**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Champs have different drop rates in crystal bundle

CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
Why is it that Loki's crystal has a better drop rate than taskmasters? Just seems weird that a better champ has a worse drop rate... gqd5tdiuvg1u.png
bejbd3eoafz2.png

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Pretty sure one of those is a typo.
  • CrkwestCrkwest Posts: 384 ★★★

But taskmaster has a lower chance on both 4* and 5* by 0.10%, doubt the typo would be twice by the same amount :/
    Captain America and Loki have the same probability, so that's not a typo either
  • V1PER1987V1PER1987 Posts: 3,474 ★★★★★
    Probably because older champs tend to have higher drop rates than newer ones. For example if you check the drop rate for a brand new champ, I think it’s .4% for a 5*. But when they return, I think they have a .91% chance for a 5*. It’s just because they lower the drop rate on more desirable (newer) champs.
    They've already said that newer Champs don't have a lower rate than older, unless specified, as in Featured Crystals. There's no evidence to support Loki having a higher Drop Rate than Taekmaster. Either one of two things happened in my mind. They increased the Drop Rate for all of them, or one of them is not accurate. I'm leaning towards the latter.
    They've already said that newer Champs don't have a lower rate than older, unless specified, as in Featured Crystals. There's no evidence to support Loki having a higher Drop Rate than Taekmaster. Either one of two things happened in my mind. They increased the Drop Rate for all of them, or one of them is not accurate. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Nope. Whatever description they add to the crystal is accurate. No mistakes ever.
  • Jim0172Jim0172 Posts: 85
    This was also the case for the Cable and Bishop FGMC's over the weekend. Cable had a greater chance than Bishop.
    Lol. Right. No mistakes have ever occurred.
    Let's just wait to see if there is any more info before we jump to conclusions.
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★

Kabam has stated that the drop rates displayed are pulled directly from the the backend drop chance of each crystal, so if it's a typo that would be a lie on Kabam's part. But I think you are wrong and it's not a typo, rather those are the actual intended chances for the champions. Kabam has their reasons for setting the drop rates to whatever they please, maybe because Taskmaster is still somewhat new while Loki and Captain America have been out for a long time.
    edited June 2018

Kabam has stated that the drop rates displayed are pulled directly from the the backend drop chance of each crystal, so if it's a typo that would be a lie on Kabam's part. But I think you are wrong and it's not a typo, rather those are the actual intended chances for the champions. Kabam has their reasons for setting the drop rates to whatever they please, maybe because Taskmaster is still somewhat new while Loki and Captain America have been out for a long time.

There have been errors with descritpion of Crystals, just recently actually. It's possible.
    The comment was made that the Basic Crystals contain equal rates, and that Champs have an equal rate unless specified. Which is what has me curious. They could specify and have whatever rate they want. I'm not entirely clear. What I do know was said, is that there aren't increased rates for older Champs in the regular Crystals.
    edited June 2018
    Not imagining. Confirmation Bias. If you have over 100 Champs and a handful you want, you're bound to get more that you don't want. The number of Champs people are going for compared to the number they don't want is very small.

There have been errors with descritpion of Crystals, just recently actually. It's possible.
    The comment was made that the Basic Crystals contain equal rates, and that Champs have an equal rate unless specified. Which is what has me curious. They could specify and have whatever rate they want. I'm not entirely clear. What I do know was said, is that there aren't increased rates for older Champs in the regular Crystals.

It’s not a basic crystal. Don’t you get it? Each crystal has an increased chance to get a specific champ. Those crystals have a different drop rate altogether than a regular basic. Can’t compare apples to oranges.
  • Primmer79Primmer79 Posts: 2,968 ★★★★
    What I do know was said, is that there aren't increased rates for older Champs in the regular Crystals.

I believe this comment was made towards 'basic' crystals. These are considered featured crystals, just as the older champs given different drop rates in their feature crystal when it comes around. And based off previous comment about how the numbers are pulled from the back-end, I think that the drop rates are, in fact, displayed correctly, which makes me question why they are different, but its not overall a big deal.
    I realize we're not talking about the Basic. That's why I said it has me curious.
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,861 ★★★★★
    Crkwest wrote: »
    Why is it that Loki's crystal has a better drop rate than taskmasters? Just seems weird that a better champ has a worse drop rate... gqd5tdiuvg1u.png
    bejbd3eoafz2.png

They silent nerfed the drop rates. Lets all ask for RDT's and compensation.

😩
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    That’s how all the featured gmc work, the drop rates for the specific champ for that featured often changes dependant on the champion
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,552 Guardian

@Hulksmasshh is correct: Kabam explicitly stated that the reason for the delay in providing drop rates is because they added a feature directly to the game code that calculates the drop percentages based on the actual contents of the drop tables. Those numbers cannot be typoed. It is more likely it is an error in the drop tables themselves, which the game client is correctly displaying to the players. The fact that both numbers are one part in a thousand higher suggests to me this is not likely a deliberate attempt to increase the drop percentage for Loki.
    DNA3000 wrote: »

@Hulksmasshh is correct: Kabam explicitly stated that the reason for the delay in providing drop rates is because they added a feature directly to the game code that calculates the drop percentages based on the actual contents of the drop tables. Those numbers cannot be typoed. It is more likely it is an error in the drop tables themselves, which the game client is correctly displaying to the players. The fact that both numbers are one part in a thousand higher suggests to me this is not likely a deliberate attempt to increase the drop percentage for Loki.

Okay, thanks.
  • IrohrIrohr Posts: 254 ★★
    Why do you guys even acknowledge this guy. Just stop feeding the troll.