how it's done. Best counters are hype, void, sparky and even bleed champs as long as you understand his abilities an when you can apply bleeds.

Depends on nodes but you can play him by baiting out heavys then punish him. Another tactic is when starts to launch a heavy you intercept him by using a heavy of your own. Just look on you tube an practice with duels

Two things:

Have you tried using a heavy attack without parry or abusable specials? It doesn’t happen especially not against blocks (which it was designed to beat) or already in motion heavies

How does one “practice against nodes”?
    Well I was lucky to get Void. That said find him to duel and just try and use heavies. That's what I had to do. You block until he goes to use his and dash back and use yours. I still see him on node 38 occasionally and that's about the only way you can beat him especially in tier 3 and up.
    Believe me I understand your frustration with him. But seriously duel him constantly using heavies. On node 38 against him, heavies and special 3 are all I do against him. I think it's sort of ridiculous that you have to fight a champ that way but that's where we are at.
  • KaruseusKaruseus Posts: 528 ★★
    If you have karnak, his sp1 as well as sp3 will really help
    If not, killmonger synergy will winter soldier can get your job done by intercept, although you need to get used to this
    Or chanpions like black widow, crossbones, or elektra, Or anyone with high percentage of ability reduction can get the job done, although it’s little risky

If it is not specific champions you are referring to, i guess i agree with the others
    Practice heavy counter. As simple and stupid it may sound, it’s actually very effective
    Also i would like to add that you can parry his first light attack, stick close to him. Don’t give him space between you and him. You can parry him if he decides to use light attack instead of middle attack
    Oh of course you can use proxima midnight to parry, then heavy him. Again, if you have her.
    Get her missions done and you have, though quite short, true strike. 100combo for her dupe is ridiculous, so I won’t say much about that lol
  • BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★
    Once you learn how to heavy counter (bait his heavy, then time your heavy to intercept it), the fight becomes doable. I take path 7 every war (with node 38 on it), and I take Hyperion and corvus Glaive, they are my reliable IMIW killers
  • JaffacakedJaffacaked Posts: 1,415 ★★★★

Immunity to bleeds

Two things:

Have you tried using a heavy attack without parry or abusable specials? It doesn’t happen especially not against blocks (which it was designed to beat) or already in motion heavies

Yes i have a have no problems killing iwim without dying on every node I've faced him on.

If you "practice" the heavy intercept with your heavy then it doesn't matter the node, an doesn't matter if he is stun immune. He only becomes a problem when he is at 15% health, You can fight against him normally up til then. At 15% that's when you implement the heavy intercept or try save an l3 an try to kill him that way.

People here are giving you advice an telling you what works for them. Dueling iwim makes a huge difference an makes it easier to fight in war. If you don't want to listen to that advice then that's up to you.

• Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    There really needs to be a way to fight him outside of heavy-intercepts. I understand trying to eliminate the common button-mashing combo routine, but this is too far.

It's one thing to need a specific strategy to get past a high-level war node. It's another thing for that strategy to be the only way to beat him.

IWIM is beyond an out-of-balance champ. It's worse than fighting a bugged Modok. I just hope Kabam changes him soon.
  • Dexman1349Dexman1349 Posts: 3,060 ★★★★★
    Wait, does he really parry a Heavy attack?

He can if he has the Stand Your Ground mastery.

Immunity to bleeds

Two things:

Yes i have a have no problems killing iwim without dying on every node I've faced him on.

If you "practice" the heavy intercept with your heavy then it doesn't matter the node, an doesn't matter if he is stun immune. He only becomes a problem when he is at 15% health, You can fight against him normally up til then. At 15% that's when you implement the heavy intercept or try save an l3 an try to kill him that way.

People here are giving you advice an telling you what works for them. Dueling iwim makes a huge difference an makes it easier to fight in war. If you don't want to listen to that advice then that's up to you.

All I meant is that no matter how I can’t heavy him. That sword is literally just too long for me to counter without a 50/50 chance I get slashed.

And it’s not just dueling him. It’s making sure it’s possible to fight him under even worse conditions
    Also: to ANYONE recommending specific champions kindly bugger off.

I understand they’re the “best way” but if I had those champs I’d obviously not be in this spot now would I
  • ShadPrinceShadPrince Posts: 842 ★★★

Immunity to bleeds

Two things:

All I meant is that no matter how I can’t heavy him. That sword is literally just too long for me to counter without a 50/50 chance I get slashed.

And it’s not just dueling him. It’s making sure it’s possible to fight him under even worse conditions

You're not meant to heavy intercept at the end, it's only after the first part.
    The sword, and even the hammer animations really shouldn't occur for the best results.

Immunity to bleeds

Two things:

Sir go on YouTube... Sir go on YouTube... There are videos showing you how to hit him with a Heavy without getting hit by his Heavy. Watch and practice. The issue is Stand Your Ground mastery. That part there is just trash move by Kabam.

I have. Countering his heavy always leaves me either fully hit, clipped by the last hit, or backed into a wall.
    If you watched the video posted up here by Mirage_turtle, you will know that you can heavy intercept even when you are backed against a wall if you have dexterity mastery
    As for stand your ground mastery, Kabam is surely to be blamed here

Immunity to bleeds

Two things:

Sir go on YouTube... Sir go on YouTube... There are videos showing you how to hit him with a Heavy without getting hit by his Heavy. Watch and practice. The issue is Stand Your Ground mastery. That part there is just trash move by Kabam.

I have. Countering his heavy always leaves me either fully hit, clipped by the last hit, or backed into a wall.

How exactly are you countering his heavy? From what you've said, it is not the same as the method on YouTube, because you usually can gain ground while doing the heavy intercept method as it is on YouTube. If you're struggling with getting a heavy off quickly enough, try swiping down on the screen. It won't register as a dash back or dash forward, and it'll turn into a heavy (you might need to practice it a bit)
  • JoMama999JoMama999 Posts: 43

You need to practice countering his heavy after the first hit, not the last. YouTube videos will show you the timing. Once you get that, you can beat him with almost any champ

I’m attempting to fight a 5/65 with only my 2/35 Jane Foster

No matter where in the heavy I counter hon I end up dead.

Who’s bright idea was to limit duels a day without paying?
    If you've already understood how to do it properly, then it's just a matter of perfecting it. It'll probably be a bit more difficult because of your health and his attack, but once you can do it, you'll eventually start being able to chain it on and then just do it indefinitely.
    ShadPrince wrote: »
    If you've already understood how to do it properly, then it's just a matter of perfecting it. It'll probably be a bit more difficult because of your health and his attack, but once you can do it, you'll eventually start being able to chain it on and then just do it indefinitely.

I never said I’m gaining much success. He’s an odd combination of watching him and his nodes.

Not to mention this method still requires and exasperated amount of block damage which feels filthy on Kabam’s part
    OK the problem for you is Jane Foster. She has the shortest heavy in the game as far as I know. It has no range. You'll need a better champ for this

It’s intentional. The claim is with “any champion” so I’m using the most stock champion I have access to at the moment to avoid any inherent advantage based on being lucky with crystals. Any champion can take out Dormammu or Mephisto and most can brutalize Domino. Evaders are possible with everyone. So using the most generic champion possible to fight IMIW sounds about right.