**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are "game boosters" a TOS violation?

spaceoctopusspaceoctopus Posts: 1,111 ★★★
Fed up with the lag I downloaded a game booster app. It does nothing but optimize my phone. It does require that I launch mcoc through it though which got me worried. No reason this should be a violation, but I wanted certainty. And it has tremendously helped the lag, so please please please don't be a violation.

Comments

• Options
    Darkness82Darkness82 Posts: 275
    I’m sure it is I don’t know
  • Options
    RicardobaltoRicardobalto Posts: 238
    @spaceoctopus I just tried the app but I can’t seem to find mcoc booster in there. Just the future fight booster.
  • Options
    It's just called game booster, it's for Android
  • Options
    iRetr0iRetr0 Posts: 1,252 ★★★★
    That booster can manipulate resolution and graphics.
    It is not unfair to be honest and should be okay but i know guy who got short ban for that

Not worth the risk, although it seems SOO worth it to use it, I checked it out, reviews look great for the free version
  • Options
    @spaceoctopus well there’s is one at IOS App Store but guess the booster for mcoc isn’t in iOS version but on android version
  • Options
    The hell? Why would Kabam make a big fuss about this anyway. If it help smoothen the gameplay then it’s just a big plus for them to gain more revenue thanks to the booster app
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Hi Ricardobalto,

Only software that can potentially modify or influence the game are restricted. If you have questions about any 3rd party software, please reach out to our Support Team for assistance.
  • Options
    Support team will say the same as you do, buddy
  • Options
    The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    Kabam Ahab wrote: »
    Hi Ricardobalto,

Only software that can potentially modify or influence the game are restricted. If you have questions about any 3rd party software, please reach out to our Support Team for assistance.

No offence but your support team would give a generic response that doesn’t answer the question

Exactly that.
    I would post their response but I'm not allowed.
    All they said is if it alters the game its not allowed.

All I want is some one from Kabam to definitevly say yes or no.
    In the 3 different replies from 3 different people at "support" no one has been able to do this
  • Options
    Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    Depends on what the booster does. You need to contact the app maker. If it just grants preferential resources to the game by blocking resources to other apps when the game is open, then it is ok for Kabam. Ideally that is what a booster should do. Like have a dedicated lane for a vehicle in traffic.

If it changes any way the game is recognised by the game server, that becomes a modification and is banned.
  • Options
    Dark_King888Dark_King888 Posts: 227
    Many cell phones now have this game mode which, depending on your choices, does everything from defrag the game, load it faster by alloting more memory, provide preferential bandwidth, block notifications etc etc. All that is in no way a breach on policy.
  • Options
    After 5 emails back and forth I got this response from support

"We appreciate that you are clever enough about our Terms of Service. About your concern, with using Game Booster Apps on your device, I want you to know that, that app is fine. It won't cause anything to automatically keep your account at risk, but just to set proper expectation, I am afraid we won't be able to assist with any issues that arise from using it, yet we are so willing to help however possible."

So you can use it but if you get a ban they won't help you even though they said you can use it
  • Options
    Wow! Kabam being all clever
  • Options
    GabbrosGabbros Posts: 156
    The_One wrote: »

"We appreciate that you are clever enough about our Terms of Service. About your concern, with using Game Booster Apps on your device, I want you to know that, that app is fine. It won't cause anything to automatically keep your account at risk, but just to set proper expectation, I am afraid we won't be able to assist with any issues that arise from using it, yet we are so willing to help however possible."

So you can use it but if you get a ban they won't help you even though they said you can use it

I think they mean due to bad sync or errors from the app...not tat ull get banned.
  • Options
    Gabbros wrote: »

I think they mean due to bad sync or errors from the app...not tat ull get banned.

So they're saying if the game becomes unresponsive, or there are any bugs when using it they won't accept responsibility?

Makes sense I guess, it's all in the way you read it
  • Options
    blindside493blindside493 Posts: 51
    SKOutsider wrote: »
    If you pay enough money then nothing is a violation in this game.

Truer words have never been said.
  • Options
    NarcuulNarcuul Posts: 115
    Clever girl.
  • Options

Thanks for that. I just got the generic response in mine.
  • Options

Thanks for that. I just got the generic response in mine.

I did but I kept at them until I got a real person